Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Remove Bunnyhopping yes/no ?

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by TaylorNox, Aug 26, 2015.

?

Remove Bunnyhopping yes/no

Poll closed Sep 5, 2015.
  1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  2. No

58 vote(s)
    79.5%
  3. Other - Post below

10 vote(s)
    13.7%
  1. TaylorNox

TaylorNox Crypt Guard

Simple question - yes or no or an alternitive to the original.

2. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

As a CS player helll nawww :)

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. TaylorNox

TaylorNox Crypt Guard

Hahaha

I love bunnyhopping but my compromise would be to allow death from fall damage so it's not endless.

But i do love the extra element of escape.

4. Action_Jackson

Action_Jackson Deadeye
    Hero

Its not Darkfall without bunnyhopping!
    Fix it, so it works in every direction

You can easily get killed with 1 HP while bh away so no problem there. Dont even remember people crying about that while df was live

5. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Balances would be a better idea :)

6. Naos

Naos Goblin Warrior
    Supporter

Sounds good, it got just overused after people lost fights with using it as an out of jail free card which lead to most fights just ending as a whos best at bunnyhopping/running competition.That should be rather a side aspect of a combat game to abort or prevent a fight initially but not to get out of any fight after already loosing it. With death from fall damage it could be a step to prevent that, if its still dominating every fight then considerations about limiting jump momentum or higher falldamage are also an option but for the beginning allowing death from falldamage should be enough and kinda easy to implement.

7. Lahmage

Lahmage Deadeye
    Hero

If it was made so that your stamina drained really quickly whilst bunnyhopping it would probably be the best way to balance it IMO. But it definately should stay in the game, the only legitimate complaints i saw during DFO about bunnyhopping were people who were just mad they couldnt 10v1 some guy down.

8. Finnad

Finnad Air Elemental
    Legend

I agree with the extra stam drain or death from hopping, it was a bit too much to be able to hop endlessly.. however it was a needed mechanic to not get perma zerged and it did take skill.

9. Copperfield

Copperfield Black Knight
    Legend

10. Catorino

Catorino Crypt Guard
    Legend

Death - Hell no.
    Extra stam drain on consecutive jumps - Sounds like a good half way step to me.

11. Thorpes

Thorpes Goblin Warlord

Physics should be realistic in the new DF, if you hit the ground at 30mph wearing full plate your legs should break letting you bleed out slowly.

12. Heldana

Heldana Windlord
    Legend

no, but stamina drain on it would be nice (or another balanceing idea)

13. Zoro

Zoro Spellgazer

No no. NO .. NO NO NO. Removing bunny hopping was one the biggest mistakes of UnholyWars , and even that game saw the return of bunny hopping. It would be taking a step away from Darkfall once again. No NO a thousand times fuck no please no.

14. Fnights

Fnights Earth Elemental

Terrible exploit that will make new players leave immediately as long with hibrids battlemages, should be fixed before release or replaced with falling death damage when you perform too much hoppings (a good move in UW).
    As i post in general suggestions, mounts should be more fast on streets, no need to use bunnyhopping to move fast and catch people.

15. Hugo

Hugo Gravelord

Make it more situational/costly with stamina loss.

My opinion is that it shouldn't be a regular thing because it looks ridiculous; there's lots of ways of raising the skill ceiling without killing the visual aesthetic of the game. Make it useful in desperate situations.

16. Fnights

Fnights Earth Elemental

Err no, this is not and never be the point, if the game stay the quake arena pvp gankfest that was back in 2009-2012, it will fail hard again and everything, the hard work of Andrew, will be all wasted.
    The game need to change and turned into a sandbox with different playstyles and roles to sustain a healthy population, the game can't stay how it was, never.

For example are you guys really ok with this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHh7xGQ-AsI
    This is retard over repair, new players will leave if they see this crap happen and the project will go direct into the trash.

If you guys want a vanilla Darkfall you should wait for the emulator while this new Darkfall should become ehat it should have been, a sandbox like Ultima Online with a fps combat.

17. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

All the evidence we have seen points to the fact that the majority of people who will play want bunnyhopping in some form.

18. Fnights

Fnights Earth Elemental

If Andrew list to pleople like you, then the game is already doomed.
    Trying to change the game? Never. Trying to fix broken features that scares potentially new players? Hell yes.

Evidence of 20 old fraggers who vote ina radom pool? Sure old players, the ones who play till the end are fine with what the game was, but how much people will invest money in a game that failed? These people arent' enought to cover server expenditures and pay devs to do manitenance and updates.
    Bunnyhopping, magefall, and all the issue the game had and never fixed is the reason of the decline of DF1 and because lots of people leave after the initial boom, if you guys dont' realize this then any efford to bring back DF1 will be a waste of money and resources.

Me and my guild will never donate to a possible kickstarter if these things aren't fixed, because we know that the game will not survive with this niche playerbase of fraggers hardcore players. Nostalgia is a good thing but you have to move forward and appeal to a broader audience if you want more reward, and for appeal i don't mean watering down the game like UW, but fix some evident flaws (bunnyhopping is so stupid and make no sense at all, it has no place in the game setting).

19. Nugsbunny

Nugsbunny Windlord
    Loyal Legend

Yeah I don't think you should die from it but yeah consecutive jumps should eat up more stamina for sure. That way you can still get away from the zergs but others can still chase u down if they wanted to try and follow u.

20. DestLocke

DestLocke Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

From my experiences, those who don't like bunny hopping never took the time to get good at it .. it's absolutely not a get out of jail free card if you are low and trying to run from someone who can also bunny hop adequately.