Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Question !! Would current ROA players support a full wipe?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leo Woods, Dec 28, 2018.

?

Full wipe?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Infernal

amen, brutha. wipe is dumb idea. and a holding wipe would cause severe chaos. we just need additional content and upgraded npe, advertising, and perhaps a steam release. more unholy wars type stuff will be added, such as mount skins, dyes, new mats, perhaps couple new armor pieces, new ways to cause old players to hoard new stuff, and new players to settle in with help from old players

2. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Crypt Guard

Too many full dragon destroyers to come back.
    Anyway it still takes too long to make a ready bag. Until that change, it will never be casual friendly and you can forget an healthy population. How's that still not being understood is a mistery to me.

Slayven likes this.
  3. Sero

Sero Evil Eye
    Loyal Legend

Lol this is silly logic.

First it's not hard to make a ready bag, especially with the market.
    Second, both clans in our alliance have worked together to make NUMEROUS ready to go bags for clan consumption. I believe defiance does this as well.

You need to learn to think outside the box bucko.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Johhny Mad Dog likes this.
  4. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

your just one of the type that isn't happy unless someone is doing shit for you.
    the world and nothing in it was designed or destined to coddle you and do your every bidding do to being to lazy to make any efforts for yourself.

Cmon man shit is not hard unless you make it so.

5. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Fire Elemental
    Supporter

I think his type might be 99% of MMO players. We can either pretend that there is something wrong with people who don't like how the game is now, or admit that there is something wrong with how the game is now.

MMO players are not going to change for Darkfall, Darkfall needs to change for them.

6. Sero

Sero Evil Eye
    Loyal Legend

No, it really doesn't actually.

Darkfall is around today because it's not like other MMORPGs. More RPGesque features can be added, more MMO features, but this guy is complaining about playing the fucking game. Like... please.

7. WithoutShame

Supporter

You consider putting together a gear bag part of the game? It's tedious, and gear templates need to be part of the game. Gear templates were actually mentioned by BPG on the roadmap a year ago, but are still yet to appear, just like the mystical TCS features.

MaxiHori likes this.
  8. Sero

Sero Evil Eye
    Loyal Legend

Farming for gear, or the actual act of putting together the bags when you've acquired everything?

Either way: L-OH-L. Literally a non issue. That's QoL, not gamebreaking by any means.

This guy isn't logging in because he can't click a little bit? Please.

9. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

not sure bout 99%. I mean making it so a game has to cater to a player 100% to me is just insane.

10. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Crypt Guard

Exactly, I like the game, but the idea of craft 10 items for a set then use an excel table for enchanting it's enough to keep me out. Sorry but if I have an hour to play, I want to do an hour of pvp, I'm no kid, I don't have the entire day to waste, and even if I had it I wouldn't spend it on tedius tasks.
    and I am already in legion, those ready bags in the clan bank are crap, that's why you don't use them.

Either way I'm just telling you why I don't play, to me it's enough that leaderboards doesn't show any village to teleport to log out, but if you think that a couple of random guys can provide enough content to compete with other mmorpgs you are out of touch just like they are.

11. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Sounds to me like MMO's in general are just too much for you.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  12. Niburu

Niburu Skeleton Archer

Well, if you live in a perfect world your argument makes sense. How realistic is it however. How many hours will it take? If they revamp all the Darkfall problems i would ofc support a relaunch.

13. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Cairn Giant
    Legend

Fixing the most important foundational flaws before a relaunch really wouldn't be that hard or time consuming if you had someone that knew how to do it and that actually had a plan laid out.

I could probably come up with proper mob drops, skins, spawn locations and timers/links, villages, sea towers, and trade route drop foundation for a MUCH better economy in spreadsheet format in a week if I was motivated.

Then it's just a matter of mostly implementing XML, changes which is NOT hard and BPG has proven they can do quite quickly.

Aside from that I'd add a gear sink on gank (be it player or high end monster) (again not hard its a simple value edit). Start with say a 33-50% chance an item is fully destroyed (can lower it later post launch if need be) and anything not totally destroyed takes zero durability damage.

Deaths (not ganks) do a 5% durability damage. The reasoning for this is to allow the losing side of a fight to at least inflict some damage on the victors and to lessen the gap between the haves and have nots and lower inflation.

Then make gear lose effectiveness after a certain durability point to prevent scroaching.
    For example you craft a Justice Bringer greatsword and it has 100 durability BASE with low level crafting/trueforge ect type akills that can increase it all the way to 150 durability at max skill crafting and once the Sword reaches 90% durability it starts to decrease in damage slowly down to a certain point.

