Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Rare Ore drops

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bLankszor, May 24, 2017.

1. GaiusSeptimus

GaiusSeptimus Goblin Warlord
    Legend

The amount of insight you have on an economy has me pleasantly surprised. Finally someone else who thinks in terms of long term game and not just a open world battle arena.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  2. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

Yep
    Make mines like vcps

Myater and dragula like this.
  3. Galactas

Galactas Goblin Warrior

How about upticking the rare ore drop on wilderness nodes, increasing the chance the farther you get from capital cities. Decreasing the chance on city nodes.

4. dragula

dragula Gravelord
    Legend

Yes, Shadowbane style.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Myater likes this.
  5. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

Instant bang 8 times a day every 3 hours go live timers shown on map.
    --- Post updated ---
    Never played shadowbane what's the rule set there?

JasonDark likes this.
  6. dragula

dragula Gravelord
    Legend

And space them half way between major holdings. No reason they need to be inside cities.

JasonDark likes this.
  7. MisterTea

MisterTea Infernal
    Legend

I agree that city nodes are dropping a little too high right now, but you're also Not taking into consideration the Cost of building a Mine + owning the city and defending it from sieges

8. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

Inside city's is good in my opinion does not take away from owning a city imo..
    --- Post updated ---
    U know pvp will happen in ur city at some point given a timer everyone can see
    Meaningful raiding something we need
    --- Post updated ---
    Lol sorry don't agree upkeep to a city ain't shit

9. apophis

apophis Goblin Warlord
    Legend

so many suggestions to raise the rate of drop on normal nodes... dear god it's like we didnt have years of unholy wars economy fuckups to learn from, one being rare ores being found in every rock and tree in agon.

city mines clearly need a small nerf and rare ore golems need a small buff (sel gol should be like 1-3. someone else suggested 3-4 which is waaaay too much)

the refresh cooldown on normal nodes could maybe be decreased a tad, but buffing the rare ore output is beyond insane

and i think every mine should generate ~25% of its total daily output in a chunk at primetime. there needs to be some way to make people pay for not defending their mine.

#29 apophis, May 24, 2017
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
  10. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

This would be kewl if they could do it. And do it without big clans holding mines for their friends.

11. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

2 weeks to 6 mins don't seem like a fair ratio even for a mine is my point never said buff regular. What post u referencing to sir.

12. davick

davick Goblin Warlord

Mines shouldn't even be IN cities to begin with. The city should be near the resource, but whatever.

Teclis likes this.
  13. gfaust

gfaust Goblin Scout

I actually suggested the exact same thing in the stream and I didn't really get a response. It would be great if they became focal points to fight over. Instead I think the sentiment was that the clan already put in the work to take the city so it's their reward. Kind of sucks that that is the outlook on this issue. City fighting could be a really cool dynamic if you could raid cities and loot mines in one fell swoop as opposed to just sitting their pinging a node mindlessly.

14. Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe Crypt Guard

yup and SIEGE to claim the city/hamlet for the resources.

15. Teclis

Teclis Undead Dwarf
    Supporter

i like that suggestion have the mine really close to the city walls, just out of tower range but viewable from the walls would be cool

16. Magos

Magos Windlord
    Supporter Contributor

I dont like how the rares are mostly only in clan cities it cripples the solo player even more. Its a super zerg mechanic where the biggest strongest guilds that hold the best mines get a huge advantage.
    Also keys should drop the appropriate ore for the chest they opening.

Biceps and Navlaan like this.
  17. clandestino2a

clandestino2a Skeleton Archer

don't seem really fair that peoples with a mine can have the same quantity of rare in 2 min a player mining outside will have in 2 weeks. especially when looking the risk/reward ratio. citys rare drop should be nerfed, being able to gather big amount of iron safely and without roaming is already a big advantage. or outside nods should have a better rare drop rate at least in lawless areas.

Magos likes this.
  18. Nightmare UDL

Nightmare UDL Celestial
    Legend

Nerf mines they are bugged!

19. Crunchbert

Crunchbert Undead Dwarf

ya mines should refill at certain times during the day. would promote people attacking at those times and people needing to defend at those times.

20. Myspace

Myspace Skeleton Archer

I had no idea this is how it works and tbh I don't see the logic whatsoever.

City mines already have the benefit of being
    - beside a bank
    - constant refill
    - guard tower potentially alerts to enemies

Honestly, I could understand dropping 10 or 20% more rare ore. But I went around with my clan to three mine hamlets the other night and we could only hit each for about 30-50 iron (all tapped early morning...) and we got more rare ore than I've ever gotten doing a +1000 iron ore run in the open world.

a 400%, 500% buff to rare ore is pretty aids.

People saying shit like "You dont take into account the cost of owning the city" just have a mine and want to keep raking in those bucks. A mine is what? 15 building mods? Rare ore goes for ~400-500g right now. Owning the mine for 2-3 days and tapping it out completely replenishes the "cost" of building it. And with early game siege mechanics and the change to wardec cost to 25k, it's not as easy for other guilds to decide "we'll take the mine then".

Surprised more people aren't mad about this. I had no idea this is how it worked, and frankly it kind of devalues all the activities i've been doing for the past two weeks. You can't find this information in the game or in the patch notes.

Why doesn't the farm give 500% more steedgrass? Definitely haven't encountered that.
    What extra resource does the Grove give? Extra sulfur? You get the same amount of sulfur that you get from normal trees.

But it's okay for city mines to be 600% better because they have to be defended? What about the other city nodes? How come they are barely better than their counterparts for the same cost? This is actually aids. I'm pretty steamed rn.