Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Rares

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mc Nasty, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Mc Nasty

Mc Nasty Obsidian Golem
    Legend

It still baffles me after all these years of df there is still no rare market. I remember back in thousands of players who would just trade rares all day. The adrenaline rush you would get after getting a rare and trying to get it banked. This game offers none of that, no open a grave see a super rare item and the nervous feeling trying to get it banked.

How hard is it to add in a rare or 2 per patch that gives players something to farm for?

Why not add in a ticket that can be turned in on xmas and you can pick 1 of 5 rares. Instantly making these items collectible?

Why not have a veteran reward for 1 year subbed?

You could easily add in fluff rares or housing decorations that can only be found inside dungeons, instantly making dungeons places players would visit again.

2. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Streamer Contributor Legend

Mc Nasty with solid ideas, put him in the next board meeting please.

3. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

He, myself and many other been saying/asking for this since the start.
    Do not understand why it still hasn't happened

Skelly and l0st exile like this.
  4. l0st exile

l0st exile Crypt Guard

Same. Loot is so static and boring it makes full loot dull. Really just a new player tedium gap at this point.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  5. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

We agree, we're going to be adding in more of this kind of "sweet!" loot moments in future PvE updates. Champions will contain some of this and unique named mobs will in the near future once the system is fully implemented.

We're getting closer to these in the Dev cycles!

6. Foomanchu

Foomanchu Goblin Warlord

i think thats the wrong approach. part of the charm of UO was that pretty much any mob could drop rare loot (extremely low chance).. funneling these rare chances into only a few mobs would be a mistake.. noobs getting like a force weapon or one of the more common dye tubs (still rare) off an orc or ogre (easy to mid range mob) is a good way to keep that noob rather than gating those rare chances into a small subset of mobs that 70% (or some arbitrary high number) of players will never farm

7. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

This is said every time someone asks about things. Just take a moment and look at all the ideas on the forums, all the stuff in the current roadmap and now you should be able to say, ok, maybe everything can't be done at the same time.

We have plans for rare opportunities on most if not all mobs. The items were putting in the champions are champion exclusive.

Billy Lee, Grimtide and Wes Furtive like this.
  8. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Shark mounts though... they could be in the game right? RIGHT KILRAIN!? PLEASE KILRAIN!? SHARKMOUNTS KILRAIN!?

9. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Just saying this should have been in for launch, it might seem like a small thing but it is actually so incredibly huge, the incentive to get people in the open world more solves so many problems with open world pvp and giving people things to do, it is about priorities I guess, I feel like it should have been a much bigger one, much like the ideas about getting people back in the water by adding content. So many people have expressed the interest in using boats if they had a reason to do so.

Mc Nasty likes this.
  10. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

What I'm saying is that no matter how simple something seems it still takes time to design, create and implement. A lot of things *should* have been in for launch, but that's in the past. We're in a decent place right now to get the things in we want and that's exactly what is happening. So we're here saying that we also think farming and exploring should provide more excitement and reward through rare find and are beginning to implement them.

11. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Thanks for the responses, they are much appreciated

Billy Lee likes this.
  12. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor

Its still never good enough, is it.

*shrug* love you bud

13. GSO_taylorswift

GSO_taylorswift Wildtribe Mage
    Loyal Legend

Leave the reply’s to Andrew. Sweet heart you’re trying to run a company and you have zero tact it’s be obvious you’re slightly triggered it’s okay though next time you feel the need to be condescending the the guy footing your bill remember he just has ideas and isn’t really being toxic he’s just wondering lookin for reassurance. Your response however if we’re to a real player base not us toxic trolls who continue to pay for this nostalgia would unsub in a heart beat take that to heart you sweet little girl.

14. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Ya I was trying not to be rude even, I have seen many things added or said to be added that have since been scratched and tossed out and in some cases totally reworked/redone so it is hard to say these ideas could not have been done instead of the other failed/bad ideas that were scratched. It is clear to everyone that this particular set of ideas did not hold any weight with the dev team or it would have been done much sooner.

To be clear I think the game is now moving in a much better direction and am impressed with recent changes/road map

#14 Korag, Dec 29, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    Skelly, Dragoon and GSO_taylorswift like this.
  15. Jimmy_Lee

Jimmy_Lee Loremaster
    BPG Representative Lifetime

The game certainly could use lots of new rare items and materials. More items on the loot tables would make farming a lot more interesting, especially if you found something truly exotic. I'd love to see tons of new items added to loot tables.

Billy Lee and Grimtide like this.
  16. frostee

frostee Goblin Scout
    Tester

This is the #1 reason I am not subbed to the game right now.

17. SinSemilla

SinSemilla Air Elemental
    Loyal Tester

Just play UO Forever and copy their ideas, gg!
    --- Post updated ---
    I have spent more money on FTP games these past few months than I would have for around 10 df subs for six months

Methodico and Lucan like this.
  18. Mc Nasty

Mc Nasty Obsidian Golem
    Legend

I love the blessed deeds on fluff items but items still lose dura.

Not to mention all the rare housing decorations

Lucan likes this.
  19. Fengor

Fengor Eodrin

Dyes. No brainer.

20. Methodico

Methodico Winterbound

Blessed deeds is tho only thing I ate io uo forever.