Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Revert?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juicy, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Juicy

Juicy Black Knight
    Hero

When is this combat revert coming, this stuff was voted for ages ago and we haven't gotten a single word from what i can tell.

gimme that toxic back so these destros cant run around restating in full infernal like headless chickens.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Gotja

Gotja Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Don’t do it for chads sake, he dies enough.....

SuB ZeRo and Oresmacker like this.
  3. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Cairn Giant
    Legend

With all the undisclosed micro changes and implemented/reverted spaghetti code since Beta through various BPG developers coming and leaving...

BPG might not actually even be able to get it back to 2012 or 2016 state because with the way this game is designed you constantly have unintended things happen when you change unrelated things.

Like everyone just accepts all the indirect buffs destroyers got starting way back in alpha and it's compounded into a problem.

Y'all never should of started asking for Eyerot and Pungent nerfs (and i posted that at the time BTW)

It would be nice if they had a version of the game saved from before all that

The development of this game has been all over the place. Absolutely no strong leadership displayed by BPG and literally changes on a whim largely by listening to the most vocal "community" (which rarely agree on anything are somewhat bipolar anyway)

onslaught likes this.
  4. Johhny Mad Dog

Johhny Mad Dog Infernal

You are like the annyoying ex girlfriend that can't stop complaining and bitching about her previous friend. Find a purpose in life. Don't spend so much time on these forums if you don't have any faith in BPG/Rise Of Agon anyway.

5. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Obsidian Golem
    Contributor Streamer Legend

yall afraid of them balanced destros eh?

Leo Woods and Billy Lee like this.
  6. smoody

smoody Goblin Warlord

Please revert so destro can have depth to it's playstyle again, and give us bspikes.

Game isn't fun outside of sieges in it's current state

Also nerf dagger reach back to w.e it was, pve weapon shouldn't be the strongest pvp weapon.

#6 smoody, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  7. Fengor

Fengor Obsidian Golem

And give me fkn indestructible back for Christ’s sake

8. Sero

Sero Evil Eye
    Loyal Legend

[​IMG]
    --- Post updated ---
    At this point I think some of us would settle for a January 2018 revert...

9. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Obsidian Golem
    Contributor Streamer Legend

We would see how many true destros are out there. Can't wait to be one of 5 main destros again.

Korag, Blaze and Oresmacker like this.
  10. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Infernal

I miss dfo combat :( but haven't you heard? They're prioritizing freemium so that'll take months, the polls were just to keep us at Bay :(

Fengor likes this.
  11. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Cairn Giant
    Legend

I hear you but the May 2017 patch was when things really started going downhill combat wise.

It's been longer than it seems

I'm actually not sure what good things even came in all of 2018 because most the same shit we are waiting on now (territory control ect) BPG were literally talking about in late October 2017 but they kept
    pushing it back for "low hanging fruit" which often meant combat/progression changes which are arguably worse or a wash

[​IMG]

Fengor likes this.
  12. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Need a free shard of the original df and I’d be happy. Or full revert of combat, mob loot, teleport system, player mines etc. even system alerts for city raids was ok because people ported back.

13. Sero

Sero Evil Eye
    Loyal Legend

The game has been changed but not all of it has been bad. Honestly for me this was the turning point:

https://www.riseofagon.com/news/patch-notes-may-30th-2018/

There was many good things mixed in with the shit, and now were all sitting here like: fuck.

- I don't want screen shake back
    - I agree with the fireball nerf
    - we all dont want lbspikes to be OP but we want them back
    - toxic rain change was ideal but it left destro-w-holding sieges the braindead meta
    - field aoe + wof cooldown was DEFINITELY necessary
    - I enjoy the cobrastaff .75 speed

I'm sure theres a couple of other things I like, and I'm sure everyone has their own perspectives, but god damn this shit is fucked atm.

14. ArrowExpert

ArrowExpert Celestial
    Hero

I’m still in shock they did 50% decrease with back damage. It’s amazing, but what you said they did some great changes don’t get me wrong. We all mistakes we are human but the difference between successful and failure is how well we can adapt to our mistakes.

15. Sero

Sero Evil Eye
    Loyal Legend

Apparently it was to "lower ttk"

I don't get it... It's DEFINITELY not lower lmfao. Anyone who is giving their back enough for the back damage to make the entire difference in the fight was a low skilled player anyways and would get .5'd no matter what.

Completely changed the dynamic of the game.

ArrowExpert likes this.
  16. Degamra

Degamra Undead Dwarf
    Hero

For such a hardcore game, you'd think the playerbase would be the same. But not even close. I've never seen a more potent community of entitled crybaby whining cunts as I have in darkfall. It's always something. Like you guys have literally cried this game into shut down 3 times. Its embarrassing asf. When AV ran shit it was tears for years, and now you're crying for AVs original combat back. When they had UW holy shit oceans of tears over every little thing... they fixed all of it, and still whined until it got shut down. Fast forward a decade and its nothing but the same entitled babies with the loudest mouths in the room having demanding tantrums. Straight up joke tier community, your parents failed your asses hard asf having you thinking spoiling your own internet games over and over to appease your whiney bitchmade tantrums is normal without notice

17. Sero

Sero Evil Eye
    Loyal Legend

Full stop bucko. You don't know this community NEARLY as well as you think. This sentence alone says it all.

The MO of this community has always been: DFO combat was the greatest, don't touch it, it's the 1 thing that AV did right.

18. Rimamok

Rimamok Earth Elemental
    Legend

Both ROA and DND have dropped the ball for years now by not coming through with Territory Control upgrades.

Darkfall has always had amazing combat, but lacked meaningful reasons to fight. It’s been obvious for a decade now.

And yet, even with two separate teams working for years to make the game what it could and should have been, neither achieved any TC improvements. Instead both messed around with combat. Sigh.

Edit: to be fair, both teams made good games with QOL, which was important. Just not enough.

19. Isaac Clarke

Isaac Clarke Spellgazer
    Hero

Our standards have fallen so far, but you're 100% right lol

kinglear, MaxiHori and quietnoobz like this.
  20. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Infernal
    Legend

Needs more polls

MaxiHori, Fengor and quietnoobz like this.