Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Remove WOF/COME HITHER

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dotix, Dec 1, 2018.

?

REMOVE WOF/COME HITHER

1. ya mon

2. no mon

3. only come hither

4. only wof

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Animal

Animal Obsidian Golem
    Hero

You only say that because you're trash and continue to be a proponent of trash. /shrug

2. Sero

Sero Forest Golem
    Loyal Legend

[​IMG]

Oh boy. Animal is back to being a delusional shit talker again.

GOOD THING YOU HAD THEM NUMBERS TONIGHT, EH ANIMAL? MADE IT REAL EASY FOR AFRICAFIANCE TO ROLL US OVER WITH GENTLEMEN PADDING THEIR NUMBERS, EH BUD?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

How about an actual dialogue. How about we talk about the ease of movement for siege forces without WoF being on the battlefield? How there would be literally no way to stop an advance. How about we talk about the teamplay that occurs when WoF is used, come hither being used both defensively and offensively? Or, IDK, the numerous other things you can do in a tight situation? But you don't want to think or talk about that.

You want WoF gone because you think you won't die to zergs as often. Guess what happens when WoF is gone? You get juggled by the zergs. You want that gone too? How about we get rid of everything fun in the game so animal can press-w and left click with 20 ping.

[​IMG]

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #22 Sero, Dec 2, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    kinglear likes this.
  3. Animal

Animal Obsidian Golem
    Hero

That's a LOT of typing.

P.S: I'm entirely okay with fire knockups. If you can consistently target someone in a siege and manage that, then kudos to you.

4. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Obsidian Golem
    Hero

TBH for me its not dying. Its dying while having zero fun floating in a wof. I have fun getting zerged down without CC. I think most people have way more fun getting zerged down without CC than with. I mean its the difference literally playing the game and not playing the game as far as actually controlling your character goes. I used to suicide all the time pre wof zerg era. It was so much fun because I got to actually enjoy the combat for awhile before dying. Now the game play has shifted so much people don't even bother with fights unless they are close to equal. Believe it or not there used to be a time when it was fun to 10v40 going hard as you could (without running away) even though you were guaranteed to die. You would get at least a few minutes enjoyment out of it.

Now if you try that you just die in 3 seconds thanks primarily to wof and to a lesser extent other forms of CC. Its a completely unfun experience. Part of getting people interested and sticking with this game is to make sure that even losing can still be fun.

Fengor likes this.
  5. Sero

Sero Forest Golem
    Loyal Legend

I mean, if your perspective is WoF needs to be gone so I can have fun suiciding then I don't really see a good argument...

6. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Obsidian Golem
    Hero

Its illustrating that even under the worst most lopsided conditions combat was still fun. It was much funner even in ideal 'fair' conditions as well imo. Now its only really close to as fun under perfectly matched circumstances and that gets really boring really fast :(

7. Sero

Sero Forest Golem
    Loyal Legend

Take a look a siege videos. It's utter chaos. Literally an advantage to be outnumbered in the backline because you're hitting 5 people while they're healing you and hitting each other. Getting rid of WoF tips the scales way to far.

If you aren't even going to try survive, reposition/run, I don't see any legitimate complaint against WoF. I have fun trying to hop away/survive. I have fun with WoF. Can cast confusion in wof, can cast stormblast, impulse, get healed, get come hithered. There's so much counterplay I can't believe it's still an issue for some people. The only legitimate issue ever with it, was the spam, which has been toned down quite a lot.

Sique and Inositol like this.
  8. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Infernal

Get your teammates to pull you out of the wof via backside come hither, have them heal you through it, blind your oppenents with confusion/ice storm, or you storm blast, or Parry and pray. Or die. Or bounce away after and recover...
    How to combat wof besides crying 101

Ikaika Koa likes this.
  9. nightblighter

nightblighter Undead Dwarf
    Patron

quietnoobz likes this.
  10. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Infernal

11. Dotix

Dotix Wildtribe Mage
    Wealthy Legend

You guys can not chase us without using come hither, your entire alliance is mediocre at bhoppping so you crutch on come hither spam. It caters directly to the larger group in any situation. You'd never get a kill again and would be losing 5v15s by getting strung out begging for come hither back...

12. Sero

Sero Forest Golem
    Loyal Legend

L1SAINT IS THAT YOU? [​IMG]

Come hither is fine. You're shit. Get good. /thread.

13. Animal

Animal Obsidian Golem
    Hero

It definitely isn't fine and we're all well aware of it.

Troll on, triple blonde shot w/ almond milk.

14. strokegod

strokegod New Member

Lol people have a hard time countering WoFs?

Sero likes this.
  15. Sero

Sero Forest Golem
    Loyal Legend

Would you like a turkey sandwich with that?