Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

remove destroyer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fenrir Frauki, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

Sorry to break it to you nerds, but destro/mk is dog shit in 1v1/2v2's compared to mage when played almost fucking perfectly on both sides.

Protip: Come hither is a cool spell in 2v2s.

Protip: Melee v melee is still your best bet at winning against destro, but everyone is a giant pussy. It takes nothing to parry bow shots, then ray, then parry the next bow shot. Do that until you have even a 10-15% advantage and force melee. GG. It's even worse if you land a sluggish at any point.

2. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

Out transition the destro gg

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Streamer Contributor Legend

Nope @Animal @Blaze its OP impossible to lose. All siege forces are now going to be Only destro. Mage obsolete

Animal likes this.
  4. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

thats not the point.

the point is that play heavy is dumb, boring and cheese and most of ppl want to play the original version of this.

5. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

Who are these "most people".... Anyone that would play DFO destro is playing destro right now. All 5 of us.

6. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

#revertCombat means revert destro too.

85 ppl voted yes
    21 voted no.

"most of ppl.."

7. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

Feel free to look at the topics polled that directly effected heavy play and notice that's not how math works. Pretty sure the majority voted toward keeping the current heavy, actually.

8. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

make no sense revert combat keeping heavy like this.

9. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Streamer Contributor Legend

I actually voted for the revert. But i dont want keep this or that. Either complete revert or dont revert at all.

10. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

LOL you have 4 times that many just in your clan man

11. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

Interesting. How many of them play it outside of sieges? The answer is 4(out of 40+).

How many people in Exodus Rats play destro for day to day PvP? Smooth - and he's mentally handicapped(French Canadian... same thing), so he doesn't even count as a number.

Other than that.... You'll mostly likely only be able to name Yomi, Bug, Creamy, myself, Cyborg, and Trixie as people that play destro consistently. Cyborg is only on for sieges and Creamy only recently came back.

So in spite of heavy being soooooo broken - we find that under 10 players choose it for day to day PvP. I find it interesting how people tend to play to win, but we see so few heavies in the world outside of sieges.

#71 Animal, Apr 2, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  12. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Black Knight
    Wealthy

I was digging a map up once and it was in a spot i couldn't get to...the gm told me to take off my chest and wof...I don't even have the school let alone the spell. True destro

13. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

Sorry, I forgot about you for a second there :p

14. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Theres a lot more people who play destro than that, just not very good ones man

15. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Correlation =/= Causation bud.

Getting zerged down in a full infernal set is the anti-thesis of fun. You named the most die-hard destros and claim thats all when in reality theres a lot of people playing destro, or swapping inbetween. You'd know that if you played the game.

Mage is still cheaper and seeing as how runebooks enable zergs to move in on you at any moment, im willing to say that people don't want to farm a full infernal set just to give it to the first twat that blows a horn.

#75 Sero, Apr 2, 2019
    MaxiHori and MikerotchBAGFACE like this.
  16. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

This isn't Philosophy 101, Sero. Causality follows more than a purely logical inductive foundation, but that doesn't even apply here because we have hard numbers from which we can establish sound arguments.

The reality is that the cost disparity between a Mage and Heavy bag is minimal now. An even better way to look at it.... what's the difference in protections between FP, Infernal, and Dragon(Hint: There's probably no reason to go above FP outside of sieges).

17. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

HELLO?

18. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

The cost of a gearbag isn't the armor. It's the weapons, staves, and enchants. If you think an extra 12-15k for FP fillers makes the difference.... Wut?

I thought you play this game like 8 hours a day.... this is BASIC knowledge.

19. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

[​IMG]

No one is talking about full plate. Full plate Destro VS Full Plate Mage is for the most part balanced (being able to stat through back damage is still absurd) as long as the destro has equal melee weapons, equal enchants and a silverbranch (compared to mage cobra).

Any complaint towards destro being OP is in regards to the gear crutching that is currently a full infernal set Q4+ and r70 weapons.

PS: It's not philosophy 101, it's fucking science and statistics 101.

#79 Sero, Apr 2, 2019
  20. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

Trust me. We're all taking about FP.

No one is going out to farm in full infernal as a destro. I don't even do that shit.

My daily PvP bags are FP with q4/5 enchants. Hell, some of my siege bags are FP.

P.S: Do you know where the saying "Correlation does not imply causation" comes from, right? It's a philosophical argument.

It isn't hard to discern where variables that determine play-style choices diverge. I'm sure BPG can take a look and verify that.

#80 Animal, Apr 2, 2019