Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Quitting. Here's why.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zeiken, Jun 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeiken

Zeiken Undead Dwarf

The amount of time it takes to get a gear bag together being a destro is stupid retarded. Gotta level up bowyer to 25 to make fine arrows. Gotta travel to sanguine to buy a plate/scale set (and be low tier/barely viable destro tier) and wait till someone even wants to craft/sell the shit. Find someone to enchant your shit with q2/3 stam eff & feather. Find someone selling r60 GS/Bow. Find a way to keen those. Find someone selling Arcane jewelry. Find someone to enchant with slash/fire. Wait. Proceed to wait some more. Grind for paparus. Grind for essences. Grind for gold/rare ore(terrible drop rate due to nerf) Grind some more. Repeat. Capital recall to sanguine if you are lucky enough to be human if not travel to sang for a trade. Spam trade chat looking for a plate set cause you just got zerged by 2-3+ at a mob spawn at 25% health. Repeat. Try to shake it off. Grind some more. log off from boredom. uninstall. Yeah join a clan, yeah do this do that, if you don't see new players NOT doing all of this in a PVP FOCUSED game then lol rip shit died twice, going on a third. peace.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #1 Zeiken, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    ChronoHood, Uzik, merkmerk73 and 20 others like this.
  2. DarkGhost25

DarkGhost25 Black Knight
    Contributor Hero

I feel you, man, it's not easy being destroyer. Take a deep breath, and listen to this, in the next patch or two there is likely going to be player vendors added that can be placed in NPC cities. That will cut your work down a LOT. You can also farm some of the gear you need from monsters, I'm talking about r50/r60 weapons, full plate chests, arcane jewelry, etc. As a destroyer you don't need a ton of magic to be viable, just get your transfers, witches brew, confusion, begone, and sacrifice to 75 and you'll be fine, you can fill in the little voids later on, they're low priority. You can also work out a deal with Rawr Lotd to make your gear bags for you, you get the gold, he hooks you up (right?). As for rare ores, just buy them, they're not that expensive if you're willing to melt your stuff down into gold.

3. Zeiken

Zeiken Undead Dwarf

I appreciate your advice, but I already have everything destro related at 75 including stats :p it's the fact of all the time wasted trying to put together a viable destro set, traveling etc.

Sero and DarkGhost25 like this.
  4. saouled

saouled Goblin Shaman

I know man it's a pain still, you grind more than you pvp so ye, a bit frustrated at first. Tell yourself that you don't have to wear the best gear unless for siege. You can go out with decent stuff like plate and r50 its still okay for random farm besides siege

Damaja, Sero and Zeiken like this.
  5. DarkGhost25

DarkGhost25 Black Knight
    Contributor Hero

Gotcha. What if you farmed hard for a while, hide in decent farming spots (not high profile), take a little time and sell it all in trade, then buy what you need in bulk? Tip the crafters a few thousand gold, get them to make you a lot of stuff at once. Once you're stocked up like that you'll be good to go for a while.

Sero, Wes Furtive and Zeiken like this.
  6. Chuck Zitto

Chuck Zitto Gravelord
    Legend

Yup grinding is always a debate. I any many others played uo for years where u could farm mobs for an hour or two and buy enough potion kegs regs and leather armor to fight pretty non stop losing bags pretty often for a week or two. Yet alot of people cry if it was that easy in df it would be an arena game blah blah.

Synik, ChronoHood, Slayven and 3 others like this.
  7. leperface

leperface New Member

Yeah, it's so much easier to get a solid mage bag.

Bye.

Rorschach, SomeBK and Sero like this.
  8. Zeiken

Zeiken Undead Dwarf

Exactly what i have been doing, except you have to spam in trade for hours until you find someone selling what you want (as a destro). Regs/mage shit sells instantly. I refuse to go on the mindless mage 300k+ gold mage grind lol
    --- Post updated ---
    right you are. bye

Sero likes this.
  9. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

I bought 25 sets of plate and 25 r50 weapons recently, 2 trades. Just gotta buy bulk

Sameog, Scrapnotcrap, Ogrinn and 2 others like this.
  10. clandestino2a

clandestino2a Skeleton Archer

trading is a problem right now but player vendors gonna fix this problem, lets hope they coming soon.

Zeiken likes this.
  11. Shredz

Shredz Dire Zombie

i hate seeing ppl leave. damn. i think travlin will get better n player vendors will help lots. try to stay bro

Rock, Mea Kulpa and Zeiken like this.
  12. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

What wes said, buy bulk. Dont spend time putting together 1 bag when u can put together 20 for a bit longer. If you need plate sets/scale fillers just pm me in game, i have 100 trueforge and i dont mind taking the time to make you sets for mats if it means keeping a player. PM me in game on "Super Star"

Rock, Killa162, Crunchbert and 4 others like this.
  13. Kantor

Kantor Black Knight
    Prosperous Legend Contributor

Same they need to fix the retarded alignment.

Scrapnotcrap, Forgotten and Zeiken like this.
  14. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Infernal
    Supporter

"Zerged" by 2-3 people? So you are playing an open world sandbox game, where there are 0 in game limits to how many people can work together, and you think you got "zerged" by 2 to 3 people?

Apparently you aren't in a clan? Darkfall is absolutely insanely hard to play solo if you are not in a clan. Vets who have played forever can handle it, but it is still going to be harder for even them.

I think that work needs to be done to balance destro gear bags compared to mage, but even if they were balanced you would still be having the same issue. This is a team based, clan based game. If you are playing solo, you are going to get ganked repeatedly and there will be almost nothing you can do about it. The game would have to be changed at a fundamental level to ever make that any different.

Byzantinian and Kwatos like this.
  15. Lexendros

Lexendros Infernal
    Legend

Join a large guild. Most problems solved.

This is not a solo-player-friendly game... even if you're a seasoned vet.

However even with all that in mind... nothing is going to fix your toxic victimized mindset.

Laters.

16. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

having a little self sufficiency and joing a clan goes a looooooong way

17. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

You're doing it wrong

Byzantinian, Myater, Ansem and 2 others like this.
  18. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

ppl cried about the char progression grind so that was basically removed. now ppl start crying about the gear grind cos they dont wanna farm. lets remove that aswell so ppl can cry about gear beeing worthless and the world beeing empty cos no1 needs to farm anything again.

makes perfect sense.

19. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

I think a main concern is not just the grind. But also donating that gearbag to elite papers once you finally build it

Let's look at eve online for example. A weaker group of players could set a trap for stronger players and kill them. They could do this because of warp disrupters and bubbles which inhibited warping.

In darkfall warping is begone jumping. When a group of noobs tries to team up on a veteran the typical result is the veteran bunnyhopping away while doing /laugh.

So to borrow a concept from eve. Maybe a way to inhibit begone temporarily would be an interesting addition

20. Train of Pain

Train of Pain Infernal
    Legend Streamer Contributor

Read all of this and only thing I got out of it is.... "I have to work for everything and nothing is handed to me so.....I QUIT!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.