Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Rare resources.

Discussion in 'Project Suggestions' started by Shieldbreaker, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker Deadeye
    Benefactor

Regional rare ores from iron ore veins, regional rare timber from trees, regional rare leather from...fishing? And regional cotton from herb gathering.

Would make gathering not as useless and would be a nice boon to premium members, since they gather more efficiently.

To expand, this would mean things like leenspar ore from iron ore veins in Cairn, or Heimeal timber from tress on Niff. The odds could be more or less the same as in DFO, of 1 rare per ~~100 regular resources, so on average a rare resource every 2 nodes. Could be a bit lower if that is too high.

Would get more players out harvesting, would bring a bit more rare resources into the game, would be a large incentive for premium membership. Heck, make it so non-premium players can't gather rare resources randomly.

#1 Shieldbreaker, Mar 1, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  2. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Varangian Warthane
    Team B Lifetime

One cool kind of node would be carcasses that yield rawhide. Perhaps they could also yield bone reagents and some new crafting materials as well.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker Deadeye
    Benefactor

Bump, still relevant.

Thrill Kill likes this.
  4. Saeora

Saeora Goblin Scout

^completely agree, having ONE forest golem bums me out, and id rather have a reason to gather wood in other places instead of the mountain ontop of Whiteclaw, where I spar it out with other nakeds looking for a good time with my wood.