Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Really hard to fight outnumbered in ROA compared to UW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by birdxd, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Earth Elemental
    Wealthy Legend

time to kill

hard2kill likes this.
  2. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

85% of the people voted to increase the TTK a little. I say throw it on test and see if it feels a little more like DF1.

I would like the following:
    Change archmage to 1

Increase stam on sprint by a very very small margin - I still feel there is a bug somewhere where you lose stamina way faster than normal, or food doesn't apply even though it shows it does. Some fights I don't lose any stam and sometimes it just gets melted.

I would add a slight delay in between spells - Maybe half the amount that was in Df1 compared to now - the fast paced combat is great and it feel nice its just you are eating spells every split second.

Reduce eye rot and pungeant to 45 seconds so you can use them defensively again.

Put it on test and have people try it. I like the idea of the guy getting killing blow gets a small amount of stats like UW had so you can fight outnumbered a little better. If its better, keep it that way, if not just undo the number changes.

3. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Popping in for my reference to DF1. The directional bunnyhop bug which caused hopping north and east to be much much faster than south/west. This had several effects: traveling on mounts seemed pointless for 180 degrees (until Bluetails were released which caused them to be useful speed wise for north/east chase/escape), 90% or more of all players were not very good at hopping south/west, hopping north/east slimmed out ~50% of the population to just a tile or two that they could keep up to you. So the best combo to full reset was to go south/west as far as you can get, then mount and ride while you regen. If anyone in a larger group kept up to you, then it would have slimmed down the group to just a few players.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    The Red King likes this.
  4. Sameog

Sameog Akathar
    Legend

It is hard to fight outnumbered... but why are people zerging in the first place? Out of fear of losing gear? Maybe cruelty for their enemies?

Getting zerged is why a lot of people quit. It is impossible to win, and very unfun, exactly because of stuff like wof...
    Don't blame the game for players that are anti fun PvP (zergs)... Or players that are not good at the game.

We need forms of PvP where there isn't risk, so these "bad" players can practice against good hostile players and learn to PvP without risking their hard earned time (farming)

Time sink is why people don't play this game. Farming is a chore for the VAST majority of the playerbase, so why isn't there an option for lazy people, or those who do not have enough time to invest?

Don't touch the combat. The problem is zerging, which is anti fun... so how to address the problem?

Why do people zerg?

Because they are bad and/or don't want to lose their shit and/or don't know how many the other side has... etc...

If there is nothing to lose, then there is no limit to practicing and more people will learn to be confident enough to give fair fights instead of zerging. I don't think we will ever be able to truly get rid of all zerging in open world because of the risk (aka time sink) involved

soooo.... gib arena

5. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

keep in mind, u forgot something important, some people only care about winning, so they don't care about the concept of fair or close to even fights

The Red King likes this.
  6. tk5801

tk5801 Undead Dwarf
    Hero

When i first came back to the game this is all people did to me, with a shit computer underdeveloped char lol. or should i say when i first started playing ROA 1 year ago.

Or if they outgear/character you they just strafe left and right going 1 - 1 with you and knowing there going to win

shit char/comp
    (2) bandicam 2020-02-06 02-34-14-654 - YouTube

im like 1k kills/deaths atm and prolly 800 of those deaths are from people strafing against me while hitting 10 pts harder in melee / magic.

#26 tk5801, Jan 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  7. Sameog

Sameog Akathar
    Legend

I'm not sure why that is an important distinction... why do they only care about winning? To preserve their ego? Or to preserve their gear which is un-fun to farm?

I think most people care about winning, nobody wants to get ganked and sent to the bindstone and have to regear.

8. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

I say this because i've played games where legit gear isnt a thing and people will bring overwhelming odds because they just want to win the fight.
    I think ignoring the fact that people just want to win regardless of others opinion is underrated lol

9. Sameog

Sameog Akathar
    Legend

If someone cares so much about winning that they are scared to fair fight in an arena, that is their problem. Let the rest of us actually enjoy the game. I refuse to play a game that takes hours to make a gearbag just to port to a village and get 6v1'd by some jackasses that "only care about winning"

10. Volfen

Volfen Chosen of Khamset
    Staff Member Developer Loyal Lifetime Legend

You could go to lawful villages. You don't lose your paperdoll there, so you'd be replacing (most) weapons and consumables when you get zerged by 15 dudes. It's not quite an arena, but it's very casual friendly and it's already in game.

