Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

remove rage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GoodDoggie, Mar 23, 2019.

1. GoodDoggie

GoodDoggie Earth Elemental

thank you

Bonii likes this.
  2. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

or nerf it at least.

Finnad likes this.
  3. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Varangian Warthane
    Team B Lifetime

While we're at it, how about a quick history lesson? In dfo mage was extremely powerful so AV introduced destroyer and rage as a way to promote diversity. Destroyer gave you a mana penalty and rage costs a lot of mana, they probably thought that mages couldn't afford to use rage (and many couldn't because characters were generally weaker), but skip ahead to RoA and everyone can afford to use rage, plus destroyers almost don't need mana.

I play destroyer and I don't care a lot about rage, it's definitely very powerful but if it got changed I wouldn't mind, although sometimes you really do need it to survive so it's kinda complicated. Regardless, I think it would be more fun if mana actually mattered to destroyers, right now it's quite arbitrary.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. GoodDoggie

GoodDoggie Earth Elemental

rage wasnt very useful in dfo because you would lose the protection buff if you switched weapons, making it just an inefficient panic heal that healed for about 30 while costing 100 mana.

BPG changed that and now you keep the buff despite switching out of a melee weapon, making it a total nobrainer to use in every single fight, as it literally doubles your magical protections for a minute.

I much preferred it being a last resort heal you would throw between parrying while stuck in 10 wofs in a siege, instead of something you literally HAVE TO use in every single fight you get into.

5. Raap

Raap Gravelord

Simple enough; Add more melee and archery abilities that also cost mana, forcing choices.

Outright removing the one and only physical ability in the game is literally the opposite thing a DF1 game needs. It needs more diversity, more choices, not less.

Billy Lee likes this.
  6. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Varangian Warthane
    Team B Lifetime

As I said, I have no firm opinion on rage. Part of me is eager to see new abilities added to balance out mana and spice up the game, another part of me enjoys the simplicity of clicking with my melee weapons and bow. I think the game would be better with new abilities though, more modern. I think a lot of neat abilities could be added.

7. Isaac Clarke

Isaac Clarke Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

People be wondering why I go afk for 10 minutes after every duel :)

Sero, Yomi Scythetalon and Korag like this.
  8. Auron

Auron Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

X 2 mana cost?

9. KoKane

KoKane Celestial

There's a bunch of antiquated ideas/features that we still have in the game today. I was thinking about making a thread about it a while back.

First quick example is jump casting.

When you're casting magic, gravity is enhanced x100000 on your character and you are stuck to the ground.
    To refresh everyones memory:
    The ability to jump and cast magic at the same time, was removed within the first 3 weeks of Darkfalls launch.
    Why?

Because people complained about how easy it was to run away from an enemy, jump turn, shoot your MANA MISSILE, and turn back to continue kiting.

It's actually comical because the game grew and the meta developed.. Playing like that is literally the first thing you tell people NOT to do. You will die.
    I'd like to see that change reverted and what it does for pvp. It might make defensive play a little more fluid/smooth.
    Can always put it back if some terrible outcome is discovered.
    But I honestly think not much would change because being airborne is almost always a bad situation to be in.

The same with jumping in water.

Is everyone aware that the 10 second delay between jumps in the water is because you used to be able to Shrapnel + Jump, for another bunnyhop on top of Begones.
    People were outrunning the slow ass boats we had then. Devs didnt think to increase ship speed - and it was before the anti-swimmer stuff and ship defense/pvp meta had really developed.
    --- Post updated ---

I think being enraged was meant to be linked to your weapon being out.. So a warrior style player would hit rage and go all ragey in melee.
    Should probably have its duration reduced by 75% once the weapon goes off. Making it a timed effect.
    So you should be thinking "ok, now is my chance to go ham with the melee, if they notice me I can tank the hits before I need to bail"
    "fuck, they spotted me sooner" - switches to staff to stay alive - Rage is basically wasted

If its usage was more strict or situational, then we could alter its cooldown.
    Maybe even implement a new system that builds rage (reduces its cooldown) only if you're a destroyer, and you take incoming damage:
    X per hit = .5 sec cooldown
    To a maximum reduction of X

The x per hit, so shit like WoF ticks dont contribute.

This means everyone can use it still, but the melee pushers will likely have it a bit more often.

(Yes Im aware Destroyers dont need more buffs atm - but I dont feel its a buff in the conventional sense. And there should be a maximum reduction limit anyway)

Billy Lee likes this.
  10. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

mana should matter but rage should be a destro skill only. Sure tone it down for balance but just removing things is never the best first choice.

Oh and I find it so amusing when people scream and bitch about changing an old df thing while at the same time bitch about BPG doing combat changes... I mean LOL

YOU SAID YOU WOULDN'T CHANGE COMBAT, SO WHY ARE YOU CHANGING IT. JUST STOP
    OH EXCEPT RAGE, THAT IS TOO OP.

Yes I am aware it was buffed for roa it needed to be, it just got over buffed.

Also I am not referring to you or anyone specifically just making a statement..

Billy Lee likes this.
  11. Fengor

Fengor Obsidian Golem

Wouldn’t have ANY combat problems if indestructible was hot patched during maintenance tomorrow!

Billy Lee likes this.
  12. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

am i the only one who almost never uses rage except as an "oh shit" button?

i think rage should cost 80 health instead of mana, give no heal, and then add protections

it should also make you have wobble and make your face red

Inkarnation and Fengor like this.
  13. Auron

Auron Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

Rage was created for give an new melee skill for warrior....increase the mana cost and mage cant use rage for fight another mage whit spells ....that its the problem for me...when an mage use rage for fight another mage

14. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

half protections.

15. Johhny Mad Dog

Johhny Mad Dog Celestial

Just delete it or make it destro only. I can live with that

16. Blaze

Blaze Varangian Warthane

Double the mana cost +1

17. Kantor

Kantor Black Knight
    Prosperous Legend Contributor

Nah still not enough most people use it right away in 1v1 take 300ma off the bat. Destro buff only or risk the stat to tank magic as mage.

Also reduce duration to 15-20 seconds.

Blaze likes this.
  18. Blaze

Blaze Varangian Warthane

200+ mana 20 seconds so more of a use in an emergency like if u in a wof or In a huge aoe clump, also can we finally get a visual when an enemy uses rage finally?

19. chad

chad Infernal
    Loyal Hero

TTK is insanely low mage vs mage. Can't imagine how fast it'd be without rage.

20. Kantor

Kantor Black Knight
    Prosperous Legend Contributor

Easy fix reduce all ray damage. Most damage I take are from rays or melee. Destro broken anyway.