Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

ROA needs a massive overhaul

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hectic Stahli, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Finnad

Finnad Air Elemental
    Legend

wow hold up

Inkarnation likes this.
  2. Todd of Hartford

Todd of Hartford Goblin Warlord
    Legend

Kinda miss faction warfare tbh

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Mea Kulpa and Kantor like this.
  3. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

AV did not try to listen to people, unless to consider a 2nd iteration of the game no one wanted then on deaths doors did they start listening.

That infact does not count as AV listening.

4. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Black Knight
    Legend

They ate up the idea I fed them to black out the map and have it slowly revealed as you explore
    They used the idea to add Feats to injects skill points directly.
    I would say like 80% or 90% of the features I would suggest got added to UW
    Unfortunately they screwed up by shrinking down the map and making god awful character models with a joke of a GUI.

Game would probably still be around if they hadn't driven away the entire DF1 community by wiping the server and sold the license.

5. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Everyone with a brain and no bias knows the best (maybe ONLY) way to make this game populated again is to fix the economy (this encompasses MANY different things that I have laid out dozens of times) and then wipe/ relaunch preferably with territory control, holding upkeep, time gated progession, and a strict faction system or race wars.

No one wants to admit it, but without a wipe relaunch you'll never EVER get the amount of people needed to halfway populate the world, it's designed for 10k concurrent.

Nothing else generates hype and MMO interest like a fresh start server. It's just that with RoA it's even MORE compounded because the economy is flooded due to 2 years of too many loot faucets, not enough sinks, the decreasing of spawn timers, and no competition over spawns or resources + it being straight up FFA no safe zones and no one on a new players side UNLESS they join a clan.... and what % QUIT before finding way good clan? I bet it's high.

Bring back STRICT race wars and time gated/ slowed character/crafting progression let the newbs meet some people at the start who's first thought isn't to kill and loot them.

Make spawns actually encourage players of the same race to group PVE. Give quests for them to collect the heads of enemy race players.

Basically this is all Sandbox MMO development 101
    --- Post updated ---

Make higher end gear like infernal harder to get and then buff its stats some

Risk vs REward 101

6. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Smurf posted, better not read it folks.

Shieldbreaker likes this.
  7. Fenrir Frauki

Fenrir Frauki Undead Dwarf
    Loyal Supporter

Dumb idea. They should really remove that stupid new player protection halo once and for all.

The games been out for 10 years anyone who is still a noob is gonna stay noob, no amount of time will change that. If you're talking about actual new players, lol!
    --- Post updated ---
    I don't hate the idea of a wipe but they need to iron out every single spawn and drop rate BEFORE they do it not AFTER. Also they would need to give us a solid heads up before they do it, if they just decide were doing it next week or next patch this game would self destruct.

Yes.

You and I both know that's not gonna fucking happen.

They already did that, you haven't played in a while. There's one leenspar golem on the entire map, infernal is way better than full plate and also way harder to make.