Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Remove enchanting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MaxiHori, Mar 22, 2019.

1. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Akathar

It was already bad when Q3 was the standard, but it's out of control now!

r70 Q5 + race dmg and enchanted rings it's the norm now?? It's like being hit by a train! It's already bad that in a game with thousands spells and 4 weapon skills somehow it always end with a low ping daggers sticked to your back, but this huge gear gap make it even worst.

Removing it would balance things out, gives back importance to holding resources and solve the making bag problems.

I've given up on pvp, just duels and zergs, with a gap this big it's not even fun, there is absolute no skills involved left.

Methodico and Johhny Mad Dog like this.
  2. BeatIt

BeatIt Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

enchanting is very good BPG just need to found a better way to enchant ( Better GUI )

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

thousands of spells lol

4. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

Gotta be a troll right?

MikerotchBAGFACE likes this.
  5. The Red King

The Red King Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

He kind of has a point, I really like enchanting but its getting out of control.
    Lets break it down:
    Helm - Feather = 16 Mats
    Chest - Piercing Prot = 16 Mats
    Shield - arrow protection = 16 Mats
    Necklace - Stam - efficiency = 16 Mats
    Ring 1 - Fire Protection = 16 Mats
    Ring 2 - Slashing Protection = 16 Mats
    Great Sword - Keen / Bane = 32 Mats
    Daggers - Keen / Bane - Keen / Bane = 32 Mats
    Bow - Keen Bane - Keen / Bane = 32 Mats
    Staff - Mana Eff / Magnitude - Keen / Bane = 32 Mats
    That is a top end gear bag. = 224 Enchanting Mats

That is 224 for ONE BAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I get everyone has a choice if they want to go that hard and most dont bring a keened bow / shield / neck - daggers are getting to be the norm. But its still at the very least 128 Mats per gear bag. Q4 is now like 1k a pop, medium to high level gear bags are 120ish K just for the mats.

You cant remove enchanting cause its the base of the economy but Jedi has a point, maybe you could . Maybe drop full gems or parts of gems that you combine to make it less mats and easier to get goiong- cut out the whole enchanting process. I love the infused gems - drop those in the world just at a rate of when 16 mats would drop = insta hot spots.

#5 The Red King, Mar 22, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  6. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Its literally the only content atm... Farm enchanting mats cause thats all you need to do atm.

WTB Content patches

7. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Infernal
    Supporter

The tediousness of it is the problem. Gear templates, like they said they were gonna do over a year ago, would fix this issue.

Isaac Clarke and The Red King like this.
  8. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Black Knight
    Wealthy

Agree with this post and posted an overhaul idea for enchanting. It is out of control for the basic fact that YOU NEED it to complete and you ONLY do it do gain an advantage or match someones advantage.

I agree the game needs something to do (grind) besides pvp and chanting mats are the only thing to grind. But asking noobs to do all the enchanting work to be on even a close playing field as people with a standard q4 bag is pretty dumb. Anyone who doesnt see that by removing more of the player vs player enchants are the people who are running around in q5 blasting noobs.
    6 of us just raided zag..fought a load of kids with them using legit unenchanted jbs and shit..no chance.

The two problems with removing enchanting would be taking value away from mats and taking away players farming in the world. They could.easily factor in mats into the new armor and add new enchanting formulas around pve ( monster banes ) and rework transmutes to keep all the mats still worth it. If you also made 120 stats gain from farming people would be all over the map ( more then now ) farming.

#8 JEDIMind, Mar 23, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    MaxiHori likes this.
  9. KoKane

KoKane Celestial

A new player joined the server.
    We should delete enchanting so its easier for him

OP is a troll

WithoutShame, Bonii and Sero like this.
  10. Rimamok

Rimamok Spellgazer
    Legend

Farming for enchanting mats was 50% of the content in DFO for me. I enjoyed it thoroughly (in a masochistic way, but such is the way of any RPG).

11. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

You have to be a masochist if you stuck with Darkfall this long and continue to login lmao.

