Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Returning Player Questions :-)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kittengirly, May 13, 2021.

1. kittengirly

kittengirly New Member

Hiii everyone

So I just have a few questions:

- I noticed on the world map there are player cities no longer owned by anyone (i.e. Sunthrone) anymore.... Can I just go there and capture it for myself ?

- Is there a guide somewhere that tells you how to capture a vacant player city ?

- If i just went into one to use the mine in the player city , does anyone know the likelihood that there is someone inside it and will kill me ? Not likely or likely ? :D

I just don't want to lose a boat or a portal shard or whatever as I'm still ugh.....re-familiarizing myself hehehe

2. Ryco Stormeye

Ryco Stormeye Undead Dwarf

- I noticed on the world map there are player cities no longer owned by anyone (i.e. Sunthrone) anymore.... Can I just go there and capture it for myself ?

Yes, any unowned hamlets (5 active players) or cities (10 active players) can be captured by a clan.

- Is there a guide somewhere that tells you how to capture a vacant player city ?

Buy a clan shard from the councillor outside sanquine. Go up to the hamlet/city bindstone and double click the clan shard. You will then need to pay mainteance once a week to keep the holding with a maiteance deed (crafted in construction)

- If i just went into one to use the mine in the player city , does anyone know the likelihood that there is someone inside it and will kill me ? Not likely or likely ? :D

Unlikely you will get jumped as pop is a bit low right now. Also mines in cites no longer give rares ites the grove and mines outside ciites on timers that give rares now.

3. kittengirly

kittengirly New Member

oh wow thnx :-D

that's good to know i dont need to sneak into a city anymore lols. i still have all the old theyril mines and such marked on my map -_-

i saw around 20 severed heads in simiran today but its prob just someone clearing out their bank though hehehe

4. otoan

otoan Undead Dwarf
    Loyal

They added a maintenance fee to own cities? And moved rare items in nodes outside the city? Did they add any reason to own a city? I know at launch there was very little reason to fight for cities. I didn't think it was possible to make cities even more useless.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    aparks and Mea Kulpa like this.
  5. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Varangian Warthane
    Contributor

Correct. But to their credit, they added portal chambers back to the cities. They've also changed crafting so masteries must be performed in player cities.

I suspect with proper population these changes would have a tremendous effect on holding value.

6. otoan

otoan Undead Dwarf
    Loyal

1 step forward. 2 steps back. Is proper population really a feasible thing? Best bet is just to make a new game. I do hope some playable full loot game gets made in my life time.

7. adamisanameihave

adamisanameihave Goblin Warlord
    Legend

Welcome back! I had just come back as well... just be sure to wear that city like its a piece of armor. Once someone comes along and fancies something shiny they will want to take it even if they have better armor just so that there is a potential fight. That being said though I do not recall any clan not being able to have holding(s) in the world, just don't be sad when you lose it as its very much a part of the game. Just think of it as having to move from time to time. Of course, if you are a girl you could likely use that to get people to leave you alone... just introduce yourselves to other clans and express your concerns about losing the city. They may recommend one over the other while assuring that no one wants it.