Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Returning From 2009 - Dissapointing.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ordogg, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Ordogg

Ordogg New Member

So I've not played in very long time. The only thing that feels that has been changed in the elimination of grinding. After about 2 hours of playing today my lesser magic showed 100?1? and my crafting skills halfway to 100 And my magic/combat skills maxed out at level 5?? I decided to quit playing until I confirm that they removed the grind basically.

Pretty disappointing that I don't have to put any effort in with all these free +5 potions and maxing out greatswords/lesser magic in a short session. Is the new concept just to get everyone to fair play or something? I really enjoyed the struggle of grinding for each point of stat/skill.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Kol Taggar, Zuul Ghat, Sique and 3 others like this.
  2. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

The idea around the reduced grind was to get everyone where they could defend themselves rather quickly.

Imo the grind should be twice what it is now, cause it’s really easy.

You still can / need to grind to 120 stats which takes a long time. Also
    Maxing our all your spells to 5 takes a long time. All that gives you extra damage. Extra damage when two players are equal gives you an advantage.

This game is hard enough for players like you or other new players to fight against people who have mastered this combat. Imagine if you have to fight against masters and you can’t defend yourself because your character is gimped for a half a year unless you play 24/7. This is why it was changed.

The problem behind this was they didn’t give anyone anything else to do before. So no grind, and you had gear, there was nothing to do.

The new daily’s are great, but eventually it will run out as well. So they need to work on content content content.

Hopefully after you read this you will understand it was a good choice, although it probably should’ve been a little harder, was the right choice. And anyone who likes your post is misinformed.

3. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

the grind needs to be increase thats for sure, but the real grind is to get ur stats to 100 at 120 from daily dungeon or kill guardians/champions.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. Kantor

Kantor Black Knight
    Prosperous Contributor Legend

Grind is fine. No one is here for the “grind” wow your lesser magic is 100 lmfao you have greater and all the other magic to lvl up. Oh you got half way to 100 crafting? Nice job still have mastery crafting to lvl. You got 100 stats lmfao good luck getting to 120.

Game is about end game content. No body is here to play for the grind. No one wants to spend hours grinding just to get killed by a vet over and over every time they go out to grind and can’t grind because their accounts are trash and can’t defend itself from pkers.

Getting rid of the grind is the best thing devs did to this game along with f2p. Your probably just mad you don’t have any sheep’s to spawn camp anymore.

Want pvp and easy kills wait for tc patch.

Sameog likes this.
  5. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

let it rip

Sero likes this.
  6. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

By removing grind you directly removed open world pvp and organic territory control

Syphilis, Korag, Bonii and 2 others like this.
  7. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

They sped everything up so people could be competitive quickly (as if they could without putting in the time and muscle memory anyway) when they should have been figuring out a way so less skilled/geared players wouldn’t be forced to fight fully geared vets but other people of their appropriate level.

That has always been the crux. It’s too punishing for mr. potato to fight mr. grandmaster every time. Now mr potato doesn’t even have a race to hide behind. The guy who kills him sits next to him at the bank trashing his bone armor.

They are starting to attempt to fix this with the new “zones” they created but it seems overly complicated and unintuitive to me.

Without a serious rework of the foundation of alignment and progress in this game and a wipe, I see no future.

8. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Grind is practically non-existent. A vet can get a new character to PVP viability in a day or two.
    --- Post updated ---
    The evidence speaks vastly towards the contrary of everything said here.

9. Kantor

Kantor Black Knight

Nah there just no end game once you do have your account lvl up besides gear grind. People were playing actively not too log ago but non stop siege just for pvp is boring. There’s nothing a new clan can do besides fight vet zergs . Pvp happening actively every day over rare drop mobs. An actual tc will fix pop hands down.

10. Crabload

Crabload New Member

Guys
    I just started playing.
    Is there a difference on premium and free ? Is there 2 different servers, because i havent met anyone else yet.

11. Kantor

Kantor Black Knight

Freemium
    Regular harvesting returns less resources
    Clan rank is restricted to Lieutenant
    Cannot create a clan (Can join!)
    No house ownership
    Personal bank space limited to 750 items
    Market buy/sell orders are limited to 20 orders
    Backpack carrying capacity is limited to 350 kg
    Meditation points are limited to 100k

Premium
    Regular harvesting returns more resources
    Clan rank is not restricted
    Can create a clan
    House ownership with no restrictions
    Personal bank increased to 2000 items
    Market buy/sell orders are unlimited
    Backpack carrying capacity is limited to 400 kg
    Meditation points are limited to 500k

The game isn’t super active durning EU time atm. Only one server in NA. A lot of people waiting for territory control patch right now.

12. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Infernal
    Wealthy Legend

Yeah because setting up your character at the blood wall each was so fun...

