Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Riddle #2: Solve for 100k

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Billy Lee, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Loremaster
    Staff Member BPG Representative Lifetime

Notes
    • This riddle does not involve BPG and the prize will be paid from either my wallet or that of a donator
    • If you'd like to contribute to the prizes we can meet in-game, ideally in a capital city.
    • As there are many potential readers, riddles will be made with ambiguity as to the question being asked, but there should be enough clues to point you in the right direction. This is done to maintain a certain level of challenge. Challenge will vary greatly from riddle to riddle.
    • Unsolved riddles will have their prizes returned to the prize fund to be used at a later time. I will use my discretion to determine an appropriate endpoint.
    Riddle
    They come and they go, with riches in tow
    What they want is not the same
    Gold is the name of the game
    --- Post updated ---
    Quickly solved by Womb Iklit.

Edit: Answer = The Market

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #1 Billy Lee, Dec 15, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  2. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

Player slot machine

3. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Loremaster

Good guess but the correct answer was provided by Womb Iklit. He has donated his prize back into the prize fund.

JasperHawkins likes this.
  4. MerleisAirdburne

MerleisAirdburne Black Knight
    Supporter

what was the answer

Billy Lee likes this.
  5. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Loremaster

Sorry, I should have mentioned that. The answer was The Market.

6. JasperHawkins

JasperHawkins Celestial
    Loyal Legend

Marketplace maybe?

MerleisAirdburne and Billy Lee like this.
  7. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Loremaster

Yep. He solved it within two minutes, didn't give people much time lol. I'm learning more about how hard to make the riddles, it's tough to gauge how long they'll take to solve with so many variables. I had a feeling this one could end fast :)

8. JasperHawkins

JasperHawkins Celestial
    Loyal Legend

That's funny you posted the exact same time as I solved it funny thing was I just popped back on the forms and it came to me, when earlier I didn't have enough time to think about it. Like I said in my post in your other thread it makes you think not only about locations but also your experiences in the game but also who's making the riddle. That's what led me to the answer you love your Marketplace and so do I.

I think it would be really cool if we could get a stack of riddles together and then they got posted at the same time every day so people had an even chance on being able to solve them instead of Just Happening to see a post.

I like that well intentionally or not that you're still continuing on with your role as one of the loremasters I hope you keep it up it's a lot of fun!

Hit me up next time you see me in a game and I'll throw down a few prizes

Jman

Billy Lee likes this.
  9. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Loremaster

I knew someone would be amused by that answer :D I have thought a little about when to post and the tricky part is that people are in different time zones, so I decided to post at different times of the day. The issue, of course, is there was not much warning, this began on a whim, just for fun. I'll try to post at a fair time and give advance warning next time. I can see I've made quite a few mistakes already so I'll be aiming to make improvements. It's an interesting scenario to pose a riddle to a community rather than a single person.

As for the lore, the upcoming patch will feature a trove of information on the deities of Agon. This includes adding detail to old favorites that previously had sparse information available, as well as many new deities. This information will be displayed on the website. I hope you'll enjoy it and maybe it'll spark the imagination of the roleplayers a bit :) Aside from that, a lot of work has been done on future lore that will be available for players to find and collect in-game. It's a pretty massive world to tackle but eventually, the world will be full of lore and reveal more of Agon's mysteries.

I almost forgot: Any assistance with prizes is welcome and appreciated. I plan to work on a prize fund to use for future riddles, contests, or other games or challenges.

10. Dum Dum

Dum Dum Celestial
    Prosperous Wealthy Hero

I am the absence of light.
    I do not rise.
    These three words are no surprise.
    I greet you after your own demise.
    Eyes full of tears, You've been told this for years.
    My followers battle call. _______ __ ________

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  11. Inositol

Inositol Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

You forgot the 4th word

It's "Welcome to Darkfall, KID"

Unless you're talking about the Public chat system message, and its seemingly mocking tone...