Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Returning player base ???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LegionXIX, Oct 24, 2017.

?

Will you return to ROA

1. Not returning

36.4%
  2. Returning

63.6%
  1. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Windlord

Nope I didn't, I didn't know runes were transferable and I didn't want to bother my clanmates. I just wanted to open the map, have an idea on where my clan holding/member were and teleport there.

On the sidenote, I just remembered that I did try the new village capture system! except that I didn't know which map icons were the village ones so I ended up in an hamlet instead. I sort of knew that there was an uptime but I bet it wouldn't be shown on the map so I didn't even bother to try.

2. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

wait so your friends in TS wouldn't mark you a rune? or you was to lazy to ask? You cant be bothered to play a game you want it to play it self so you can sit back and watch? I don't get it, you literally make 0 sense with this post. better to not post at all

Sounds as though your just lazy and already have a predetermined opinion of Darkfall regardless of what it does become. you should prolly just move on this might not be the game for you.

3. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Windlord

Sounds like I formed an opinion after playing the game and I'm arguing the quality of the release.
    Nothing more, nothing else

Jade69 and Harley Franklin like this.
  4. Copperfield

Copperfield Black Knight
    Legend

funny thing is currenrly..Your basic response:

Waiting till the player populaiton is raizing again.. then i might come back..

When evenone has this additude.. it will never raise

Personally i think the pop will get a boost when they patch the territory control patch,..

Andrew likes this.
  5. Shivs

Shivs Crypt Guard

Already going up, lots of new players looking for a clan this weekend.

The villages are being taken, mostly within 20 minutes of going live , small scale fights at a lot of them, but thankfully for my bank, not every one :-0

Fights against names I do not recognise.

Clans in the alliance which had 1 player for many weeks, suddenly have groups of them back.

The old portal system which was shit, suddenly becomes useful when combined with sensible placement of runes. Already I am getting lazy about having to ride 2 or 3k.

Fast travel and spawn scaling has turned farming for mats on it's head, even with just an hour to play, you can get stuff done and feel like it was worth it.

Andrew, Ylahoto, Kilrath and 3 others like this.
  6. LisaL

LisaL Stormgraive
    Legend

Me and a friend are likely to start playing... The patch isn't the only reason, but it is certainly helpful. Just please, continue to add/fix non PvP content... PvP will happen regardless.

Fengor, Dixie Normus and Nerfsy like this.
  7. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Yes and I formed an opinion based on your comments nothing more nothing less. They are mostly a fact perhaps not 100% accurate in your case but they are facts none the less.

Volfen likes this.
  8. about0

about0 New Member

Guys, don't you see that the main problems in the core mechanics?
    1. Everyone relies on 'population'. But it's simply impossible in that game! Large Pop > Constant fights > Casuals being griefed > No Pop. I see that nobody wants the 'population'. Everyone wants more sheep to feed their ego. It won't happen.
    2. Zero activity besides 'PVP', which was explained in the #1. You simply can't do shit without being killed over and over. Casuals don't want to constantly fight. But you can't be a crafter or an explorer. The game has no mechanics.
    3. Tedious. Every 'Combat Bag' requires 20 different pieces. WTF?!
    Result: The game is broken by default. And I don't see the understanding of that simple issues from the Dev team. It's much easier to make a fast travel than to build a complex, integrated system which would reward different activities but not only camping profitable spawns. Otherwise, only 20 'true pvpers' will left.

Battle Smurf, Jade69, Beasty and 3 others like this.
  9. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Fast travel works in many other games, it will work fine in this one, It does need a lot of non pvp content though, Badly

Dixie Normus likes this.
  10. AdamDMC

AdamDMC Gravelord
    Supporter

ill be back on soon *TM, hard with my job atm to even find time to game ~_~

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Dixie Normus likes this.
  11. Obeesho

Obeesho Black Knight
    Prosperous Affluent Legend

I logged in again today. Had my usual pm or two from grimtide. Then I went to himtenfau and lost an open world 1v1.

The dude , King Lear, was nice enough to stop by spiral peakband duel a bunch.

I think I won 3 out of 30. Something like that. Either he is like Wally world caliber or I am just bad now. I don't know. Keep your autistic internet opinions to yourselves.

Anyway, play darkfall, you know you want to. Why not?

Grimtide likes this.
  12. Imrys

Imrys Skeleton Archer

Thank you for making me feel less shitty about my own less than glorious return. Lear buttfucked me for a while too....

13. negocromn

negocromn Black Knight
    Legend

:tearsofjoy:

14. AdamDMC

AdamDMC Gravelord
    Supporter

login, app for clan my buddy is in. They say they aren't recruiting. Don't want to play with people i don't know. So gave him my bank and uninstalled. yay!

Slayven likes this.
  15. Eaos

Eaos Goblin Warrior
    Legend

I have been playing again the past few days really enjoying it so far

Forgotten and Oresmacker like this.
  16. TwistedEndz

TwistedEndz Goblin Scout
    Hero

i , twistedendz , will not be returning , RIP Darkfall you will be missed!

17. Forgotten

Forgotten Goblin Warlord
    Benefactor Supporter

Iv returned in the past week and having fun with the new village system

Neilk likes this.
  18. Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar Goblin Shaman
    Legend

Subbed for 1 month and left today. I see they haven't learned their lesson letting someone in robes spawn camp you, wait until the mobs have you at near death and then cast 6 spells in a blink that all do 55+ dmg. Thanks for the let down

about0 and Battle Smurf like this.
  19. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

Happens to everyone bruh...

20. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I mean 6*55 is pretty far from near death.
    Being aware of your surroundings and reacting smartly when jumped. Sometimes ya just going to die no matter what and that is what this game is based off and always has been. The selling point is full loot open world fps style combat, so how anyone can buy the game and play it expecting something different is beyond me.