Methodico likes this.
  13. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

Most of us didn't want there to be much grind. We however assumed that BPG would be able to produce content to replace the grind lost.
    That additional content never materialized and even now still seems to be years away. Grind is not a great substitute for content, but it is still a substitute that is workable to buy time, basically its substantially better than the nothing we have now. In hindsight we would have been better off keeping a longer grind, the RoA launch grind probably being ideal.

Still no amount of grind would have saved the game, only slowed the decline. BPG still needs to prove they are capable of adding real content that actually adds some reasons to actually log in and play again. People still got bored and quit in droves even after DFO launch, it just took longer to reach critical holy shit the game is dead as fuck levels that we have here. Instead BPG keeps changing directions, fucking combat up, unfucking combat up, then producing content like dyes. Dyes are cool, but aren't the kind of content that really gives people something to do. They definitely didn't bring anyone back to the game. We need zerg objectives, non combat content and more solo fluff in that order imo and dyes were more of a solo fluff thing that was also poorly implemented. Got to feed them zergs first to get the most bang for the development investment. Feed the sheep second. Feed the solos last.

SuB ZeRo and The Red King like this.
  14. MerleisAirdburne

MerleisAirdburne Black Knight
    Supporter

He thinks the lack of grind ruined this game, wait til you learn about all the combat changes they've made and are going to make XD

15. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Loyal Patron Legend

truth

16. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Black Knight
    Wealthy

You can't increase the grind now that everyone is maxed..just not fair to new players. It's a huge turn off for people to learn what is gonna take them months only took people less then a few days. Personally in my eyes the grind was a reason a lot of people quit...you have no attachment to the game or your character when little to no time is put into it. I understand people want to be on par with everyone else cause they feel they need to but it's 100% un true. I'm not even close to max stats and have no problem what so ever fighting people with max stats. Gear is really the only thing that tips the scales of skill vs someone.

If it was up to me grind would be getting stats to 120. Making these stats obtainable by grinding on mobs would be my way to go to reintroduce some level of grind again. This is coming from someone that does not have 120 stats, over a mil in gold, more mats of everything then I could ever use. My point is that I'm at the end game and alllll I do all day is run around gathering pappy and looking for PvP cause I can't solo champs to raise the only thing I need..nothing to do.

17. Volfen

Volfen Celestial
    Staff Member Developer Loyal Legend

You can craft 110 pots into 120 pots.

18. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Black Knight
    Wealthy

Ya, I know. I thought we were talking about lack of grind and ways to bring it back.
    Really 110-120 is what most people in this game struggle with ( and gear I guess ) so I was saying why not make it grindable.
    Making 110-120 stats raise through hacking and slashing mobs would also make 95% of the useless mob spawns around the map instantly valuable again. Honestly man no one wants to go grind on a mob for a few hours ( while nothing is raising ) to get 150-200k gold to get ripped off on a 120 pot. At least I don't.

19. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Yes actual strict Race Wars for the love of God why won't anyone do it

Splits the elites up and gives even unplanned newbs some open world homies to farm/ pvp with on the fly

Put some objectives to fight over every couple hours between each racial lands boarders and give a reward to the race currently controlling them
    You also can't make good loot harder to get now without screwing new people or people who didn't stack their banks early...

That's why the game MUST be wiped and relaunched with longer item and character progression in mind

The way you do it is staggered progression, have daily caps on skill/crafting progression that goes relatively quickly up to cap and then slows WAY down or even stops until the next day raises the limits

This way people don't max out so fast and those who join late can catch up relative quickly

Benefits of this system

1. Keeps people playing longer while BPG works on new content

2. Keeps early game power gap in check

3. Allows new people to catch up

4. keeps people using lower gear ranks longer instead of skipping to full plate damn near immediately

5. Allows for more time for fun pvp and open world activity early on rather than sitting in optimal skill grind holes

As a side note I personally preferred the UW prowess system much better because it funneled people into certain mob hot spots (that otherwise go ignored) and let you fight mobs optimally / naturally to progress whatever skill you wanted rather than having to use the individual spell u wanted to level to kill it, you could combine that with daily staggered soft/hard skill caps. And skill respecs were a great gold sink

The current 1-5 skill rank system and progression in general is dogshit

Dixie Normus likes this.
  20. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

Scrap clans altogether.

there should be land towers/control points/ even player cities in between the racial lands to fight over and your race gets benefits in that area of influence now.

imagine orcs taking over idawol or kvitstein and pushing into dwarves territory. Invest to heavily on that front and the humans will back door us and take the hamlets in southern orc lands.

I can only dream.

and when I think strict I think not even being able to interact with other races, no trading no chat etc.

I made a post and tagged you and franchise but they deleted it immediately.

Losing hope. Every time Andrew says there won’t be a wipe part of my soul dies.

PENETRATOR likes this.