Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Robes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kol Taggar, May 3, 2019.

?

Robes?

1. Good Idea

59.0%
  2. Bad Idea

41.0%
  1. Sorrow Avaritia

Sorrow Avaritia Obsidian Golem
    Hero

How many people didn't want magnitude on robes at all, and how many people thought it was just to strong and would have been fixed with a small nerf, and how many people wanted to keep magnitude?

I think unless you do something unique with the robes you are completely wasting your time in adding them, I thought the magnitude was a good idea, I was expecting it to have less protections but do more damage, that way you would actually have a good choice, do you want more protections or to do more damage. It is an actual choice rather than just trying to min max stuff.

I think magnitude and or mana efficiency and or casting time should be added to robes, their protections should be lowered and the encumbrance of bone / heavy Armour should be reverted.

Another way of doing this could be to allow the robes to have the same enchants as staffs, and for them enchants to stack with the staff enchants. That way you could enchant magnitude or mana efficiency on your robes and your staff for increased effects, this would however come at a cost, because you would either lose out on a protection enchant or stam efficiency enchant.

You could also bring back the casting time enchant that you use to put on staffs, and make it exclusive to robes. Or add new enchants that are exclusive to robes and hoods, that increase elemental damage, or arcane / spell chanting damage or necromancy / witch craft damage like the staffs do (althought he staffs don't do it very well and are never used).

The robes need to add something unique to the game if not adding them is just pointless and a giant waste of time.

2. Auron

Auron Infernal
    Hero

Whit robes you have 0 enqumberance...you doing more dmg and you cast spells more fast....whit highter magic protections...

3. Sorrow Avaritia

Sorrow Avaritia Obsidian Golem
    Hero

You can run bone with 0 encumbrance. So its pointless.

4. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Wildtribe Mage

Including adding in meaningful diversity in armors and play styles.

If you guys spent more time having discussion the actual topics instead of trying to trash a few that post things might actually improve around here.

5. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Obsidian Golem
    Hero

@Metalkon @Neilk
    I want new robes to be unique that way:

At 0 encumbrance, with new robes only, the longer you hold your spells, the bigger damage you deal: 3 tier, 10% cap or more. If too op, you can make that work for direct hits only. So you no longer have to spam to out-damage your opponents: you can just hold and aim. I think the same should be done for the archer type to promote aiming and sniping.

Immune to your own explosion, immune to your own earthquake so that you may use them in melee.
    When casting explosion and earthquake, you become immune to mage-killer/destroyer damage amplifier.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    quietnoobz likes this.
  6. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Celestial

I feel like every decent idea just falls into the abyss of "never gonna happen"

But dyes, I'm looking forward to those the most. Customized colored sets is better than new armor to me

#66 quietnoobz, May 5, 2019
    Last edited: May 5, 2019
    TyteDaddyTite and ThiefGarrett like this.
  7. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Says the human embodiment of r/IamVerySmart
    --- Post updated ---

1. RoA has the same broken fundamentals as DFO did.

2. It's a logical fallacy to assume I don't know how to fix the game, and make it appeal to people not playing, just because I don't currently play.

3. Anyone who ascribes to the argument from authority is an idiot, me logging in and dunking on you should not have any baring on whether my arguments are correct or suggestions have merit.

4. I never said armor changes alone would bring 2,000 people back. I said 20 people are holding back the game from potentially having thousands more because they are satisfied with the status quo and resistant to necessary changes.
    I'm pretty sure that you agree the economy is fucked in a multitude of ways and needs fundamental changes AND A WIPE after advertising to ever get anywhere

8. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Coming from you. Holy FUCK, the IRONY.

9. Featherbeans

Featherbeans Infernal
    Hero

Just some Logistic stuff:

couple of Pros for robes:

Less pieces to wear/equip
    Lower item count in the bank (which can be a con to BPG because of freemium item count cap...)

Con for robes (this is a full loot mmo btw):

1 piece with almost all the value. You loot the robe and move on/get the fuck outta there.

#69 Featherbeans, May 8, 2019
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
    Kol Taggar likes this.