Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

(QQ) Quick Quinback 8/25/2019

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Quin Tessence, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Black Knight
    Legend

* A loading screen has a syntax error and should probably have a transparent box to help read tips.
    Every 7-10 words could use a line break for aesthetics.
    [​IMG]

* Returning to the game from character storage no longer deletes your extra bank tabs +

* Bank Jumble is a major turn off in this game.
    Adding a Tab that lets you view/move resources in a list or a "spread" command would be a great QoL.
    [​IMG]

* No idea why, but removing all your bindings does not update your hotbar
    [​IMG]

* Some options are hidden and impossible to see. Abbreviating text "Maximum" to "Max" will fix this.
    [​IMG]

* Changing the "Walk" command to "Toggle Walk" would be cool if traps ever get added that trigger when a player "Runs" over them.

* Updated Graphics look good (but I didn't really look around too much)

* The Camping system was an unexpected surprise

* The Amount of Tasks on Display is overwhelming
    The text both inside the task book and on the tracker is about 10 font sizes too small
    The amount of creatures needed to be killed on the tasks is way too high and should be broken up
    Making tasks show up as a percentage and giving people a boost for the first 10% everyday would help
    Giving people a random task for daily, weekly, and co-op challenges would help.
    Spinning a "Task Wheel" and getting bonus reward for completing that would help.

I only managed to play a short time but I instantly noticed the population really bad and this is kind of odd since the game has patched twice recently. Not sure I'll be playing again soon, but wanted to give some honest feedback so that BPG aren't in the dark.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Scrapnotcrap, Andrew and kilrain like this.
  2. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

Thanks for the feedback mate. Appreciate it.

Summer slump still happening, June-August are always slower months with many enjoying vacations and whatnot. Population will perk up soon and we plan to do some advertising once the next few patches are in.

Quin Tessence likes this.
  3. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Black Knight
    Legend

So I was a little confused on why my Runebook was broken, but figured a new mechanic was added... but

turns out you guys took a nearly $40.00 store page utility item (witch is pay to win) and nerfed it so that it only functions when approuching a chaos bind stone and pressing alternative use with a blank rune.
    [​IMG]

A few thought on this change....

I needed to use the Darkfall Info Database to even find a chaos bind stone near me (and the book will not mark NPC cities ) making the value of the book in my eyes worthless.

I cant seem to change the name of the Rune or have forgotten how, and cannot arrange the positions of the runes in the book making the book very difficult to want to use both for building a Rune Library and traveling.

I understand that this change was brought about to cater to land control and to block people from portaling into an area they do not control, but I think BPG needs to have a serious conversation about the direction of Darkfall and the feasibility of implementing land control mechanics into a static state MMO.

Basically what land control would do is change the dichotomy of the game to lean twords a very large arena style game that has no end state meaning it would only be fun the first week or first few days. By putting up land control in an "Open world" MMO your closing off a considerable amount of content to the general population that do not participate in large guilds.

This change seems completely opposite of the first major changes BPG has made to eliminate Factions and to open up more of the world to everyone and to tune the Alignment system so that it functions more as a PvP flag.

Going back to the rune books, these items should be removed from your Store page because they do not function as Rune Books, they serve as Chaos Bind Markers. Every player who has purchased one will probably be very upset with this change and like setting Banks to Local access, restricting travel to grids will greatly offend a majority of your supporters.

No idea how this will play out going forward, but I am neither interested in the progress being made or hopeful for the future until an actual plan that lines up with what ever goals BPG has is presented more clearly.

#3 Quin Tessence, Sep 2, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  4. JasperHawkins

JasperHawkins Infernal
    Loyal Legend

Thanks for giving honest and constructive criticism instead of just flaming we could use more people like you and the community.

Andrew likes this.
  5. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

We have a plan with the runebooks as we agree the change to chaos stones missed the mark on the runebooks intention, it was an over-correction. We wanted to dial back runebooks a bit because their use became too easy and cheap to get to any point in the world. We have a plan in mind to add new rune glyphs to the map so as to not reuse the chaos stones and it will become the new point to bind a runebook to.

The intention is to allow players to access most areas of the map through a custom made book of locations but keeping it reliable to where they can spawn. Being able to TP around the map right on top of others so freely at many POIs makes it difficult to manage. Having set locations means players need to expend a runestone to get to a specific point and remark the runestone so it is possible but time consuming and expensive. We want a variety of options for players to move around the world to get closer to their target for that game session. The faster and more convenient options costing the most and the lesser forms of fast travel being cheaper. Runebooks as they were trumped absolutely every other option which is why changes were desired.

The rune Glyph concept we have discussed will not require a reset of runebooks as we did with the chaos stone change. We heard loud and clear that change was not welcome work to rebind. Runebooks are meant to be a casual friendly feature as that is our target market.

JasperHawkins likes this.
  6. JasperHawkins

JasperHawkins Infernal
    Loyal Legend

Party on Wayne

7. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

i got a full book for niff and cairn. they just require 6 slots each.

i was thinking about purchasing a book to use up all the slots for mainland only. i have never purchased a book, but this runebook patch, i just love it

i hoenslty think that all bindstones except player city/hamlet binds should be markable.

i am kinda against adding any new chaos stones or things of that nature unless the plan is to keep it as scarce as it already is.
    if i can mod a game, i turn teleportation off.