Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Reduce the grind.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mighty Mouse, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Troy FigNewton

Troy FigNewton Goblin Warrior
    Supporter

There have been vets playing literally 16 hours a day since launch who don't have maxed characters. Pretty sure no one does.. so what makes you think 3-4 months of casual play and "hitting spells" is the problem...

Its more than a character, you need to farm gear, gold, armor, weapons, and crafting skills as well...

But Hey bro, keep it how its... it seems to be working well.. players definitely are not leaving or anything..

Kurise LXV, Zeiken and Mighty Mouse like this.
  2. Kantor

Kantor Black Knight
    Prosperous Contributor Legend

Decrease melee grind and the grind from 80 to 100 in magic schools.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Kurise LXV, Zeiken and NonFactor like this.
  3. STDIO

STDIO Gravelord
    Legend

Too lazy to grind, give me a maxed character so that I can pvp for a month, get bored of it, and quit.

4. Edderino

Edderino Goblin Scout
    Legend

implement passive skill gain so people will have max characters within a couple of hours. that way the rest of the time, everybody will have equal characters and the game will be fun

5. Troy FigNewton

Supporter

Have you heard the expression " The market never lies"

New players are looking at this game, and are rejecting it...

Call me crazy, but I don't blame them... I can think of more fun things to do than shooting different color pixels at golems for 8 hours a day for the next 2 months.

Zeiken likes this.
  6. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Akathar
    Legend

This is exactly why im complaining. Normally id say stfu to someone who complains in such a manner. This dude is right though. I was quickly reminded what I hated about this game. Not just that you have to grind a char up... but you have to GRIND for everything else too. Its a lot of fucken work to get everything you need to pvp. Constant job getting gear,gold, armour, weapons, and crafting skills on top of having to level a char is overwhelming. Nothing will be done about this though the grind will stay. At least make a corrupt GM that I can buy all my stuff from like that guy DOC from the last game.

7. RagnarokDel

RagnarokDel Frostjarl
    Hero

You can get a few schools of magic to 100 in 2 days assuming you are dedicated enough and you have the funds/patience.

8. SashaG

SashaG Dire Zombie
    Supporter

The grind is stupid easy now. It doesn't need to be changed.

9. Troy FigNewton

Supporter

KEYWORD "ASSUMING"

Most new players are not vets, and don't have 16 hours a day.

Zeiken and Mighty Mouse like this.
  10. Reptar

Reptar Fire Elemental
    Legend

My character was literally done in 5 days. About 60 hours of play time. You're just bad at the grind.

Done in the sense of PvP viability as a mage. Full spell rotation at 75, all rays 75, meelee mastery, Sharp Shooter, and utility spells 75.

11. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Akathar
    Legend

Maybe this is true but I am the 75 percent in the game. There are a lot of people like me that don't know how to grind other than kill boring ass mobs over and over and over again. Ive wasted more hours than anything productive. Mostly I log on and run myself in a circle because I dont know wtf to do.

12. Kantor

Kantor Black Knight

I had 4 friends trying the game at launch. Want to know how many are still playing? None. Why? The 2 two reason 1.) Grinding is boring and repetitive. 2.) They kept getting Zerged by vets while grind.

Dixie Normus, Zeiken and Mighty Mouse like this.
  13. Reptar

Reptar Fire Elemental
    Legend

Did you bother to join up with a clan or alliance to help learn and teach your friends about the game? Did you bother to take the time and learn about how to grind in ROA? Did you take the time and move locations across the map to different spawns when you realized you were getting banged out where you were and couldn't hang? Probably not.

WyLd_SyDe likes this.
  14. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Akathar
    Legend

The guy is speaking the truth Reptar its time you realize there's a problem with how darkfall is in many ways a no lifer paradise. I want to play darkfall like quake... let me log in instant spawn a gear bag and start fighting =]

15. Kantor

Kantor Black Knight

Yes, yes and yes.I made my guys apped up and join my clan. I gave them all the tool and answer all their question took them to dungeons, the best mobs to farm on and so on.

All 4 are comeptive players. They all have maxed account ATM as destro, but don't want to play because they also have to grind for gear now.

How does that make you feel now smart alec? Your a no lifer vet. The devs already stated their focus is on new players and retention. Move along let the new generation give their in put. You already killed the first game.

Zeiken likes this.
  16. BeLal

BeLal Goblin Shaman
    Legend

i never played dark fall for a fair fight, and frankly if someone is getting on for that purpose they need to play a dif game. and there needs to be end-game grind. as it stands, you can grind to viable in a very short period of time (meaning at least 1 r90, 1 aoe, and rays to 50 if mage) and if ur destro, ur viable even faster.

trust me, the difference that is made from pushing your char from around 390HP to close to 450, and getting a few spells from 50-75, is not going to change the outcome of those fights where you get roflstomped and dude has literally lost 15hps. even though you cry about how "maxed" his character is, you know that it wouldn't matter if you had a truly maxed char.

As the game is right now you can have a decent character in a couple months. and someone who's good at the game with a decent character can crush someone who's terrible and who has a max character.

The people complaining about the grind would probably also be happy if they made this game tab-target and auto attack and auto-dodge and actually didn't have to touch the keyboard or mouse at all. Good thing i'm not monitoring the forums cuz i'd be deleting all these whine threads.

and dude who said something about the market never lying? i can't even touch that man, just wow. a bunch of people whining doesn't equate to a market. game is poppin, this game isn't going to be for everyone, no game is.

Besides all this, in a month or two, a new person logging in is just gonna have people dumping pappy and essences on their toon
    #whatGrind??

RoD likes this.
  17. Troy FigNewton

Supporter

Thank you sir. Well said the vets already ruined one game..

18. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Yea i think we should go back to 2010 status. Maybe 2009

Reptar likes this.
  19. breakqop

breakqop Crypt Guard

yall better start showing OP some respect or he will beat your ass

GOAT GOAT GOAT

20. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

New players are rejecting this cause they suck. Duh.