Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Reducing the grind

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by clyde frog, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Tuloth

Tuloth Infernal
    Loyal Hero

You honestly think that 4 hours a week is standard for a Sanbox MMO? I really can't agree with you here. I don't think you should have to play Part time hours, But I would expect at least 2 hours 3-5 nights a week as the bare minimum, and at that you would expect to be behind.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Fengor likes this.
  2. Troy FigNewton

Troy FigNewton Goblin Warrior
    Supporter

Yea bro thats good for you, but most people DONT enjoy grinding... Im glad you do. The character grind is fine. To me the gear grind is INSANE.
    --- Post updated ---
    Thats what I play now moron... yea my character is fine, not where I want it to be but meh, But I can't even begin to compete in PVP when Mages melee me for 10 more damage a hit because they have fully enchanted gear sets and mine are not. The gear grind is insane, it takes way more than 2 hours to get a good gear set that I can lose in 15 sec... how is that fun??? the answer is it is not.. and thats why game is dead.. but there will always be the brain dead no lifers like you that defend it, unfortunately for BPG thats not enough to pay the bills.

Zeiken likes this.
  3. Thellic

Thellic Goblin Warrior
    Hero

I think the developers have done a good job with the front-loading but it seems they forgot that you still had to level up your schools all the way to 100 for certain spells or to unlock mastery.

If the schools got up much faster then players would have an easier time leveling the spells they actually want to use and get them ready for the game quicker. For melee and archery it could go quick to atleast unlock mastery, and slow down again after that. Attributes might not need to have increased gain, but I think more players would feel less forced to grind to 75 if Archmage, Endure Pain and other similar skills instead have their requirements lowered.

I don't mind the gear grind as much, aslong as mid-tier gear is both somewhat easy to aquire and you don't get completely face-rolled wearing it.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    TryHard, Fengor and Nat like this.
  4. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Fire Elemental
    Legend

Try reading what I said before making an ignorant post.

Grind fuels content in this game. You get pvp in the open world due to people grinding. Without people grinding you get no pvp in the open world, only through cities, sieges, end game content. The game was full of pvp when everyone was out grinding, now that most people are done there is much less open world pvp. You may not like that fact but denying it is ignorant. Adding more end game content to drive pvp would be better than how it currently is, but we don't have that, yet.

Ansem likes this.
  5. Ansem

Ansem Skeleton Archer
    ANN Reporter

Doesn't this "content" already exist in the game? lol.