Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Questioning this ban

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Infection, Aug 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Funky zeit

Funky zeit Spellgazer
    Tester

You guys have a bad habit of just banning people without giving them their first warning that you outline. Probably the work of ibis, you're gonna get another stern talking to ibis, aren't you tired of it yet? Shape up or ship out loser.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    onslaught, Kol Taggar and propain like this.
  2. Zeb

Zeb Infernal
    Wealthy Hero

with the intention to excessively grief or kill a player will be treated as an exploit.

How many times was the player in question killed?

3. LegionXIX

LegionXIX Dire Zombie

He was killed 1 time..

4. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

How did you do it?

5. Funky zeit

Funky zeit Spellgazer
    Tester

it doesn't matter how he did it. The problem here is new players should not have to dig through the forums to find out what the rules are, on top of that, gms should not be banning people for their first offense especially something as petty and simple as moving people out of an npc city. How about a welcome screen on login that outlines a few rules or details where the rules can be found? How about adhering to the consequences for violating the code of conduct if an offense occurs? The same thing happened to me and it leaves a bad taste in the mouth regarding gms. Do something about it.

Hook, propain, Johhny Mad Dog and 2 others like this.
  6. Sorrow Avaritia

Sorrow Avaritia Obsidian Golem
    Hero

I still don't understand why killing some1 that is in an NPC city either by pulling them out or by nuking them down inside the city is even considered a bad thing let alone ban worthy / something to complain about, the game was designed to not be safe anywhere, if you don't want to die with gear on put it in the bank b4 u go afk. If you don't have time log off or don't complain its your fault you are logged in the game.

7. Pot Head

Pot Head Goblin Scout
    Hero

GM knows a warning was justifiable for this specific case. He woke u
    Saw the guy afk and they used begone and come hither to pull him outside and killed him and took his gear. They made a mistake and thought it would be funny and it was wrong. They just want a waning so we can play tonight and this weeked. We all just came back and alot of stuff has changed. We did not see the forum post of the code of conduct until now and was not aware of why the guard towers were not attacking us. We all have played for a long time and are used to towers hitting us.

8. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

Then I'm led to believe it was the exploit of the skills that probably initiated the ban. I'm not a part of it and I'm only consulting for better understanding of the situation, but that's probably what did it. Most skills no longer work with hit protection enabled and the ones that were still "broken" were lest triggering the guard towers. If the skills were used in a fashion that did not trigger the guard towers then that is what is considered the exploit. We will work to fix these issues with those spells, however.

Also a part of my understanding is that at least one of them is not new and knew fully well the rules for it.

9. Funky zeit

Funky zeit Spellgazer
    Tester

dude, none of that matters. first offense= warning. Those are your rules. Enforce them.

Infection likes this.
  10. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

The warnings are there as a safety net in case someone doesn't know the rule, a courtesy if you will. While I agree that warnings need to be given where appropriate there is also the judgement call from the player. Is this an exploit of a broken mechanic? If yes, then it's a pretty safe bet its not allowed. When a GM makes the call if a warning should be given its the same situation.

11. Sorrow Avaritia

Sorrow Avaritia Obsidian Golem
    Hero

How is a player who doesn't come on the forums much if at all suppose to know what is allowed or not, if they are new how are they suppose to know, they might be returning and didn't read patch notes. If you are able knock / pull som1 out of a city for free gear why would you not? Unless you specifically know its against the rules or an exploitation of game mechanics, lets be honest here if you didn't know either way and you tried to knock som1 out of a city and it worked just fine ( aka using the spell for its intended purpose, knocking / pulling some1 around like it says on the description) you would presume it is allowed without any outside input.

For things like this its broken / changed game mechanics that are at fault and not the player and they need to be warned b4 banned.

Hell its crazy some of the things you consider exploiting. None of these should be considered exploits: knocking people outside of a city using spells or warhulks to move them, standing in a spot a mob cannot hit you (not inside of terrain, I mean on top of a rock / house or inside a house that kinda thing). To name a couple

12. Pot Head

Pot Head Goblin Scout
    Hero

I agree. Please give warning and unban. You can cannot assume they have seen the forums even if they are new or not. How could we not know that NPC cities are still protected or if they are free game without testing it? Towers are protection. If they tower didnt attack you have to assume we think its fair game.

13. Zeb

Zeb Infernal
    Wealthy Hero

The code of conduct states its situational.. and in this situation the killing of player 1 time is not excessive.. the 3 day ban of the individuals involved was excessive.. its actually pretty clearly GM Favoritism when players are treated differently on a case to case basis for the same thing.

Infection likes this.
  14. Funky zeit

Funky zeit Spellgazer
    Tester

wow. 3 days? you guys need to unban them. or ya know, turn away more players when we actually need them, that's cool too. seems to me the gms are a bit upset there aren't enough people to punish so they went a little too hard with the hammer.

Infection likes this.
  15. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Cairn Giant
    Legend Streamer Contributor

This thread is amazing. Best content in a year.

Slayven likes this.
  16. JasperHawkins

JasperHawkins Winterbound
    Legend

I think most of us can probably agree that OP should have been talked to and given a warning first as long as it was his first offense and should be unbanned but also should have handled it a little better when he came to the forums.

/thread

17. Asylum

Asylum Goblin Warlord

yeah my ban cant really be lifted because i was warned once :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.