Sameog likes this.
  11. bruceybruce

bruceybruce Goblin Scout

come back. agon needs you

12. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Infernal
    Wealthy Legend

Go play Guild Wars/Guild War 2 if you want safe even fights. This is an alliance war game open world PvP. There is no way to control the numbers on each side. If you play Guild Wars the dev company is Arena Net perfect fit for you. You'll never get an arena here and they shouldn't waste the little money they have to work with. The current servers could barely handle the population when it was at it's peak.

Porch and Mea Kulpa like this.
  13. Sameog

Sameog Akathar
    Legend

"Hurr durr go play a different game" Wow I haven't heard this argument before... luckily for you just about everyone that is interested in good fights already left.
    There are no games that have anything close to darkfall pvp. If the servers can't handle more players we are doomed.

14. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

The go play a different game is actually a very valid thing to say, you pick certain games to play for certain reasons, the main reasons I played Darkfall were you could fight any1 anywhere, you never knew who or how many you were going to fight, and that the game is full loot. I feel like a lot of the changes to RoA have taken a lot of that away.

15. Sameog

Sameog Akathar
    Legend

This is kind of in the right direction. But imho the real problem why people don't play is getting zerged and/or wasting their time finding no fights, which isn't fun. People are still going to zerg if they can.
    Whether or not I keep my loot doesn't matter to me as long as I get to stand a chance. Getting zerged is just downright depressing.
    It doesn't matter what you do to the game, people will almost always zerg whether they intend to or not. Group fights are fun as fuck when the teams are even, or even slightly uneven is still often fine... but after a certain point it becomes just dumb... The chaos of open world is cool. No need to get rid of it, we just need an in game facilitator of even numbered fights.... could even have uneven numbered fights depending on what ranks people are vs who the other side is. (later on when we actually have a ranking system obviously)
    Or better yet, have an option on the billboard for villages that are zerg free guaranteed fight. Like a queue for fights. If you are in say the 1v1 queue it will teleport you and your opponent to a random village or random location. Could have full loot and non loot variants. I don't know I'm just rambling at this point smh... just give us anything for consistent fights or I will continue to not log in, along with many others

The Red King likes this.
  16. Shipwright

Shipwright New Member

Has nothing to do with getting zerged down. Every open world pvp game has that.

BPG has added numerous things increasing damage output, lowering TTK while also removing ways to escape. This is the result, it's not hard to figure out.

People lose interest playing because there is no long term reason to play. Territory conquest and reasons for holdings has been completely removed, along with always having a "safe" recall available.

The Red King, Mea Kulpa and Porch like this.
  17. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Infernal
    Wealthy Legend

Oh sorry you said "I refuse to play" so I thought I'd help you find a new game that might better suite your play style. :kissing:

18. Searven

Searven Goblin Warrior
    Legend

Would mostly like to see lower dmg on rays (insta hitscan having same dmg as a bolt makes no sense srly) and stronger transfers, heal self and witches brew to address the insanly low ttk a bit. Disable duration should be lowered as well and rez/gank timer should be looked at as well and be increased.

Main difference when it comes to ttk from roa compared uw is lack of instant mobility skills, wastly weaker self sustain and higher back dmg and instant rays being in the game and making it easy to burst down opponents stuck in cc chains like wof or knock up juggle while pre disabled for a very long duration.
    In uw new players had ways to spec into more survivability by chosing heavy armor that reduces back dmg taken and picking survival focused skills over dmg like stoic defense, earth armor, etc. In roa new players are a 4 second melee distraction and can barly contribute to a fight outside of aoes.

19. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Varangian Warthane
    Contributor

I remember when you had to debuff the opponent with slashing to kill them as fast as people are killed now.

And that was with just bone/infernal.

But i think MikeJT is on to something...

Back then r60 was expensive.

Now everyone has .90's without effort, nearly. Full 100 stats, etc.

20. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Bruuuuuce