Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Record advice (request for help)

Discussion in 'Rise of Agon Videos' started by Navlaan, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Navlaan

Navlaan Infernal

Been having some nice 1v1s and group fights lately... but I haven't recorded any! I used to stream a few games with OBS but I was hoping someone could help me with recording videos of darkfall.

I heard shadowplay is good, and I have been meaning to get a new card as my cpu is beast and I only have a Radeon toxic 280x atm.

Was more or less hoping to catch some fights in video so I can get some critique on what I do wrong and to get some tips etc.

Games been great so far! The guys at washed up have been great and the duels and nearby PvP has gotten me a lot better so far

Any ideas on which settings to use and which programs to use for recording darkfall?

So far obs seems good for streaming and audacity and Sony Vegas is what I use for editing.

Wish i could stream DF, but yah lol...

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Big Ed

Big Ed Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

Get a good nvidia card and go shadow play. That way you dont have to worry about hitting record prior to an encounter and waste space for a potential crappy video.
    With Shadowplay, you capture what just happened up to ten minutes ago. Quality is good as well.

3. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

Shadowplay was an absolute game changer for me. I'd recommend spending the money if you'd prefer the freedom to press a single button that saves up to 10 minutes of prior footage at any time. Words can't describe how convenient it is over other recording software.

4. Navlaan

Navlaan Infernal

Alright, thank you guys for the replies. Time to get a new card this week! Better up my player skill lol.

Animal likes this.
  5. Dufer

Dufer Air Elemental
    Supporter

Shadowplay or bust is how I feel now. Lol, seriously. But, I believe AMD has a GVR as well, called plays.tv. It's just....not anywhere near as good

6. Scartissue

Scartissue Goblin Warrior

so I turn shadow play on and have it set to record the last 15 minutes. I hit the save hotkey and it says it saves it to my pictures folder but then there is nothing there. Same settings I use to record smite so is there something I am missing with Darkfall?

7. Kantor

Kantor Black Knight
    Prosperous Contributor Legend

Set shadowplay to capture desktop. For some reason they have it under the privacy setttings.

Navlaan likes this.
  8. Becky Badonk

Becky Badonk Goblin Shaman
    Tester

You can use OBS's replay buffer (set output mode to simple and tick the replay buffer box, don't forget to set up hotkeys) together with the 280x (make sure you use the amd encoder) to get similar results to shadowplay.
    [​IMG]
    I've heard shadowplay is better, but I can't test that. Less hassle for sure. My next card will be from nvidia.

Navlaan likes this.
  9. ijharb

ijharb Chosen of Khamset
    Supporter

I never recorded anything until shadowplay. Changed everything for me.

10. Scartissue

Scartissue Goblin Warrior

Awesome man thank you it works great now!

Kantor likes this.
  11. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

Do you guys know how to limit the audio while recording with Shadowplay? Recording the in game sounds I feel is basically a must but when I got music playing in the background or TeamSpeak chat that I may not want people to hear, what do you do about that?