Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Quitting. Here's why.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zeiken, Jun 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karatos

Karatos Goblin Warrior

Yeah man, that's all I'm saying. I am not going to take r60 then go find Yeldnan or Arrow and try to fight them, that's just fucking stupid. I wont hesitate to give em r40 bags though, because that's the only way to get good, go find the best and die a lot.

but getting to the point to where I can make those bags and fight top tier and ask for duels and sacrifice bags, I gotta bring something to the fight to make it worth their while, otherwise they're going to smoke me in the wild and I will not get any of the learning in at the expense of gear.

then it makes the learning curve pointless.

Who the fuck wants to play this game and suck at it? Not me,

I Ric Flair PvP, to be the best, you gotta beat the best. the best wont even bother if I don't got a bag worth bringing.

if I'm a hybrid and it takes me months to have a variety of weapons to fight all the dudes on here and learn from 'em, I still gotta have the bags.

If I wanted to level out everything so I always have something to learn, that takes a long ass time; if I want a well rounded character and be able to be self sufficient, well then that's just pita in its current form.

Zeiken and Mighty Mouse like this.
  2. booyashakas

booyashakas New Member

Figured I'd sign up to put my opinion in. I'm new to the game but I just gave up recently and cancelled my sub. Was in a guild and had a few RL friends that played so I had some people to talk with a discuss options with, but the game is just too cumbersome to try and become effective/ready for pvp.

Been playing casually since launch, first tried mage, got a few magics up to ~75 but found it too annoying to farm for regs, med points and money. Usually just go out to try and farm cash or med points somewhere and die either on the way or after being at the spawn for 15-30 minutes. I simply have no chance at fighting or escaping anyone (given the population seems to be mostly vets). So I'm just walking money/crap gear bag that occassionally gets back with a few thousand gold to bank. Which I then have to spend on regs and make another attempt.

I switched up to destroy to see if making it a bit more simple to fight (not fumbling around the clunky interface as much trying to get spells of and whatnot) and it was definitely easier, safer, and more productive farming with buddies (no constant use of regs), but I still get killed if I run into ANYONE (because everyone will attack you regardless).

So just came to a point where.. why bother? It looks like pvp could be fun, but the lack of specialization looks kinda lame. Seems basically like end game is similar to an FPS twitchy style.. Except you gotta waste all this time farming and getting killed to get there. So why wouldnt I just play an FPS or moba or some shit thats fun instantly and has lots of different paths and playstyles to explore.

Also, to people saying you can be effective with low end gear... Well yeah, you can if you're good maybe. But for me to even really help or do damage in a fight I need a r50.. and where the fack am I gonna get all these r50s to keep losing to everyone?

I'm playing with a bunch of people who know what spawns to go to, how to fight, how to escape, how to make money. I'm relatively new, I dont know any of these things and it's quite difficult to learn when you keep dying every time you go somewhere new to try. So yeah, only so many times I'll get sent back to bindstone and go.. "Wtf, this fucking game" before I decide to actually go.. wait.. why am I playing this again?

3. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

I'm just saying that if you gave everyone who is complaining about the grind a max character they would find something else to whine about and blame their losses on

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Kalos likes this.
  4. Sacrillegious

Sacrillegious Fire Elemental
    Loyal Hero

5. booyashakas

booyashakas New Member

Forgot to mention any suggestions. I'd say add some more skills for archery and melee..

-Maybe some mobility skills you can use while wielding these weapons? A pull towards you or push away or dash or something ..or all of them?
    -Less damage? Something else to make it a bit easier on people learning to possibly escape/not die so quickly. Hard to learn how to fight/play when I die in a few seconds if someones on top of me.
    -r0-r40 seems almost useless in melee... maybe make it a bit easier to get a decent gearbag going that you can do some damage with without investing a silly amount of time in crafting or farming for gold. If I'm gonna die nearly every time I go out, I'm gonna need a lot of decent weapons/gear.

I dont mind the grind so much as I mind dying over and over again while trying to do it and feeling like I'm making very little progression. It would be nice if youre near full health and you get jumped or see a few people coming, you could escape easier. I mean.. for the people attacking, wouldn't it be more fun to fight someone who wants to fight you/thinks they can stand a chance? I guess it would be hard to balance with people using these escape methods to get out a fight theyre losing.. so maybe just make it easier to get away near full health and much harder at low health.. maybe could make it easier on newbies like myself?

Mighty Mouse likes this.
  6. Grimtrove

Grimtrove Skeleton Archer
    Hero

You have to go play with people who know how to play the game for a while before you become good at it.

Kind of like getting good at anything.

It's not everyone's cup of tea. You have to enjoy the stage of learning/being a peon, then being a squire, and maybe one day becoming a hero.

Furthermore, you can easily profit with an r40 weapon and a studded set. This is VERY low risk, as when you die you lose hardly anything. You only start gearing up when you're confident in your ability to defend yourself/get away. Better gear will help you win fights your otherwise would have lost.

7. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Akathar
    Legend

Exactly this person might of stayed to learn and play if he didnt have to work his face off to get the gear. Hes a new player and is explaining exactly what is fucking the experience for him. Working your ass off for gear and then losing it right away to vets or exp players. If he could get gear easier it wouldnt be so bad for him to lose it and he would probably stick with the game and keep trying. HOw many posts do you need to read to understand that the main problem in all these complaints is everything is so GRINDY and hard work. For very little reward of a 19 second pvp battle where you get zerged down and lose everything.
    --- Post updated ---
    --- Post updated ---
    again a fix... make it less of a consequence to die. Easier gathering of mats would fix this so losing a gear bag does not fuck your day up so much when you die.

Zeiken likes this.
  8. booyashakas

booyashakas New Member

I agree, I'm not saying I want to be able to beat veterans or stand a good chance against them when just learning the game. But it's hard to even learn, if someones on me, I die very quickly. It makes it hard to learn what to do. And yes, I can learn from other people, but when I have the time to play or when I want to play, I'm not always gonna have people around and people aren't always gonna wanna follow me around teaching me. I should be able to go off on my own sometimes and be at least capable of learning how to fight if I run into people. If I'm out running to a spawn and someone begones up to me that's better than me (everyone), that;s it, I'll die in a few moments. I lose at least 2k of stuff and have to try again. What did I learn? Nothing, I learned the game is hard to play and I just wasted 30 minutes getting a gear bag together and running somewhere.

EDIT: Another idea would be maybe let people loot you before they gank you. That way they can see what you have, that you're not a threat or a newbie and pick you back up and send you on your way. At least then the few people that do care if they kill newbies wouldnt just auto gank me because they're not sure what I have.

Mighty Mouse likes this.
  9. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Akathar
    Legend

again a fix... make it less
    Exactly again... hours of work for a gear bag to lose in a few seconds. The amount of people saying this should make people understand theres a problem. Lots of people see it. Don't get me wrong I love this game I just wish so badly that it wasnt like a second job most of the time. The gear grind drives me out of my skull and its what Im forced to do 80 percent of the time I have to play.

Beasty and Zeiken like this.
  10. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

im specifically replying to a guy talking about the grind to a max character, but im sure if we gave people full banks they would find something to complain about as well. not to mention it would be meaningless when you kill someone and they drop gear

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  11. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Akathar
    Legend

I dont think we need to hand out full banks. I just think mats should be increased by 3 times. That way I dont have to farm nodes for 1 hour... I can do it in 20 mins. I dont have to go to a spawn to get stuff for enchanting and spend 1 hour I can do that in 20 mins with increased skin rates. Everything that is work to do like killing mobs gathering resources for crafting can be reduced. Thus making me work for it yes... but not for hours and hours at a time to enjoy 5 mins of pvp. Don't take what im saying and make it super extreme like okay ya fuck you bud lets just give everyone max chars and full banks. Thats not what im saying man at all... Im just asking for a decrease in the shitty boring tasks like farming, mat gathering, and node spamming.

Take away the hard grindy work and add more reasons to pvp... It would make this game a 100 percent better to play and would increase your player base 10 fold. Guaranteed almost 90 percent of players who quit do so because of how fucken boring it is to farm mobs and grind up mats for crafting etc. It is a pvp arena that makes the game great. Centralize the devs on creating more content for this and the game will thrive.

12. Obeesho

Obeesho Frostjarl
    Prosperous Affluent Legend

The "loot before gank" idea is a good one that I and others have brought up many times.

Many a noob has been ganked "just in case" they have something really good on them.

Certainly at least some would have been rezzed if it could be seen that they had nothing worthwhile to take.

Mycke, Prodigy_Burn and Mighty Mouse like this.
  13. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Akathar
    Legend

This seems like a good idea. I never thought of this great thinking Obeesho

14. booyashakas

booyashakas New Member

Could also incorporate this into the alignment system. You get so much of a hit for knocking someone down, so much of a hit for looting, and so much of a hit for ganking. Would add even more reason for people to maybe help a newbie back up and leave him with his measly loot

15. Jonah_Veil

Jonah_Veil Chosen of Khamset
    Supporter Streamer

You should read the suggestion forum, I and countless others have suggested it.

It was shot down by ND shills saying "It will be used to grief"

Legit the dumbest counter point I've heard.

16. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

lol at the get married and have free time comment. I mean not in the first year or 2 at least. later on ya
    --- Post updated ---
    this week or 2 thing has been said, a week or 2 ago

17. Sacrillegious

Sacrillegious Fire Elemental
    Loyal Hero

this thread is a fucking joke

18. Grimtrove

Grimtrove Skeleton Archer
    Hero

I'd be happy to show you a few safe places to farm as a new player. And furthermore, I'd gladly stick around your areas and come kill people who mess with you.

19. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Akathar
    Legend

The joke is in your hand

Zeiken and SomeBK like this.
  20. booyashakas

booyashakas New Member

I appreciate the offer, could take you up on it if I change my mind before sub time goes lol

Grimtrove likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.