Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Returning player base ???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LegionXIX, Oct 24, 2017.

?

Will you return to ROA

1. Not returning

36.4%
  2. Returning

63.6%
  1. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Good player base depends on you and those like you logging in you are area of this fact right? if you and everyone else holds out hoping we get a strong player base is pretty self defeating
    --- Post updated ---
    They took a great idea from a great game and really screwed it up with Champion spawns. I was so happy to hear them announce adding them and then I tested it and was like "wtf is this shit" anyways hopefully they fix champ spawns and not just the loot
    --- Post updated ---
    They took a great idea from a great game and really screwed it up with Champion spawns. I was so happy to hear them announce adding them and then I tested it and was like "wtf is this shit" anyways hopefully they fix champ s
    Every mmo is always in a state of constant development and changes or they fizzle out and die completely. Stop being so angry and rage quitting and just have fun with what we have. UW was a good idea but it was shit compared to DF but I still had fun with it
    --- Post updated ---
    They took a great idea from a great game and really screwed it up with Champion spawns. I was so happy to hear them announce adding them and then I tested it and was like "wtf is this shit" anyways hopefully they fix champ s
    Every mmo is always in a state of constant development and changes or they fizzle out and d
    Yes mature old adults like myself that say "fuck getting old I wanna have some fun!"
    --- Post updated ---
    Every mmo is always in a state of constant development and changes or they fizzle out and d
    Yes mature old adults like myself that say "fuck getting old I wanna have some fun!!
    They need to add shit to do in the water so we can have boat battles. Some kind of pve activities like tower raids or some kind of unique champ spawn that requires cannons. I dunno but something cause boats are an awesome part of this game but the cost to level crafting is stupid high and their is no return for doing it and then the boats just collect up in bank cause ya cant even hardly give them away. I really hope they come up with a good idea for some water sports to go along with those raising nets.

2. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Akathar
    Legend

Once a reason for pvp exists like an internal war I will return. Until then its me logging in to watch people duel in a city... or roaming randomly for hours looking for pvp. I do not have time to do that anymore so I can not bring myself to log in.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  3. Merck

Merck Goblin Warrior
    Hero

I typically do not write to much on these forums but ill add something to this chat. I had off work today and decide Id kick it in Darkfall. I started doing VCPs for 4 hours straight. Probably had 7-8 fights just from the VCPs alone. Ran up on the selegolem spawn and killed a dude farming it and looted like 42 sele ore because he had solo ramped it up to a 4 spawn of sele golems.

There is bang out there and its not hard to find. You can literally spend 2 hours including crafting time and have 5-10 mage bags enchanted. All of you casual bangers can come back now. STFU and lets bang

4. paxprobellum

paxprobellum Goblin Shaman

I took a 2 month Albion hiatus, but it is looking like I need to give DF another go.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  5. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Chosen of Khamset

This is DFO golden age right now baby! Can't wait to get off work!

Methodico, Wes Furtive and DAlonso like this.
  6. Scrappy_Doo

Scrappy_Doo Goblin Shaman

I may...only problem is since DF died I've noticed I have become a productive adult again. DF took all my "productiveness" away when it was in full swing. Is the grind in the game how it was towards the beginning, middle, or end of original DFO?

Battle Smurf likes this.
  7. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

There is no grind. You can be viable in one day.

Wes Furtive likes this.
  8. Scrappy_Doo

Scrappy_Doo Goblin Shaman

Are we talking about 1 day of constant play or a few hours of play. I tend to have MMO-A.D.D. when I go farming/grinding and little things like a bird flying by might have me wondering off.

MaxiHori and Slayven like this.
  9. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

You will have elemental magics wihin a half an hour

75+ in all stats within about the same If you do starter quests for nectar of the gods or just have some homies throw you some.

10. Volfen

Volfen Celestial
    Staff Member Developer Loyal Lifetime Legend

So the main thing is that everything does 92% of its max damage at level 1. Leveling magic schools/melee skills is mostly necessary for unlocking skills/spells, which are free and gained automatically as you reach the requirements. Leveling spells is still necessary (to level 3) for increased aoe/secondary effects.

You should have 75+ stats after the first half hour - 1 hour from the newbie quest line rewards, you can max magic schools and get offensive spells to level 3 within a few hours with about 10k gold if you kill things that drop gold using spells, and doing the starter tasks (kill 160 trolls, goblins, kobolds, mine 100something stone, etc.) gets you enough meditation points to level every buff to a decent point. Stat meditation isn't really a thing anymore, mobs drop potions that give +1 to a stat up to 100, and melee also doesn't take long to grind.

