Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Question !! Would current ROA players support a full wipe?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leo Woods, Dec 28, 2018.

?

Full wipe?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Euchre

Euchre Goblin Warlord
    Patron Hero

In this day and age, if they quit because of minor issues at launch, they weren't staying anyway. Every game launch has issues.

A wipe permanently kills this game, like it did with other iterations before.

Only thing WORSE than a wipe, would be announcing a wipe.

2. Sorrow Avaritia

Sorrow Avaritia Obsidian Golem
    Hero

It wasn't a minor issue at launch, there was terrible server lag for a lot of people, for me personally I didn't pvp hardly at all at launch because I was getting crazy server lag, there was some who got very little though. Also you have to remember its not like its a new game, DF1 didn't have the issue it was something they added that did it.

3. Euchre

Euchre Goblin Warlord
    Patron Hero

Not sure it matters. If they wanted to play this, they would have came back.

I don't see a ton of people beating up the forums claiming they would return if it was wiped, all I see are a small percentage of current players who think that they will somehow be relevant if the server gets wiped.

So many people would quit, the game would die and it wouldn't matter.

rats and Johhny Mad Dog like this.
  4. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I am mostly ok with it either way I just have serious doubts that it will make a difference beyond a couple of months. Unless they do some serious content additions and bug fixes then maybe, but we still gonna run into people falling behind and becoming discouraged. Putting any sort of gated leveling behind a calendar is a horrible idea in my opinion and would turn me off and I am sure many others totally.
    --- Post updated ---
    I lost in my guild alone at least a dozen (out of 20 to 30 people) just because of the crashes that wiped out progress. So many people lost hours of play time and leveling as well as mats, gold, regs building materials. That alone likely killed 30 to 50% of the population
    --- Post updated ---
    need an email poll done sent out to all of the old players asking if they would commit to a return to ROA with an expansion and a wipe.
    ( Play test the shit out of this before a relaunch though or well have some of the same issues as launch did)

Needs a lot of transparency on the email polls however cause people here getting real bitchy about results.
    Either way getting in touch with former players would be a pretty important step and they could maybe get some kind of an idea by doing an email poll

5. Euchre

Euchre Goblin Warlord
    Patron Hero

Problem is, the second you tell people a wipe is likely, all current activity stops, people lose interest and don't come back.

This has happened before...

rats likes this.
  6. Sero

Sero Evil Eye
    Loyal Legend

How about we start thinking practical.

Holding wipe, and only a holding wipe to give all clans an equal footing on Embers of War launch?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    rats, Johhny Mad Dog, Fengor and 2 others like this.
  7. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

I believe a holdings bank wipe.

Keep toons and Houses.

But I’d actually prefer seasons more than just a single wipe

8. Yomi Scythetalon

Contributor Streamer Legend

SEASONS SEASONS SEASONS I WANT SO BAD. Or an arena.

aparks likes this.
  9. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Infernal

My buddy has 11million gold. Think he'd quit after a wipe?

10. Yomi Scythetalon

Contributor Streamer Legend

na jar would just pve it back up in no time

11. Sero

Sero Evil Eye
    Loyal Legend

Would he quit if all holdings went unowned for Embers launch?

12. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

People have built wonders. Making those go unowned and wasting time making them is also dumb. You either full wipe or don't. Partial wipes are just directed wipes that only target some people while others don't care.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  13. Sero

Sero Evil Eye
    Loyal Legend

Siege em back.

14. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

Dumb. I'll leave it at that since you haven't built 2 wonders let's alone 1.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  15. Sero

Sero Evil Eye
    Loyal Legend

Q.Q

Myater likes this.
  16. Niburu

Niburu Skeleton Archer

A Wipe is useless as possible new players will be behind anyways. Holding wipe is also useless, because the same clans will take holdings again. just abit of ownership will change.

17. Dingbat

Dingbat Skeleton Archer
    Benefactor Hero

Partial wipe is pointless. I'd be open to the idea of a full wipe but i'm not invested as others and that would be a real slap in the face to long term supporters. In the end I don't believe there is a fair middle ground and it's best to offer incentives to new players.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  18. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Cairn Giant
    Legend

This is so inaccurate it hurts

You really don't understand the primary purposes of a wipe (and what MUST be done in addition to it for the wipe to actually WORK)

We all agree just wiping WITHOUT fixing the fundamental issues before relaunching would ONLY make things better for about 3 months tops and then we'd be in a similar (if slightly better) situation than we are now.

No one's saying to just empty the water out of the sinking ship and NOT repair the gaping hole in the bottom before putting it back in the Ocean

And yes BPG publicly talking about a wipe months in advance would only hurt the current game activity and a wipe isn't fair to the relatively few people who put a shit ton of time in, but there is no perfect solution here that doesn't hurt SOMEONE.

THAT'S WHY YOU HAVE TO GET THE ECONOMY AND PROGRESSION RIGHT BEFORE LAUNCHING A SANDBOX MMORPG!

By all means if anyone has a better solution that doesn't require a wipe as part of it, speak up.

19. AbyssWalker

AbyssWalker Air Elemental
    Supporter

are you serious talking about 3rd wipe?are you more stupid than tasos or what

rats, Fengor, Sero and 1 other person like this.
  20. Geezy

Geezy Dire Zombie
    Loyal Supporter

This is from Donny. His thoughts on the matter.

Even If any real economic problems actually got fixed, the increase player base / activity would help flush out what players who played the game before hand would have in their banks. The best thing you can do for the ppl that actually play the game is to let them keep what they earned, even if somehow some kind of economic perfection were implemented. (Which I mean, u can farm mobs at night with little to no resistance, equating to some ppl easily getting much more than what most ppl would get during the time most ppl are on... If game had real issue's solved, you'd be getting the pvp at mob spawns u wanted either way.)

The wipe calls is just a gimmick to literally try to trick ppl into a game that needs more content and QoL changes to actually retain a real population. The issue is that the game has alot of work that needs to be done in relation to NPE, retention, and optimization. Even if somehow they could relaunch the game in a perfected state, they might aswell not betray the ppl that actually play the game over the reoccurring desperate calls to try to wipe from ppl that do not and will not just play the game. Things will flush out over time and generally its so easy to farm up mats that if someone with alot tries to conserve, they will be reaching a point where if they farmed instead of conserved, they'd start to have a similar stack to what they kept hoarding... Its not hard to get a decent bank and I'm sure in some perfect economy it wouldn't be hard either...

Honestly, if I were to give a time period where a wipe would make the game "better", I wouldn't give it more than a week, maybe 2.. even if they fell for the periodic mindless spam and wiped characters aswell. The population would lose alot more ppl than it would gain over all and it'd risk losing more loyal players over feckless ones. This kind of thinking would justify a wipe every month or so especially when u realize that the main excuse is that the fresh start alone is suppose to be good enough to do so.

Better solution, fixing the fundamental issues without a wipe since the economy will flush out the old when the pop and activity goes back up. Actual players don't deserve to lose what they earned playing the game when you wouldn't. Don't think anyone is buying the whole we'd come back if u wipe bs either. Most ppl that aren't playing now are not playing because of other reasons and wont come back if you would just wipe their banks.

#120 Geezy, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    rats, Billy Lee, Fengor and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.