Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Quitting. Here's why.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zeiken, Jun 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ledwulf

Ledwulf Deadeye
    Supporter

He's doing it wrong by risking more than he can afford to lose.
    Why would anyone bring out r50 to farm mobs knowing he don't stand a chance in defending it.

#381 Ledwulf, Jul 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  2. davick

davick Goblin Warlord

Currently I just don't see that working in RoA. Yes you have the occasional person who would be nice and choose to rez but most people are assholes and would just kill. Why would they just kill?

Because they're not worried about alignment with global banking. Stick it in your bank and take it out somewhere safe on your alt.

3. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

lol yes they went red cause of global banking

4. Obeesho

Obeesho Frostjarl
    Affluent Legend

Would love to see the end of alignment.

As time goes by red and blue become completely meaningless as far as deciding whether to fight someone.

Like blue = good and red = bad? It doesn't even make sense on the surface.

I would hypothesize that in the absence of any alignment system there would be far more nuanced determining of friend or foe based on behavior and circumstance rather than a braindead "he's red!"

#384 Obeesho, Jul 2, 2017
  5. davick

davick Goblin Warlord

Just so typical a response from a "vet".

They went red because there is absolutely no consequence to it. Try to see how all the systems tie together in order to see why players make the decisions they do.

If the idea is to try and save noobs some headache because they "might" have something good on them, there has to be a reason to NOT gank them. Alignment is a worthless system for global banking. How hard is this to understand?

6. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Game was designed on racial wars, now it is designed on RED vs BLUE. So in your mind to be red should mean to be punished to everyone else it is a choice, you give up perks to be red, you do not punish players for playing a game the way they want to play, that is a Typical weak and afraid response. You make incentives to be blue and that is what BPG did/is doing.

#386 Korag, Jul 2, 2017
  7. Obeesho

Obeesho Frostjarl
    Affluent Legend

Global banking is a problem because you can go red and get loot and then pull it out of a safe bank with a alt??!!

I think I am about tapped out on the amount of idiocy I can expose myself to at one time.

Clearly a DnD shill forum warrior who isn't playing this game. (and let's face it, not gonna play that one either)

Korag likes this.
  8. davick

davick Goblin Warlord

You and Korag are literally too stupid to insult. You said "hey it'd be a great idea to look at someones loot before you gank them! This way noobs won't get ganked all the time".

You're right, it would be. There is one catch. Why would you NOT gank them when ANY disadvantage is surpassed because of global banking. When you got people like Korag and reds who kill, just because they can, you end up with the posts you have on the forums now of noobs complaining. I too, am tapped out on idiocy.

9. Obeesho

Obeesho Frostjarl
    Affluent Legend

Yeah you should be. You have to live with yourself 24/7. I am tapped out reading 3 of your posts.

10. davick

davick Goblin Warlord

Your rebuttal on how the system would work with current game design is fascinating and intriguing. Let's hear more!!

11. Obeesho

Obeesho Frostjarl
    Affluent Legend

Passive aggressive cuck.

I laid out my suggestion. You counter with a nonsensical statement about global banking being the problem because an alt can get the stuff out of a safe bank Nothing to rebut.

Korag likes this.
  12. davick

davick Goblin Warlord

Explain why other than out of the goodness of their heart a player would not gank a noob and take their loot when there is no consequence to alignment. I will concede that you have to spend an extra $10/month to get around it. I don't see that as a major deterrent but maybe it is.

When anyone suggests that maybe the game needs tweaking other than the status quo you guys freak out. Well guess what? The game HAS to change or it will die.

13. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

...dude

davick said it's bad design for there to be little to no disincentive to be red and global banking is a large factor in this

You responded with a sarcastic question and called him an idiot - an indirect and passive cuck response

Pot calling the kettle black

14. Obeesho

Obeesho Frostjarl
    Affluent Legend

Ok dummies. Refresher.

I have suggested in the last few posts

- have the ability to loot before ganking or rezzing.

- the elimination of alignment altogether.

Directly insulting someone is not passive aggressiveness. It's plain old fashioned direct aggression :p

Game has to change?? Sure it will. And I have made two suggestions on this page alone.

Will either actually happen? Who knows. Probably not.

Is saying that change has to happen a good argument for any one particular change? No it's not. It's the argument of dummies like you two.

15. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

Ok I stand corrected. Calling someone an idiot is not indirect. Your sarcasm was feminine and indirect.

Then - calling someone an idiot following your sarcastic response just makes you look like an idiot

I'm not commenting on this issue because I think it's too late to fix anything. I'm just commenting on the hypocrisy of you calling davick a cuck

16. booyashakas

booyashakas New Member

Sorry, that's not what I meant. I mean I feel I can only do any significant damage with an r50, I usually go out with an r10-r30 because that's all I can get. The rare times I had an r50 I saved it till some time I thought I might run into people and have a chance with a buddy there.

And in regards to why would anyone not gank if the option was there to check loot. Well, I'm pretty sure some people wouldn't auto gank, and every now and then someone not doing it would help towards making the world seem a little less difficult for new players.

17. Obeesho

Obeesho Frostjarl
    Affluent Legend

K buddy thanks for the analysis! You a therapist or something? That's cool.

Of course you are wrong because I haven't said a sarcastic word on this page.

But hey! You aren't participating in the exchange of ideas but you you have a close eye on the interpersonal dynamics! Not chick like at all!

(Ok that WAS sarcastic because of course it is chick like!)

18. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Calling me stupid while making assumptions, your laughable at best, I am not red I did go red a cpl times by mistake I however am not a giant leaking vagina and I do not care if people go red or if they need a reason to do so, I come from UW and not a theme park hand holding game where people were red and pvped and even then the stat loss wasn't a big deal cause it wasn't like this game it was so easy to get back in UO. You do not look at any other points that differ from yours yet you make assumptions and insults you sir are the problem not the solution.

19. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

Pointing out your hypocrisy is not chick-like bud. You responded to an argument with incredulity and sarcasm. You then called the person a cuck when he responded likewise.

You display strong evidence that you lack both critical thinking and systems thinking skills.

20. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Local banking in this game is a shit idea, it deters travel and exploration and It is not fun and majority of us do not want it and to say someone will go red because global banking is just reaching it make 0 sense

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.