All in all you can be more than viable in 1 semi-hardcore day for sure character wise. Gear still matters, but melee weapons scale differently now and r40s aren't super terrible, they're kind of a slightly weaker r50. You also get more iron/timber per hit from nodes in lawless and non-capital areas so making crappy gearbags isn't hard at all.

quietnoobz likes this.
  11. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

funny because of the people that said no I see 5-6 names on there i've seen in game since i've come back as well :D

12. Panda

Panda New Member

I’ll definitely be coming back if it’s like this... the only reason I quit is because of time constraints.... I work 80 hours a week and just couldn’t be asked to grind......most of us are full blown adults now with jobs and kids and little to no time.

Fengor, Wes Furtive and Dixie Normus like this.
  13. Thomar

Thomar Goblin Warlord
    Hero

Once holdings have value again Defiance will be back. (More than our 2-3 playing)

Battle Smurf likes this.
  14. Obeesho

Obeesho Frostjarl
    Prosperous Affluent Legend

I logged in today after months of being away. I don't know why I stopped playing but I needed to get my rl shit together anyway.

Logged in and realize I either need to put some time in, talk to someone in discord, or read some patch notes or something. Things have changed and I don't know what's up.

Anyway used some nithron to change race, gender, name. Just watch out. Last thing you want is for some hot lettuce to fall on your chest from microwaved taco bell.

15. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor

No ones going to add this to their signature? Really? FUCKING hilarious

16. johntrikone

johntrikone Undead Dwarf
    Legend

I love just the thought of this post. People who aren't playing, you're not allowed to voice your opinion as to where you think BPG fucked up and why you no longer play the game.
    Please refrain from attempting to bring people back to the game by suggesting ideas BPG could possibly implement.

Wes Furtive, Fengor and MaxiHori like this.
  17. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I do not think that was the point. If you haven't played then any information you attempt to offer will be greatly misinformed. All he is saying. Try it out before saying it needs something cause you might not have a clue what has changed.

18. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor

Absolutely. You have no clue where the state of the game is. Your ideas could completely ruin another aspect of the game. This causes band-aids and misinformed changes that really fuck shit up.

You have to be completely brainless to believe that someone who has zero experience with the current state of the game, will have advice that fixes it.

"Huuurrrr add content"
    "Hurrr travel too slow"
    "Hurrrr difficult to get gear"

Huuuuuuur have you even played the game?

Lol. Get the fuck out. Or try the game again, THEN give your opinion. Fuckin idiot.

Edit: didn't have my morning coffee, not usually like that sorry. Botton line: you should try the game before you voice an opinion that could alter a mechanic in the game that has changed or worse, can be affected by your now inexperienced claims. Its basic common sense, please don't upset such a normal opinion because you're the rebellious type. I get it.

#78 GrimReapiN, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    Sean Connery likes this.
  19. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Akathar

It's not that the game changed that much, it's been the same for years. Everything is just quicker now.

When I logged in, the so called "new map" was one of the completed feature, I was expecting something like this: http://wiki.riseofagon.info/map/ but what I got was the same map as before with a couple more icons. I mean.. you cannot even click those icons!! no details, not even a legend. If that is considered a completed thing I don't need to see the rest.
    I went on teamspeak looking for my clan, they were at the south-east island, I'm north west of the map. How do I get there? Same as before! If there were portals I could do that, but no what we have is runebook instead!
    So after a couple of minutes I logged out again.

Nothing is changed, people who were ok with the game never left, people who left have no reason for coming back.
    I believed the new roadmap, but after seeing the map and the runebook I'm out of hope.

Maybe they should aim lower, a non-istanced arena game, just a teleport with istant pvp like many other private shards. I would like to see more but honestly I don't think they are up for the task.. or maybe if they are it would take too long. At this pace you would need at least 5 years to get a proper game but everything is already old and clunky as it is..

Jade69 likes this.
  20. Cool hwip

Cool hwip Deadeye
    Hero

How hard would it have been to have a clan mate mark you a rune then transfer it through clan bank. You really haven't thought this through very much. Would have taken you all of 10 min to get down there with them.

Wes Furtive and Dixie Normus like this.