Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Reduce the grind.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mighty Mouse, Jun 6, 2017.

1. STDIO

STDIO Gravelord
    Legend

The archery grind is way too fast

Sero likes this.
  2. Acidophile

Acidophile Goblin Warrior

I finished my character 2 weeks ago. I have just been pvping and stuff since.
    Sure in darkfall its never finished. But i have every spell i need at 75 including all buffs. I Greatsword 90master greataxe 75 and daggers 57. So hardcore player get there characters done in 3-4 weeks. Pvp viable casual focusing on the right things mayby 4-6. Just stop standing around the bank whining about the grind and play the game and you will notice everything goes really fast.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #62 Acidophile, Jun 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    Andrew, Sero and MisterTea like this.
  3. Bandido

Bandido Skeleton Archer

And you are still playing. Contrary to what these asses are saying.

Andrew, Foomanchu and MisterTea like this.
  4. Reptar

Reptar Fire Elemental
    Legend

Meelee from 1-75 mastery can be done in less than 6 hours with a haste bot. You can do 1 two hand mastery and in theory never have to do another and still be pvp viable. What.

Fengor likes this.
  5. DemonicEcho

DemonicEcho Goblin Scout
    Supporter

Scrolls are the answer to this problem. Scroll your way through the grind! Learn what mobs you can efficiently farm and dump all your gold into scrolls n papy. This boost your stats too.

Reptar likes this.
  6. WizardKing

WizardKing Dire Zombie
    Benefactor Tester

Nothing in Darkfall is a grind. You DONT have to do anything. Someone could walk up to you and give you end game everything and you could use it day one. Every FEATURE comes with content. And RISK vs. REWARD. Its the philosophy.

Andrew likes this.
  7. Sethisto

Sethisto Goblin Shaman

There needs to be a grind. If everything was just handed to everyone, no one would be out in the world or playing. This is an MMORPG, not Overwatch. People play to progress their characters. If you just want a full loot shooter survival game with no RPG aspect, there are like 30 on steam and another 50 being released by the end of the year. It's literally the flavor of gaming right now.

Teclis likes this.
  8. Veeshan

Veeshan Crypt Guard

75-100 takes too long in magic school imo, and alot of those spell are rather vital which is a bit of a problem.

Zeiken and Navlaan like this.
  9. Rizzlu

Rizzlu Goblin Warlord
    Supporter

It really doesn't.

10. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Akathar
    Legend

I dont like you Rizzlu. I dont even like your picture it makes me want to punch your face when I look at it.

11. breakqop

breakqop Crypt Guard

knocked the FUCK out

Dixie Normus and Mighty Mouse like this.
  12. Kantor

Kantor Black Knight
    Prosperous Contributor Legend

Yes and the same could be said about archery gains with rapid shot, but archery is still a much faster grind.

13. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Fire Elemental
    Legend

I feel like the generation of participation trophy kids are now playing computer games making suggestions like these.

Hardcore poop sockers were pretty much done with their characters within the first 2 weeks. For the rest it will take a couple months. Compared to pretty much every other MMO that has been successful this is a cakewalk. If people maxed out in 2 days they would probably quit on day 3. Enjoy the grind and build your bank, you don't need 100 of everything to be useful.

Uncle Jo likes this.
  14. Foomanchu

Foomanchu Goblin Warlord

why does everyone always assume people will quit when their characters are done?
    have the poopsockers who finished their characters quit?

Circa and breakqop like this.
  15. Myspace

Myspace Skeleton Archer

I want to know what other long-term MMO style games people are playing where 2 weeks to essentially finish your character for someone who plays every day is even possible, let alone desired.

As a casual player, you can play one weekend and get 75 greatsword and 75 archery pretty easy. Like 8 hours spread over 3 days, you can do that. After that, join a clan and get someone to sell you a plate set and an r40 with the money you just made farming those skills. Make transfer scrolls for uber cheap with goblin lesser essences. Congrats. You are basically viable and can kill 70% of people right now. Go farm or fight whoever you want.

Complaining that you can't kill people because you dont have 100 air magic exploding charge or something is crazy to me. If you want a spell school that badly, just farm and make scrolls. If you don't want to farm, play at your own pace.

When the people who want 1-week maxed characters actually get them, go to PvP and realize the reason they lost wasn't because they didnt have 100 earth magic but because they don't know how to pick a fight / when to pick a fight / how to engage & retreat, they are going to be right back on the forums posting about how alignment is broken because "it's too easy for vets to take advantage of noobs", or whatever the flavor-of-the-month-i-play-2-hours-a-week-but-other-people-are-better-than-me-nerf-them crowd thinks is holding them back the most lately.

Uncle Jo likes this.
  16. breakqop

breakqop Crypt Guard

you won't get a straight answer from him or any other proponents of that (bad) argument

Foomanchu likes this.
  17. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

I keep telling myself, "I only have to do this once."

Never grinding a character again.

Uncle Jo likes this.
  18. STDIO

STDIO Gravelord
    Legend

The game gets much more boring when you're not working on accomplishing anything. (Obviously there are other things to accomplish when your character is done, like getting a house and maxing gear. Seems like some want those things handed to them too.)

19. breakqop

breakqop Crypt Guard

this is a pvp-focused game. grind your player skill

and there's always the item grind

the char progression grind for combat skills/stats makes no sense for a game like darkfall. no sense at all

20. Owyn Magnus

Owyn Magnus Varangian Warthane

Developing your character, a goal to work towards, is vital for this genre. I mean, even the best games have to resort to gimmicks to keep players invested.

The sense of accomplishment given when you level up a skill is a Pavlovian thing. Its proven to work, especially when your game relies on a subscription. BPG needs us to be subbed for years.

People will get tired of anything, eventually. Go eat nothing but your favorite food for a month and see how long it stays your favorite.

Developing a character, getting gear, getting rich, pvp, housing, city building....these are all things to do in this game.

Its possible to get enough gear to be done, to earn more gold you can spend, to own a keep in the best place in the game, to have a fully built city,and to have max everything as a character. When a person reaches all of these limits its likely they will quit eventually, cuz pvp for pvp's sake will get boring no matter what you may think.

There is no reason to take away the grind of developing a character. Its one of the few carrots that will keep people invested in this game for at least a little bit longer than without it.

Andrew likes this.