Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Reckful is streaming RoA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BraP eX, May 25, 2017.

1. Soarlozer

Soarlozer Goblin Warrior

What prompted him to play

2. Emil

Emil Goblin Shaman
    Legend

I believe it was due to Dread_Og talking about him on stream a couple of times in the past few days.

3. bmurph101

bmurph101 Deadeye
    Hero

Was kinda hoping Jet Boom or Iceman Hottie would show up and lag switch him to death.

Would've shown him the true DF experience.

RootedOak likes this.
  4. Benevolence

Benevolence Akathar
    Supporter

im not against people finding out about RoA. im against it being marketed right now (which is whats happening here basically) because I think the game is in a pretty shitty state still. BPG has done some great work, but the core game is still pretty un-intuitive and imo broken on a lot of levels.

The thing is, Im pretty sure someone who tries a game, doesnt like it, and drops it is WAY less likely to play later when those issues get fixed compared to someone who comes in after the fixes.

and the reality is that the "experience" the streamer dude received is NOTHING like what his viewers will receive if they try the game. IMO broken expectations also lower the chances of someone who leaves a game coming back after fixes too.

I would guess I am based on what ive experienced but ya never know i suppose?

But i bet you're just a wealth of wisdom mate ;)

I can tell because of how well you reasoned out your (definitely-not-just-an-unqualified-personal-attack) opinion there

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #44 Benevolence, May 26, 2017
    Last edited: May 26, 2017
    AdamWest, Mycke and bmurph101 like this.
  5. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

I can't disagree with anything you say, but I just believe above all else population is king and everything else comes after, so a good pop gives them a better chance of surviving long enough to be at the point you think they should be, without population they may never get there and even with it who knows?

They chose to release when they did with what they had, that wasn't a random event, one way or another they felt they needed to get the game out there and at this point all there is to do is roll with it.

JasonDark, Rorschach, Navlaan and 2 others like this.
  6. Benevolence

Benevolence Akathar
    Supporter

I think, up to a certain critical mass, you are correct that population is king. The most basic thing this mmo needs is enough players to sustain itself.

TBH i ws pretty happy with the 5k accounts on release, and the activity im seeing. I guess this is a matter of opinion, but IMO we're past the critical amount necessary for the game to function as an MMO. if we were down to the levels of pop seen at the end of UW, id absolutely be on board with the "any publicity is good publicity" idea.

but i think we're at a reasonably enough pop for now. IMO some more of the core issues need to be fixed before we start marketing (including thru streamers). Specifically the poor intuitiveness of the game and the initial information wall new players need to get past.

7. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

i disagree, they need money for paid professional staff members (at least GMs plus more), they still have a little too much amateur hour going on and they need to clean it up.

8. WyLd_SyDe

WyLd_SyDe Spellgazer
    Legend

To me you seem like someone who will always no matter what find something to complain about and then because you're not dumb use your intelligence to make it seem like they were well founded complaints and not a compulsive need to share negativity. Stop deflecting. You 're being negative.

That being said, any publicity is good for us right now. It seemed like he had a good time, and hopefully he will show us some love in the future.

9. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

I think it was pretty cool that the guy tried the game. Supposedly he wants to play more tomorrow. It is some great exposure.

Fengor likes this.
  10. Ledwulf

Ledwulf Deadeye
    Supporter

Was actually really fun to watch. Props to all guys that was helping out. We should now support his streams by hitting that subscribe button for doing such a huge promotion to RoA.

11. tommeh

tommeh Dire Zombie
    Contributor Hero

Watched the first 10min. Guy skipped the tutorial cause he thought it wouldnt move on. Perhaps light up the keys on the tutorial so people know they have to press w a s d to get to the next part

Rorschach, Fengor, Nat and 1 other person like this.
  12. Umberto

Umberto Spellgazer

We had contacted his people a few months ago, and did our best to get the game on his radar as we know he played games like AC in the past.

He likely would have never played if it weren't for Dread talking to him about it and sparking his interest. So major thanks to the flying elbow master.

We're in contact with other similar, very big streamers, and we're hopeful that Reckful playing will get them to jump on board as well.

JasonDark, 12204, RootedOak and 6 others like this.
  13. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Damn don't even get a thank you

Fengor and Sique like this.
  14. WyLd_SyDe

WyLd_SyDe Spellgazer
    Legend

R E K T
    E
    K
    T

koruun, Fengor, Sique and 1 other person like this.
  15. HighTimes

HighTimes Gravelord
    Legend

grim you almost fucked up the stream to serve the thirst of your epeen

almost

16. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

How?

17. HighTimes

HighTimes Gravelord
    Legend

i only tuned in briefly but wasnt that you who killed dread og couple times until he apologized? i know that was after the main stream but i was worried you were going to bind camp him. maybe im wrong about everything and that wasnt you.

anyways good light shed on darkfall! bravo

18. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

I was just doing that to spark up the stream. Gotta roleplay.

19. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Went better than I expected mostly because of how nice everyone was to him so thank you to those people

koruun, Fengor, Sique and 1 other person like this.
  20. cannabis

cannabis Goblin Shaman

'i havent had this much fun playing a game since i was a kid man'

Grimtide, Kalos, koruun and 5 others like this.