Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Rank higher than New Dawn on Google

Discussion in 'Project Suggestions' started by KeithStone, Mar 15, 2016.

1. KeithStone

KeithStone Deadeye
    Supporter

As you can see here: http://i.imgur.com/xOqXdX9.png

When you search Darkfall on google, New Dawn is listed higher and it's because of this: http://darkfallnewdawn.com/game-mechanics/ and this http://darkfallnewdawn.com/new-dawn-in-a-nutshell/

They have more content on their website, we need to get a wiki up + more content about the game and we an easily rise above new dawn on Google!

ROA's forums have 1400 members and New Dawn's is at 470, there should be plenty of talent here that could help with getting more content on this website.

2. b1naryher0

b1naryher0 Goblin Warrior

Googles ranking algorithm is much more complex than this.
    I'm positive RoAs homepage gets more traffic than DND, but DND might have a higher scoring webhost (their is online.net afaik).

3. Clarence Swamptown

Clarence Swamptown Black Knight
    Legend

Google algorithm ranks websites that are linked more often and by better sources ahead of others. You want RoA ahead, make sure people are talking about it and linking it on their popular websites and blogs.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Fengor likes this.
  4. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

You can also pay google a fee to be higher up on the list than other similar sites using certain key words ;p

5. KeithStone

KeithStone Deadeye
    Supporter

Linkbacks are no longer a major deciding factor when ranking high, you need lot's of quality content, pages with 1500 - 2500 words of text and other various factors. I'm not saying linkbacks do not matter, because they do, however there's a lot more to it now than there used to be.
    --- Post updated ---
    You can pay for advertising, which is done in a bidding style setting with Google Adwords. You can't just pay a lump sum to get listed higher, and it's rather expensive paying per click to your website.

PENETRATOR likes this.
  6. Avenging Martyr

Avenging Martyr Celestial
    Legend

This makes total sense. The RPers are dreaming about every fantasy change they can imagine and discussion it all down to the details before they know what they can change and how long it would take. I'm sure there are alot of high traffic RP websites keeping a eye on it as well. Maybe even discussing it and linking which all helps get them on top.

Where BPG/ROA is not promising the moon or discussing wild ideas into the fine details. They are checking out what they can do and focusing on the smaller changes that effect quality of life for thier entire playerbase and not wasting time in fantasy land chasing unicorns. Our discussions may be shorter but with so many people with experiance playing DFO and in coding the discussions get to the meat of the matter quicker.

Except for our usual forumfall playground antics of name calling back and forth like it matters or anyone actually cares. Who cares if google links the RPers first. Enough people in both communities mention the other group/game a person would have to be lobotomized to not realize there is another game out there that is using the same source code to a different end goal.

Though I agree with the idea that more detailed information should be easier to find for the casuals or lazy people who refuse to use the search function. A wiki would be good for all though a section about Rise of Agon with various info about overall goals and the differences between them RoA and New Dawn would be great for those just starting to learn about the glory of darkfall.

7. Clarence Swamptown

Clarence Swamptown Black Knight
    Legend

Ofc, but even if you had 1 million words on your page, if your page isn't popular it's not gonna show up. Both are important, I was not disagreeing with you, adding more content on the website would definitely help for both ranking up the page on google AND specially for keeping the potential players interested. It would make the website looks more professional, and might make some people come back many times to it to get informations. But like I said, they need to also get other people to talk about it and link it. It will have the double effect of helping making it rank higher and also bring the people who read other websites to use the link and visit the page.

I know the team have a lot of things to do, but if they could get someone working in parallel to create information pages with the current working DFO systems, items, resources, crafting, mechanics, videos, etc on top of the new stuff they are implementing, it would definitely help.

8. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

One of the issues with us ranking lower than we should is that we changed our domain name recently from riseofagon.com to darkfallriseofagon.com one of the reasons we did this was for SEO. Darkfall was not in our url so we were ranking lower than we should. We have taking a few steps to make ourselves rank higher and we have been moving up the past few weeks.

9. Postman Pat

Postman Pat Akathar

hey neil

good job

Neilk likes this.
  10. Hugo

Hugo Gravelord

We're making steady progress in our rankings on a range of keywords. It shouldn't be overlooked how well we've climbed with more genre specific keywords either!

11. RagnarokDel

RagnarokDel Frostjarl
    Hero

motherdick! My site is no longer #2.

I mean I kinda expected that considering I didnt touch it in almost 2 years but still