Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Reagent Farming

Discussion in 'New Player Tips & Tricks' started by Eleqtriq, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Eleqtriq

Eleqtriq Goblin Scout

Hi guys,

Realize this forum is used for vets spreading knowledge, but I was wondering if there was some sort of guide on what to farm for reagents, scribing mats, etc. Right now I am just kind of using the interactive DF map and looking for mobs that spawn certain things, but I'm still not super sure what I SHOULD be farming for reagents, or leveling up scribing and am just wondering if there is some tips out there already, or if you guys had some for me.

Let me know if this would be better suited for a diff forum

Thanks!

TryHard likes this.
  2. Incanuth Archbane

Legend

As far as mandrake is concerned: Akathars are easy to kill and drop tons of mandrake, some air essences, eggs, apples, small amounts of sulfur and ash, and a little gold. If your character is new they are a pretty good mob to melee down.

#2 Incanuth Archbane, Jun 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    Rawr likes this.
  3. TryHard

TryHard Varangian Warthane
    Legend

Malaut Acolytes are very easy to kill with melee or ranged and drop a very decent amount of mandrake and resin, enjoy! I stocked up on over 3k of each on those mobs. Lizardman drop an "ok" amount nacre and resin.

Fire elementals drop good amounts of sulfur. Windgraive drop good amounts of nacre, you can use the nacre to farm the fire eles with water magic and then use the sulfur they drop to go back and farm Windgraives with fire magic, its nice.

Dire zombie's drop a large amount of bone and are very slow moving, great for archery or large AoE magic. And last goblin shaman drop an array of reagents but mostly drop large stacks of sulfur(Up to 11 per kill!)

I have not yet found easy mobs that drop ash, hopefully this helps! :)

Rawr likes this.
  4. Rawr

Rawr Chosen of Khamset

Go down pretty quick to Archery if their knockback makes you rage like it does to me!

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  5. Eleqtriq

Eleqtriq Goblin Scout

I'm definitely looking for all the major mats, but primarily bone, sulfur, and ash, as those are the reagents I have least amounts of. So thanks for the heads up!

6. Sepeku

Sepeku Goblin Warrior

Hey! when i first started i did the same thing as you, spent a lot of time trying to farm specific reagants from mobs. However if i played again from the start i would just farm good money mobs and buy the reagants, way faster/better imo! The undead dwarfs by marithain are about 5k gold in 20 mins, or more if you sell the iron ore. Spawn easily solo'd with melee, they also drop arrows, can farm forever with bow.

TryHard likes this.
  7. Valrehtath

Valrehtath Goblin Scout

Forest Prophets drop 8-14 ash per kill. and are killable by 10swings with a gs r40. Easy kills. Also drop arcane essence ;) ;)

TryHard likes this.
  8. Tuloth

Tuloth Infernal
    Loyal Hero

As previously stated, Forest Prophets are pretty great for ash, but they are "relatively" hot spots because Mahogany and Arcane essence. Pretty poor gold, but if it's the Ash you're after....

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    TryHard likes this.