Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

r90's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NonFactor, May 28, 2017.

1. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

simply drop some spells requirements (exploding, reflect etc to 90)

also, give 2% (idk) of magnitude bonus at 100% magic school level

Circa and Rimamok like this.
  2. merkmerk73

merkmerk73 Earth Elemental

I think it's good to use meditate on some skills to help hit break points

I used it to help push towards greatclub mastery

3. Wendigo

Wendigo Dire Zombie

They might be sitting in their towns roof jumping because they aren't enjoying the grinding...
    I don't mind it when I find something that's actually solo-farmable... but I'm not gonna pretend its the fun part of the game.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. DagothUr

DagothUr Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

then maybe this isnt the game for them, theyll have to gear farm anyway and its not like you arent doing that while lvling their chars.

5. fullmight

fullmight Goblin Warrior

What you don't want to do nothing but left click for 12 hours? puhleeeeese.

Navlaan and Kwatos like this.
  6. Bladra

Bladra Chosen of Khamset
    Tester Contributor

If they arent enjoying the grind then maybe they should sell crafted items and scroll their way up.

Like seriously you could probably no life a character to pvp/siege viable in a week atm

7. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Yup grind is basically farming a bank while you level up.

8. Friagrim

Friagrim Goblin Warrior

So you guys just want a test server where u can just set all your skills to max eh? You clearly don't want to play an MMO. The grind is so fucking easy now, do not expect anyone to take your whining seriously.

Fengor, Grimtide and MisterTea like this.
  9. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

thats the reason we will play a dead game in a few months.

the time to make something is now.

Circa likes this.
  10. Bans

Bans Goblin Scout

The grind ain't bad. I was group pvp ready in a weekend. I drive during the week, so can only play weekends. Granted, I play about 6 hours a day on the weekend, still managed to get 80int and 60-70 all other stats, wof, earth/fire/air/gsword mastery to about 50 each. It's not awful. Just always do something, and don't bankstare. It will ruin you. Also: if your already somewhat upset at leveling your character...don't use the forums. It's basically just the bankcampers/roofjumpers.

Fengor and Grimtide like this.
  11. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

Nailed it.

Fengor likes this.
  12. Copperfield

Copperfield Black Knight
    Legend

can any @bpg member respond to this topic?

@kilrain

Noobs are gonna be driven away when they reach the magic leveling speed

NonFactor likes this.
  13. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

except its not. Learn how to grind properly.
    --- Post updated ---
    YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP.

Hit a hamlet the other day expecting 2 or 3, like 8 fucking noobies bankstaring. Pathetic.

Everything is solo-farmable except for Devil/Demon/Fire Dragon

14. LegionXIX

LegionXIX Dire Zombie

Is this thread a complaint about how slow things are ? seriously why are people so dam eager to hit end game to stand around a fucking bank and complain there is nothing to do???

Fengor and Clarence Swamptown like this.
  15. Zaffa Hex

Zaffa Hex Skeleton Archer
    Legend

When players who harp on about this game being an mmo and thus requiring 'progression' actually slowly level their chars and savout that progression over months, enjoying playing their chars casually using inadequate skills I will take them seriosuly.

But the reality is that the 'progression' you all talk about is not enjoyed by anyone and is nothing more than a race to pvp level chars which everyone with any sense power levels through in two weeks. half the poeple that play this game dont even go out to pvp once before they have a decent character and pvp ready bank lol. All it does it create a more excitingly competative server start for some of us old hands and lleave a lasting barrier to entery for all later comers to the game. I thought we learned all this in 2009 tbh.

So why is that gtwo week grind even relevant. Please explain what sense of progression you and others get from that 2 week grind whihc you never look back on for the rest fo the game? If people go on to enjoy playing the gaem for years after those two weeks with zero further progression why is that first two weeks impotrtant?

PS - sounds like my chars better than yours and I started 9 days late. But that doesn't mean it was fun or it is ggood design.

#35 Zaffa Hex, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
    Everrest, Wendigo and Schnid like this.
  16. Veeshan

Veeshan Crypt Guard

I know we have a couple guy that log in relise they dont wanna grind for magics cause it takes 2 long and logs off.

