Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

reasons to pvp

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by Smile, May 17, 2019.

1. Smile

Smile Goblin Warrior

What is this game about? I guess pvp, but I can't find any good reasons to pvp. Basically there is nothing going on in the world. There is no story - race wars got removed. There is no reason to control a land or a specific holding as I can port everywhere as many times as I want - using bindstones/capital recall combination and rune books. Villages are like minigames with zero meaning in regard to game world.

Do devs have any design changes in mind in this regard? Any vision that would add some meaning?

2. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

Territory control system
    Coming soon

3. Smile

Smile Goblin Warrior

To control what on this territory?

4. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

5. Smile

Smile Goblin Warrior

I have read it. I'm asking you what do you see in it, and how do you think it will introduce any meaning to the game or give more/new reasons to pvp?

To me it looks like with clan based territory control we will get more of the same while we know already that it does not really work. This territory control concept looks basically like a more dynamic version of holding ownership. You will be able to make "your city" bigger, to cover more area with buffs and get more resources. Waste of time as this concept is dead already when it comes to creating content and reasons to pvp. I don't care that you will get more by owning more land. Who needs more in this game? It's so easy to get anything anywhere. Clan territory control will introduce no meaning imo and not much in terms of reasons to pvp.

I really miss race wars concept from DND with ARAC clans/alliances flagged rogue and removal of lawless areas. Small thing but created some sort of bond between same race blue players. Created some story, bigger picture behind clan warfare. Now racial land control on top of it would be something new!

#5 Smile, May 17, 2019
    Last edited: May 18, 2019
    Bonii and Isaac Clarke like this.
  6. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

Shrugs
    I think a lot of it’s incomplete right now to be honest.
    I would need more information on mechanics and things
    That’s how I previewed it..incomplete to make a solid choice

7. Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker Crypt Guard
    Benefactor

Territory control is fairly lame anyway.

Arena with rankings and ladders, that is a big incentive to get better and proper pvp. 10v1-2 isn't pvp, nor is jumping someone at 50% at pve spawn.

8. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Infernal
    Supporter

Racewar implementation in DND was complete ass. Seriously if you are basing your argument around DND did it well, ROA should have the same thing I can't take you seriously.

9. Smile

Smile Goblin Warrior

I am not basing my argument around DND. It was just an example of what I felt was a meaningful change and an added/updated backgound story that made the game feel a little bit less shallow FOR ME. Of course it was not perfect and of course not everyone liked it.

My question is - what is RoA about in that regard? Do devs have anything in mind of that sort or are they (and you) happy if RoA remains mindless arena game? Lack of background / a story / bigger picture makes me want to login less and less. There is nothing to fight for in this game. It does not even feel like a mmorpg.

#9 Smile, May 18, 2019
    Last edited: May 18, 2019
  10. Methodico

Methodico Earth Elemental

11. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

Race-war can never be perfect, but at-least, they didn't remove it. I had random orks around me fighting against alfar in a dungeon instead of killing everyone on sight. For roleplayers and immersion, i felt like it was good enough.

We had orks/mahirim fighting mostly dwarves(large groups).

Collapse Signature Expand Signature