Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Remove WOF/COME HITHER

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dotix, Dec 1, 2018.

?

REMOVE WOF/COME HITHER

1. ya mon

2. no mon

3. only come hither

4. only wof

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Dotix

Dotix Wildtribe Mage
    Wealthy Legend

REMOVE WOF/COME HITHER

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. kinglear

kinglear Frostjarl

"wah wah wah please remove everything that i hate!!!1!"

Funky zeit likes this.
  3. SuB ZeRo

SuB ZeRo Varangian Warthane
    Legend

Come hither is balanced because you can parry it.

Wof definitely needs to be adjusted though. I'd say making the spell visual/pull range smaller. Also maybe destro's should just be able to run through it.

windbanger, Oresmacker and Fengor like this.
  4. Kantor

Kantor Varangian Warthane
    Prosperous Contributor Legend

Gotta take out bunny hopping to if not then no.

5. Fengor

Fengor Obsidian Golem

They could always just turn it into a WALL that appears adds temporary cover for 5 seconds. Would be tactical as fuck

6. KoKane

KoKane Winterbound

I would like that. Sort of like Wall of Stone in UO or something, but I've a feeling it'd be a bit harder to code or something.

A temporary change could be to perhaps reverse the pull effect, and repel people off the area in the bubble. Maybe increase its size too, so its impassable terrain basically. Good for zoning. Could be very interesting in big fights, or lame if spammed, but it takes AOE cooldown and AOE's wont be focused on wofs anymore

7. Animal

Animal Obsidian Golem
    Hero

Have you played this game recently? If so, then you'd know that Come Hither needs to be removed from the game or have its magnitude SEVERELY reduced. lol. It's quite literally the most broken spell in the game and has always been the most broken spell.

ArrowExpert likes this.
  8. Sique

Sique Shadow Knight
    Legend

AV added a spell like that in UW and it completely fucked the servers and everyone froze in place.

windbanger and Myater like this.
  9. Sero

Sero Forest Golem
    Loyal Legend

They nerfed it substantially. It's fine.

10. Animal

Animal Obsidian Golem
    Hero

Nice troll, kiddo. In a game where character control and positioning mean everything - let's have a spell in-game that removes both of those from the player! lol.

11. Sero

Sero Forest Golem
    Loyal Legend

Lets have a spell that can also be used defensively by your team to pull you back into position! :D

I got a better idea, let's get rid of everything and use only bolts, archery, and greatswords. Nothing else that is fun allowed!

12. Animal

Animal Obsidian Golem
    Hero

Yet... it almost never plays out like that and you're aware of that, but want to continue to play dumb. ;)

This game without confusion and come hither spam would be beautiful thing.

JEDIMind likes this.
  13. Sero

Sero Forest Golem
    Loyal Legend

Yea confusion definitely needs something to be done. Can agree with that.

windbanger likes this.
  14. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Obsidian Golem
    Hero

I voted ''ya mon'' quick. I just realized i voted yes:rage:

For several reason, i vote no. It's too many things to rebalanced if you are going to remove the only counters to most of the shit we got to deal with in DF: bunny hop, higher grounds, AOE's, mounts, blinds, Melee cluster, knock-ups and current state of heavies.

15. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Infernal

Stop removing shit from my darkfall pls

Nat and Sero like this.
  16. Ikaika Koa

Ikaika Koa Goblin Shaman
    Wealthy Contributor Legend

WoF's area of effect needs to be reduced to reflect it's visual. It pulls you from outside of the visual bubble.

Confusion spam is annoying as hell right now and should be adjusted. Maybe greatly increase the cast time so people have to think twice before just throwing it out there mid fight, as they'll be locked on the spell for a bit. Reducing the duration would be good. Could also slow down the spell somewhat to allow for more reaction time, but it is fairly slow already.

Come hither needs an adjustment as well. Spammed too easily. It is a very useful spell that can make or break a fight.(It can be argued whether that's good or bad)
    Maybe increasing the cast time will be enough to lessen it's effect mid-fight?

#16 Ikaika Koa, Dec 1, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  17. HeganHatsumo

HeganHatsumo Fire Elemental

the list of broke as fuck goes in this order,

1) FAST NORMAL MOUNTS AND BATTLEHORNS

2) WOF

Fengor likes this.
  18. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Black Knight
    Supporter

I like that idea, could also see it as a support lock out type thing like destro. Cause all you would ever have to do is just spam that at a choke point to push through if every mage in the game is able to cast it.

Also one of the main reasons hither is so op is because of WoF. You can get a free disable and hither if you are catch someone in it. That 3 step combo imo is just too deadly and too easily done.

19. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Obsidian Golem
    Hero

Come hither by itself isn't a big deal imo. When paired with wof, which in turn makes disables brain dead easy to land it becomes an issue because you no longer have any options for counter play.... Other than die in the second wof like a man, regear and come back to the fight.

Wof on the other hand..... When a single spell routinely determines the outcome of group fights all the way up to siege sized its easy to see that its by far the most powerful spell in the game in those settings. Not only is it so powerful but its painfully easy to use, much easier to use than it is to counter especially in chaotic large scale fights and it gets more and more cancerous the bigger the fights get. Its still amazing to me that such a broken force multiplier is still in the game after all these years :( Where a come hither might get one guy killed, I have been a part of countless fights both receiving and giving where a single wof directly results in 10+ people dying. Its a whole lot less fun than the fights before wof spam :(

1v1 its almost a non factor spell, but this isn't a game about just 1v1's. It just gets more and more broken the bigger the fights get.

I wish it would just be changed into a spell that didn't dumb the game down and was so unfun to be hit with. Balance reasons aside, its simply not a fun way to die. Dying while fighting is fun. Dying while floating in one or multiple wofs is not. I honestly don't find it all that fun killing people in them either but that is just me..... People have given countless suggestions. I tend to lean towards making it an actually barrier like its unholy wars version but really lots of the ideas are better than whats in game now. Would be nice to have it be something that is useful in 1v1 (which wof for the most part isn't) and also useful but not in a insane force multiplier way like the current wof is in group fights. I don't want the number of tools reduced, just changed a bit to not scale so insane when fights change size.

Oresmacker and Fengor like this.
  20. Sero

Sero Forest Golem
    Loyal Legend

IDK I think WoF is an important part of Darkfall.

Is it strong? Sure. Could it be tuned down? Maybe. Should it be removed? Fuck no.

Sique likes this.