17. Clarence Swamptown

Clarence Swamptown Black Knight
    Legend

It was. The difference now is that it is faster to get to 75 and slower from 75 to 100 than it used to be, but if I remember right it is about the same from 1-100.

That being said, I agree that 75-100 should be easier, specially for the schools since you need it to unlock spells.

Fengor likes this.
  18. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

thread is basically about noobs and population

yes, game is easy for vets. w'all can agree with that. we know how to do and how get gold for that.

but its painful for noobs.

the amount of time and effort to get two r90's is dumb, repetitive and boring. i dong wanna ppl quitting because that... and it will happen.

make meditation faster at least.. so these noobs can make tasks and get their shit ready for learn how to play.

for anyone out of vet crew the current system is outdated and boring.

u guys really think reckful or any other streamer will hit mobs 5000 times to get 100 at idk air school?

come on, be realistic.

19. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

The bigger issue IMO is the grind for every school. Lower the cooldowns of R90's to the same as the global cooldown so you don't need to cycle between two R90's that you have bound to the same key anyways. Same shit with Rays after you balance the rays. Just lower the cooldown of rays to 2 seconds with a GCD of 2 seconds and I think the game would be much better off.

20. Benevolence

Benevolence Akathar
    Supporter

dont grind for skills. try to go farm with the skills u wanna lvl and ignore the grinding part of it. it will happen on its own as u farm. U know the phrase "a watched pot never boils"? i noticed when im constantly checking my skill it feels like it goes slow. when i just pop some music on and rotate a couple spawns for the loot, suddenly i notice some decent gains when im done. Pick mobs or activities that can serve both purposes. there are a LOT of mobs that take less to kill in reg cost than what they drop. they might not be the most profitable, but if u can come out even or ideally ahead with spells its still worth it.

Tips:

-Undead dwarf mob line is good for melee. They have good health and their melee dmg isnt too high, so u can get a good amount of swings in per mob. Put on a scale set and u should be able to melee them fine if ur above 50 (which is really not hard to get to). they drop iron too which is nice and helps replenish ur armor when u get occasionally jumped and lose it.
    -dont be lazy and pick up papyrus when u see it. trust me. it will help u skill up
    -Try to save heavy scrolling/booking until after u have intensify/mastery. they lvl those as well (albeit slowly) so its more efficient to scroll after u get all those support skills to ur schools/weapons.
    -get important stuff to 50, then 75. dont try to go one by one to 75. u can get several important things to 50, and thus viable in the time to get 1 to 75, and thus almost max.
    -dont push past 75 until u have nothing better to do. Surging at 100 only adds a couple of dmg points over 75 and most of ur casts/skills will sit at 99.9 most of the time which is EXACTLY THE SAME as 75.
    -Icejarls on nif (and theres a spawn in elflands i think) are great fire magic fun. the gold they drop covers the regs used to kill them and gives a little profit too. kill them with fire and make money at the same time. abit annoying cuz they have ranged that knocks ya, but if u put some effort in u can learn their patterns and dodge most of it, or just find some terrain to use.
    -Giants with air magic. u can cover to gold cost of the mats np. also annoying, same as icejarls wityh the ranmged knock. try to use terrain and learn their animations to know when to dodge
    -Dungeons dailies give meditation. If possible, save gold for regs and try to keep ur med going thru those. there will be more sources added in over time as per BPG
    -everyone likes to say meditate stats and only stats till like 75. dont listen. Do some stat meditation, but feel free mix in some other shit to help u hit breakpoints. i did some meditating on greatsword to hit whirlwind, then some time later a bit more when i pushed for mastery. I meditated witchcraft a bit too to hit the brew. SC from 20-30 for sac. etc etc. dont be afraid to flex your meditation around to hit breakpoints when ur making pushes.
    -if ur a pvper/roamer bring tools when u city raid. about 1/4-1/3 of my str/vit came from hitting city nodes i raided.
    -If you are short on cash, archery is a very efficient way to farm enough to get some regs. on many mobs it does as much damage as spells, but is way cheaper per hit. this can let u stack up enough regs to go farm with spells.