Then Implement an NPC item repair system that takes mainly gold (gold sink) and a little bit of raw materials to fully repair an item but at the cost of 10% lower max durability each time

The idea this new system the idea would be to increase item progression and decrease early game power gaps by

1. Removing ALL fully formed items from mobs (we can discuss adding very rare special weapons/jewelry and stuff to ONLY the highest tier monsters/champions post launch)

You want to promote the economy by having crafters actually be able to trade/sell rank 10-30 stuff for a while

In addition you would hardcap crafting via time gating it for example for the first 3 days you can only make rank 10 gear, after 7 you can make rank 20, after 14 you can make rank 30 ect

The idea is to SLOW progression down to keep players having things to do and fighting while BPG works on the post launch patch

In addition to this i think we should have time gated character progression soft or hard caps to keep the playing field more even. For example it doesn't take that long to get your greatsword skill to 25 BUT you can't go any further until the 4th day of launch raises the cap to 35 (arbitrary numbers but you get the idea)

Again the idea is to keep the early game playing field as fair as possible for new comers and casuals and not rape them out so hard/early.

This alao has the byproduct of making the world feel more alive rather than people sitting in out of the way places grinding to max Then showing up at noobie spawns and dunking everyone. If you can only get your character so far advanced you'll then go out and PvP more or fight over value spawns rather than grind spots.

Darkfall NEEDS SOME character progression (and LONG TERM item progression) the way things are now is not ideal to attract MMORPG players

Most of this stuff is NOT hard to do and it's not that much work. ONLY SOME of it is required for day 1 the rest can come in a follow-up patch if they really need to launch it sooner.

The ONLY thing we lack is @Andrew @kilrain and the rest of BPG to get on board and implement it. I'll personally volunteer to layout the entire economy on paper for them, explain the reasoning to the community, and help market the game to people outside the community.

From my perspective things with this game are a total mess and BPG is amateur at best, but who knows maybe they'll solve things in their Expansion.

To me it still seems like no one at BPG even knows what type of game they want RoA to be let alone who their target audience is.

If they actually came out and explained that and basically said Sandbox PvP MMORPG people (EvE type players who also want good fps/tps combat) like me are no longer the target audience I'd accept it and move on.

But RoA doesn't really satisfy players of ANY genre right now.

Especially not the typical mmorpg PVP Sandbox/ survival players, which are who I think should be the target audience.

14. Sero

Sero Evil Eye
    Loyal Legend

What? So even when the bag is provided for you, YOU STILL dont want to login? So you're crying about nothing?

If you think Darkfall is going to compete with casual dad gamer games like WoW, or if you think it even should, you're the one thats out of touch. It's always been a niche game, it will continue to be a niche game, and should NEVER look to appeal to the masses of people who don't even have time to play video games.

You got the player store for your pseudo pay2win, the market, a clan to duel with. You have plenty of opportunity to get some fun out of the game.

#134 Sero, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  15. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Crypt Guard

Clan ready bags are incomplete and crap and how "niche" you want this game to be? at the moment 100 players and only if it's free, so it's pretty niche.
    Compare it with private shards where older games with less budget and no source code still manage to get 100 times the population that we have and you will realize how much of a failure this is.

There is no reason for further discussion btw, I'm a casual player that loves pvp, I like the pvp part but I find the making bag part / find pvp tedius, therefore I don't play until that part is fixed. It's easy as that, yeah I could hire a chinese that farm and prepare bags for me but I won't, I rather play kingdom come deliverance or r6 siege.

Methodico likes this.
  16. Sero

Sero Evil Eye
    Loyal Legend

IDK about legions, but Blackwaters bags have everything in them down to the last enchant. Standard Q3 FP zerg to win/farm bag.

17. WithoutShame

Supporter

Not wiping downsides: Everyone has everything, little need to farm. New players join the game, don't see any other players anywhere so game feels dead and most leave.

Wiping downsides: Pisses off people who have amassed large banks. Can start the narrative of why even bother playing if your shit is going to just end up getting deleted.

Starting up a seasonal server to coincide with the launch of Embers expansion downsides: ?

18. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Splitting up the population yet again when it is already in the toilet.

Fengor likes this.
  19. CorporationAgenda

CorporationAgenda Goblin Warrior
    Supporter

20. rats

rats Goblin Scout

A wipe is a terrible idea I hope BPG isn't so stupid they think that would help the game. The same people that don't play now won't be playing 2 months after a wipe at most.

Korag likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.