WithoutShame, Methodico and Blaze like this.
  12. MikerotchBAGFACE

MikerotchBAGFACE Varangian Warthane

Might aswell make it an arena only game if you take the only grind left out

WithoutShame, Battle Smurf and Fengor like this.
  13. Blaze

Blaze Varangian Warthane

Idk xD I think q3 is fine tbh I dont usually use anything higher than q3-q4 on enchants and then i only choose to do slashing/fire, rarely do u find a good destro with a bow, so if anything i would only use q3 on my bone chest, as for stam q3 is fine q4 is nice for helm i rarely have ever used q5 q4 is fine. Also Since I'm a mage I don't have piercing if u letting someone dagger u well they must be animal. I don't mind enchants cause I usually make 5 bags a time so its not really tedious cause u do em all at once. Also newer players need to stop getting in the mindset of I need the same gear to beat em, Don't get me wrong gear is important skill is more important, wish more newer players just stuck to q3 bb and just made 20+ q3 bags compared to 4 q4 cobbie bags skill outweighs skills imo

Billy Lee likes this.
  14. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Varangian Warthane
    Team B Lifetime

Enchanting is the glue that holds the game together, but I agree that it has some flaws, especially the non-standard crafting window. The real problem, in my opinion, is that buying gear is not practical for many players. For example, you want to buy a cobra with Q4 enchants but you can't afford it because you mostly pvp and don't like farming. What do you do? Well, you might not be able to buy it from crafters because they can barely stay in business due to a lack of buyers (poor pvpers that don't farm). Solution: Have the farmers farm the majority of the materials and do the bulk of the crafting, all we need is a viable way for pvpers to make consistent streams of gold. This could tie into villages very nicely, make the bulk of the loot gold now you can pvp for your gear. Obviously, villages would need to be adjusted, like some villages having enough loot for 15 people, other villages have enough for only two, etc.

MaxiHori likes this.
  15. Auron

Auron Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

Make usefull enchant on weapons..armour..weapons..staff...by default...r40 q1....r 50 q2...ecc... ( i mean enqumbrance...keen...stamina efficency ecc...)all the other enchantment need the station and reagents( dragon slayer....str bonus...healt bonus ecc...)

16. Methodico

Methodico Air Elemental

DF = duels in city. Every time I have to make a bag I prefer to shut down the game and go outside in the real world. So I think that enchanting and all this boring stuff are a good thing for my life. Boring community need boring things. Bye bye.

MaxiHori likes this.
  17. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Akathar

What's the correct mindset? You should just accept that every fight you will be in a huge disadvantage until you will be able to do the same vs other noobs? That ain't gonna work, noobs will just quit, zerg or duel in the city. pvp is unbalanced and it's still a huge grind fest.

What is funny is that the answer has been the exact opposite, 120 stats and q6, even more unbalanced fights in exchange for fake content, and in the meantime all ranks from 0 to 50 are still useless.

18. Inkarnation

Inkarnation Frostjarl
    Legend

This pretty much sums up my opinion on enchanting as a returning player with nothing in my bank, everytime i go to a village i get rolled by kids in q4 q5 infernal who are leagues above me and wouldnt even need it, so i try to spend the countless hours to make the same bags to get on an "equal" playing field (i only play a few hours a week so this process is quite unpleasant) then i find a crafter, after these hours of farming and even dueling to prepare for the village fight, i finally port in, then i get zerged and lose it in 10 seconds

Tldr im stuck between either farming like a maniac to maybe get a decent equally geared fight later, or wear scroach gear and be at a disadvantage while also being bad
    Or i can always zerg people that i know i have no chsnce against (everyone), because thats fun

MaxiHori and The Red King like this.
  19. The Red King

The Red King Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

I think the answer is mobs need to drop infused gems or half gems that you can combine at a reduced rate. This way you farm for the finished product. I would be way into that.

Change the Iklit dailies to give you arrow shield 24 - 48 hour buff and stone skin 28 - 48 hour buff = AMAZING!!!

20. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Varangian Warthane
    Team B Lifetime

It would be awesome if we could finally get the overhaul of the enchanting window, have it work like any other crafting skill. Also, let us sell stacks of enchanted gems on the market, like 55 Q4 keen emeralds, for example.

MaxiHori likes this.