Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

pvp possibilities showcase

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AbyssWalker, Mar 9, 2019.

1. AbyssWalker

AbyssWalker Air Elemental
    Supporter

BPG like to care about new players,but new players not realising what kind of pvp this game have.
    In my opinion expansions is useless and will not give you good effect.
    I think you should make real advertising of pvp mechanics,all new players must try this spells and they cant leave this game after.
    upload_2019-3-9_20-6-34.png
    When i was new player i was so amazed with WoF and fireballs.
    Can you make advertising some tricks with every of this spell,game still unknown but must be top1.

#1 AbyssWalker, Mar 9, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  2. Sameog

Sameog Deadeye
    Legend

I agree, the pvp in this game is what makes it great and unique from everything else out there. Glad someone is finally working on the default bindings, hopefully an updated tutorial comes with that. We shouldn't let people quit before they try out the combat.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. koruun

koruun Gravelord

Here is another idea on how to introduce the spellbook. Copy-pasted an excerpt from my write up on the NPE under the Early Game Content section:
    In terms of the new player interacting with the skills and spells of Darkfall, there is very little exposure to the combat nature of the end game. In my opinion, giving newbie mobs weakened (skill level 1 or lower) versions of field AoEs, bolts, rays, de-buffs, etc. could help introduce the new player to Darkfall’s diverse spellbook, while better engaging them in terms of interesting combat.

Blaze likes this.
  4. Degamra

Degamra Wildtribe Mage
    Hero

Have a tutorial you run thru before portaling to your starter city (similar to UW quick tutorial zone) where your character is a maxed mage with all the pre-binds setup, where someone can fool around and know what they're grinding towards once they enter the real game.

Bartlebe and Sameog like this.
  5. Lungs

Lungs Goblin Scout
    Hero

YESSS, most pvpers will stay after trying out the combat....I used to play alot of WoW arena in BC and it was fun, but fights in darkfall are a lot more fun, you have to actually aim/coordinate heals-focus fire ect. without a shitty tab target system...
    It feels better than like any pvp game out there, I think showing noobs all the cool spells at the start is a GREAT idea.

Sameog likes this.
  6. RoD

RoD Undead Dwarf
    Wealthy Legend

i think schools should be remove as they are now, so you put all the damage spells in one school, utility in other school, supports spells in other school. Something like that. For a noob have to search all the spells trhwo the actual schools is a pain in the ass i think.

7. Leafcrawl

Leafcrawl Goblin Warlord

NPE should be a top priority before Embers launch and I do believe BPG is focusing on that area before the expansion hits.

I felt like @SuB ZeRo had a decent foundation for the NPE that can be improved upon.

This game needs fresh blood and for that fresh blood to stay, so help them understand the game more from the beginning.

8. propain

propain Frostjarl
    Loyal Hero

Always thought a new player should be able to test the spells in the game in a sort of training grounds area. Letting them experience WOF, and the Health Leech spells is so much more interesting than mana missle...