Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Returned to DF- feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wizzy, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Wizzy

Wizzy Undead Dwarf
    Contributor

So recently i decided to come back to DF after a good bit of time away from the game, here is some thoughts on changes I noticed so far

Game feels a lot better since last i was playing

Pro's:
    -The random rare ore veins, this is AMAZING.

-Chaos chest increase- but have not seen one in a day or two so they seem super rare (and i have been traveling all over)

-Boards in player cities to allow traveling to some of the villages but not all

-Portal chambers- THANK YOU for adding these back

-markets (this is epic)

-seeing the new skins and items added

-New arrows. Thank you from ALL the destros.

Cons:
    -Portal shards- seems to be way too rare and expensive and makes fast travel way too limited

-No wilderness portal network (I know there are portals, but why not connect more of these together and be multi directional...To be a new player who is trying to move around with the random portals in the wild while huge clans can use portal networks with their cities seems a bit hard to overcome (New players are always going to feel like they have no chance to take a city or move around as quick as the larger clans/alliances). Please do not limit the large clans from using their networks! I just ask that you all incorporate the same network into the wilderness portals too and connect a good bit of them (also bi-directional )

-*Disclaimer this one is beating a dead horse and I know is being worked on* - For the love of god please get some better binds that you start with. Even if its logging into some that says a few example binds you want to choice from or a blank template. This is/was the most frustrating thing when trying to come back to DF, setting up all the binds. It honestly almost made me just log back out and not play anymore. And to be clear when i say a better way to do binds I dont mean more options on how we the players can set them up (which is a nice thing, dont get me wrong) but I mean a revamp of the binds you start with..the current ones are bad for NEW players who dont really have a clue to what extent they need to alter their binds to actually play this game.

-Housing- it was such an awesome thing to own part of the world of agon but now seems like there is almost no reason to burden yourself with taxes to have a house. I cant put my finger on it but something is missing.

Make a true wilderness portal network to allow people to move quicker- One of the things i notice is new people feel confined to a small area because they dont understand how to travel and when/if they do they get killed and dont venture out anymore because it took them so long just to move around (and most likely cost them a good bit IF they did find out about portal chambers)

Also - I have been holding a deed for what seems a year + waiting on the ability to place it where I want :) What gives ?

phuture, Bonii, The Red King and 5 others like this.
  2. The Red King

The Red King Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

Amen!

Wizzy likes this.
  3. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Black Knight
    Legend

The issue is persistence, if you take a break even 7 or more days you loose your house and have no way to even recover it.
    Kind of dumb since you have to work your ass off to build a house only to have it tax you, flag you criminal 1 or 2 times a day and turn your yard into a death match area.

On top of this you cant really customize how the house looks and are very limited on what work station you can put inside it.

I wouldn't bother holding out for a new system. The amount of Dev time to get a system like that working without breaking the entire game wont be happening in our life time.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Wizzy likes this.