Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Returning From 2009 - Dissapointing.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ordogg, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Volfen

Volfen Celestial
    Staff Member Developer Loyal Legend

You can debuff yourself and gain stats all the way to 120. You can even fight mobs that debuff you (Oathlieges and some champ mobs come to mind) and gain stats as you farm, but you'll farm slower. There's also no reason to think useless mob spawns would become valuable all of a sudden by changing that. Could you elaborate?

Few hours? 1 forest golem is worth 30-40k and takes a few minutes to kill. There are some good mobs to farm out there right now.

2. Funky zeit

Funky zeit Infernal
    Tester

Somebody hold this bag for me.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Black Knight
    Wealthy

Want to say that when I say these things I think about newer players having to do this stuff. I'm fine, no problem making gold or anything.

Right now you have to have a group of at least 2 to get 120 pots from champs. Or farm dailies on the island or farm a certain spots that are camped.
    Buy them for over priced and craft them.
    Which of those is a newer player gonna do after he maxed what he can in 2 weeks?
    I mean you want these guys to go farm the one forest golem camped by every clan in a total hot spot to make enough money to buy pots?

Don't know how else to explain it but right now no one kills hobgoblins cause their loot is bad...but if you could gain stats people would not have to rely on very few and certain spawns to progress their character, and wouldn't have to rely on other people playing to progress their character to end game. They could just find a spot and work on progression.
    Progression shouldn't be - Go kill a mob ( gain nothing while I do it ) > sell the stuff > hope someone is selling something I need > progress my character. Progression also shouldn't be shooting a spell at your feet every 45 second and pray you don't resist it.

4. Jean-Claude

Jean-Claude Infernal
    Legend

Dont you dare drop that bag

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  5. Volfen

Volfen Celestial

I farmed my 110 pots on multiple characters without much trouble. On one of my alts I'd bring ~1.2k regs and a blackbolt and that was enough to farm 3 guardians in 20 minutes. That's 3 110 pots which you can sell on the market if the price is good (Which it usually is) or save to craft into 120s otherwise. There are 3 such spawns in the game and they're not camped last I checked.

That's like, your opinion, man. Also, even if you could level up stats on Hobgoblins all the way to 120 (Which, as I explained, you already can), you'd have to be braindead to level up your stats on Hobgoblins or other worthless monsters unless you've been playing the game for less than 2 weeks when there's a ton of decent and good spawns out there you could be grinding on instead.

You can literally farm 110s and then craft 120s now, and 110s are even easier to get than before, so the whole "depending on other people to sell them" argument went out the window.

6. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Black Knight
    Wealthy

That's fair.
    But by your math I could have all 120 stats in only 12 hours. At 5 pots an hour. Why does the server not have everyone all 120 stats when we all play more then that?

7. tyfusrex

tyfusrex Goblin Scout

Removing the grind doesn't really solve the problem. Hiding it behind immersive and enjoyable content does.

Also, PvP should in general be a means to an end, not a goal in itself

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  8. Volfen

Volfen Celestial

If everyone was interested in 120 stats the server probably wouldn't supply enough 120 pots and you'd have to craft them if you can't find people to farm champions with. Most of us don't even play 2 hours a week, and most of my clan doesn't even farm at all. We have people with multiple 120 stat accounts. 2/3 of the server have no need for 120 pots because of wonders, the other 1/3 already has them or doesn't really play anymore.

Also, I personally never finished my stats since the difference is small and stat enchants are actually a thing if you're not a destro. If I bought pots it was out of running out of things to do more than anything else.