Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Rare Items are Lackluster

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkGhost25, Jun 28, 2017.

1. DarkGhost25

DarkGhost25 Black Knight
    Contributor Hero

Orbs have no value.
    Astrolabes have no value.
    Portal shards have no value.
    House decorations have very little value.

The only one of these that can sell for anything of note is house decorations but it's going to tank into oblivion. We have runestones and maps, those are both very good, but it's not much. Keys are worth a bit, nothing too crazy. I feel that looting rare items isn't very exciting, it feels like a little bonus, close to irrelevant most of the time. Major house items are worth way less than in dfo, they're nice but they don't have the punch they used to.

I want to loot some cool *new* stuff. Practically anything would be much appreciated, even collector items that don't do anything but are still quite rare. Playing cards/collectable cards are in the plans but can we get them soon? It feels very far away, maybe a year or more.

I have to admit, even though I'm very against it... the most exciting moments for me loot-wise were when I got immaculate weapons. I definitely get a little rush of excitement and I like that. It feels like high end knives are pretty scarce in pve though. Last word, it would be awesome to see more loot that is not pvp related.

Green Chili likes this.
  2. Sacrillegious

Sacrillegious Fire Elemental
    Loyal Hero

Golden gun that's one use one shot one kill

Schnid and DarkGhost25 like this.
  3. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Fire Elemental
    Legend

I'd rather see super rare items that give something permanent to your character:

-Scrolls that give new recall abilities (Niff Recall, Cairn Recall, Center Map recall, etc.) super super rare loot off hardest mobs from that area
    -Skins for starter weapons
    -Crafting recipes for rare items/other racial mounts etc.

4. Lincoln Hawk

Lincoln Hawk Fire Elemental
    Legend

Fuck yes.

5. Jonah_Veil

Jonah_Veil Chosen of Khamset
    Supporter Streamer

I mean I like these ideas, but if its non cosmetic its too much.

6. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

i wouldnt say rare items have no value. its just very early on in the game and most ppl are still lvling which takes ridiculous amounts of gold so most ppl are still poor. once the majority is done lvling up ppl will start to stockpile money and prices will go up. right now 20k gold is like 200k+ back in DFO. also keep in mind that gold drops got nerfed compared to the original game which ofc has an impact on prices aswell.

7. DarkGhost25

DarkGhost25 Black Knight
    Contributor Hero

I understand that and I agree to an extent. I know that some of these items will go up in value later, but not if there are droves of them everywhere. I don't want to wait until Q5 mats and orbs become really sought after, I want to have fun looting NOW! :D It's a little stale, materials to craft this and that, that's great and all but where is the cool stuff?

8. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

its a problem yea. like anyone selling anything rare right now is pretty fucking stupid cos he can get literally 10 times the amount of gold for it in a year. the problem is that the entire progression system is based on gold. thats awful design cos once the majority is done it loses all value.

Khazgol likes this.
  9. MerleisAirdburne

MerleisAirdburne Black Knight
    Supporter

Portal shards are used for nexuses

10. DarkGhost25

DarkGhost25 Black Knight
    Contributor Hero

Yeah but nobody has to pay much for them because there are thousands for sales and sitting in people's banks. I haven't seen a single portal shard buyer since launch.

propain likes this.
  11. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

I think that a lot of this will change.

Orbs and Astrolabes have little to know value because there was people farming them for weeks before anyone even had the skills to build anything with them.

Give it a few months, and you'll probably find the price of these things going up as these things get used more.

House decorations is a difficult one. The rate of drop on house deco is going to remain constant, so really the only thing which will change the price is how many people bother going for a house. If tonnes of people suddenly decided they want a house and went for it, you'd find the prices going up.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  12. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

The skins and crafting recipes are things we're already going to work on.

The recall idea though, that is intriguing.

Schnid and DarkGhost25 like this.
  13. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Well for the record, I'm personally against more fast travel. I'd like to see more people in the world - on boats or on horseback.

14. Pink Floyd

Pink Floyd Undead Dwarf
    Benefactor Supporter

I really like Ron's idea of an island direct teleport. Maybe have a gen that pops you to Tolenque/Jhali/Simiran/Whiteview.

15. DarkGhost25

DarkGhost25 Black Knight
    Contributor Hero

That is encouraging. Any rough, rough eta on these additions to the game? Also, will they all just come from boss monsters or can we get them from brownies and kobolds too?

16. Green Chili

Green Chili Spellgazer
    Legend

What about meditation tokens that expire if not used with 24 hours. Maybe a couple diffrrent token values like 250/500 points. Keep them on the rare drop side. This would give players that might not have easy/safe dungeon access a way to buy med points from other players. If they are not picked up and used within the expiration window, they are not entering the economy.

Would have to ensure that the expiration time is clear to avoid someone selling a token that expires in 30 seconds kind of thing.

DarkGhost25 likes this.
  17. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

They'll go into various places like long task rewards, champion loot, random drops, chaos chests, some will be store exclusive depending on what it is.

DarkGhost25 likes this.
  18. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

I said it early on. Making housing items drop at this frequency devalued them to nothing pretty much.

Same with portal shards. I wanted them to have more uses other than their once a week use for nexei portals. Their removal from cities had a huge impact.

Same with the bluetail nerf and steedgrass droprate. People only spend one grass now instead of constantly using 2 and they drop like candy. An over saturated market.

All 3 of these were actually farmed, fought and sieged for back in the day. (C-bay partly for its wildtribe island, oethrain for portal shards, housing items still being of value past month 3 of the game).

One of the only things they did right was runestone rarity.

MikeJT, Owyn Magnus and DarkGhost25 like this.
  19. Towel

Towel Akathar
    Hero

Or bring mysterious essence back. They will have more use when more items are in the cash shop. Just make the drops less common than was in beta.

DarkGhost25 likes this.
  20. Owyn Magnus

Owyn Magnus Varangian Warthane

One time use scroll of recall to the islands chaos cities. Yes

The loot in this game is UNDERWHELMING. Farming in DFO was good because you had a good chance for good drops. A small chance of a 5 runestone drop off of cairn giants made it WORTH IT.

It can be more than cosmetic if its one time use. Have mobs have a chance to drop enchants according to their level. Make it rare so as not to replace enchanters.

We are playing an MMO. One of the things we want is treasure. We want a chance of a epic rare drop. We don't want mundane shit.

You can have a viable crafting economy and STILL have good rare drops.

RootedOak, Schnid and DarkGhost25 like this.