Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Question !! Would current ROA players support a full wipe?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leo Woods, Dec 28, 2018.

?

Full wipe?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Cairn Giant
    Legend

That's why you fucking fix the fundamental issues FIRST. I was making massive posts about BEFORE launch,and warning what would happen if BPG didn't... well they ignored it and rushed launch and look what happened

No one would even be talking about a wipe had BPG listened, do I need to go necro threads from damn near 3 years ago to prove it?

You just cannot help some people

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    kinglear likes this.
  2. Sorrow Avaritia

Sorrow Avaritia Obsidian Golem
    Hero

RoA hasn't got a good population, it just feels overcrowded because of the changes they have made.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  3. kinglear

kinglear Black Knight

i, for one, think that we should wipe but also get rid of all monsters, items, and spells that @Animal doesnt use, that way he can continue to rock kids with his "anybody can play it" playstyle

Forgotten and Grimtide like this.
  4. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

I say we make it so every1 has a min ping of 40 and see what happens.

5. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

You’d be surprised at how many people have sub 40 ping and still can’t compete to save their life.

Korag and Grimtide like this.
  6. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Where would these mythical servers be located?

7. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

I was just on about the dagger sticky, I think once you hit around 40-60 ping it would be pretty hard to pull off.

I meant the lowest ping any1 could have would be 40 ping.

Oresmacker likes this.
  8. Volfen

Volfen Infernal
    Loyal Legend

We all travel to an island where we play RoA on LAN with <1 ping. We then have a double elimination tournament and whoever is eliminated dies IRL, and their stuff is used to pay for the whole thing.

Battle Smurf and Grimtide like this.
  9. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Cairn Giant
    Legend

This needs to be a thing

10. BusterBaldwin

BusterBaldwin Goblin Shaman

I wanted to like this 17 times.
    --- Post updated ---
    I havent played in ages, what's new? I here ftp is coming?

11. Leo Woods

Leo Woods Skeleton Archer

Game is already ftp. Population is good. Should get on it mate

12. Methodico

Methodico Windlord

Wipe is not possible because people have pay with real moneys for many things in their bank, after one month evething will be the same and I don't want to loose my bank for someone that want to reset it and don't want to grind animore and redo something that I do many times for many years. Don't kill this game anymore.

rats likes this.
  13. BusterBaldwin

BusterBaldwin Goblin Shaman

I downloaded the launcher last night. The one I had doesn't work anymore. I may check it out tonight. I'm sure my account is there somewhere still.

14. Leo Woods

Leo Woods Skeleton Archer

Good stuff. Long as you have the latest launcher. Yeah, if you haven’t played for a while there is a good chance your character will be missing (basically fell into cache I believe) so you will need to message @Neilk or @Bound on Discord to get your char restored.

BusterBaldwin likes this.
  15. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

While I do want a wipe I also don't think it really matters. The rich will always be rich and the poor will always be poor. If you're lazy, that won't change just because there is a wipe. People who aren't playing right now and want a wipe are just being lazy because if they farmed for a few weeks their bank would be overflowing in shit (which your bank doesn't need to even be at that point to compete). I just want a wipe because I personally have ran out of things to do and there are a lot less people out in the world because a decent amount of people are sitting in the same boat I am. Either way though I don't really care.

Nugsbunny and Korag like this.
  16. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Winterbound
    Supporter

That's not true, when the server launches every single person will be at an even footing. Shortly of course this will change.

That fresh start, everyone being equal, is what people are hopeful will bring back a healthy population. Even if it's just an equal footing for a short period, if it gets more people playing it's worth it.

17. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

The only way a wipe would ever work if there was loads of content released + loot balance changes to make it worth doing, if not you are just fucking people over.

CaptainAmerica and Fengor like this.
  18. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

not if a month or 2 in they turn around and quit again cause they are back in the same spot they started in.
    It is like digging a hole then filling it in over n over again. Nothing changes in the end

rats and Johhny Mad Dog like this.
  19. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

More people will quit over it in my opinion even though I'd personally think it's fine. People who wont spend 1 or 2 weeks to be on equal footing wont be on equal footing 1 week after a relaunch. It's very simple. People who are rich stay rich because they actually try while poor stays poor because they don't a wipe wont change that. Yes your equal for a week, but then you'll be back to being poor compared to everyone if being behind is the reason people won't play then they won't ever play because they will always be behind due to being lazy.

20. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Winterbound
    Supporter

So many people quit the first month of RoA launch because of all the bugs and crap. To bring back the majority of them, it will require a wipe and content, a.k.a wipe when Embers expansion is launched, or fresh start server. They pretty much have to try something drastic at this point as what they are doing is not working, so it's either wipe and hope for the best or keep doing what they are doing and slowly die.

Basically this is pointless to discuss though, as BPG said TCS stage 1 features would be out shortly and it's been months. If they don't even have those features out yet, it will be years before Embers expansion is finished, if it ever is. Without the expansion this game has zero chance, wipe or no wipe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.