Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Runebooks/solo players.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shieldbreaker, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker Crypt Guard
    Benefactor

I wanted to bring up a thing.

Everyone cried about how runebooks devalue holdings, which might be true.

But solo/small clan players are already gimped big time compared to big clan players. Now that runebooks have been raped, they are even less competitive. And the average newbie coming in is probably going to start the game as a solo player, and many players, myself included, do not enjoy being part of a zerg.

Some sort of buff to solo/small clan player viability is in order imo.

#1 Shieldbreaker, Aug 10, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    Methodico likes this.
  2. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Cairn Giant
    Legend Streamer Contributor

Its coming with TCS. These big clans wont be able to afford the upkeep for all of their holdings.....hopefully

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Wizzy, Inkarnation and Blaze like this.
  3. BeatIt

BeatIt Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

ya... its coming... soon :unamused:

4. Methodico

Methodico Air Elemental

Runebooks was a cool thing when shards was buyable from vendor, then only shit. I loose my time to Mark my 10 books, now i have a bag with 80 marked rune....cool! Sometimes i think that bpg dont want pvp.

Korag likes this.
  5. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

It's not only easy to farm p-shards, but very easy to purchase them too. If you can make 80k-100k per hour, you should be able to purchase 26-33 p-shards per hours.

It's even easier now to sell stuff when less ppl are contesting your spawn. that mean you get to be the only one selling something specific. Some q5 mats can go as high as 2k each. When i play actively, i camp the same spawn every day alteast 1 hour per day. I can easily make 700k per week if i feel like it.

When p-shard was 1k at the shop, it only made mobs that drop p-shards pretty much worthless honestly. There's enough p-shards in the market now: too much i would say.

So i say, find the best spot and stay there. Purchase everything else you need from the market. The only things i find to be overpriced are cobra staves and r60's sometime which i can easily farm myself just to get a bulk in no time.

On there being less pvp due to the cost on p-shards, i say, it only discourage you from wasting a shard to defend a mine or something. Itmay not be worth it to port to a chaos stone just to cap a village. VCP rewards are not that good anyway; not as good as they used to be.

#5 Scrapnotcrap, Aug 11, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    Methodico, Thrill Kill and Blaze like this.
  6. Blaze

Blaze Varangian Warthane

Agree with this 100% as someone who loves to look at the market and buy and sell I rarely farm, I think people just don’t care to try to use the market it makes life a lot easier

KingLlama and Sero like this.
  7. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I mean some people just prefer to be self efficient, I farmed nearly everything I needed because I WANTED too and what is so wrong with that? Not everyone is into the market thing.
    Should always be options for multiple play styles, that is what sand box is all about. not putting smaller and smaller borders around the sand to corner people into being able to do even less.

Blaze likes this.
  8. Blaze

Blaze Varangian Warthane

I mean u can still farm everything? Just bring a strongbox with u and go ham on a spawn. I’m just saying The market is another avenue. Spend 2 shard and farm a hour or two.

9. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

Persobally, i drop my items on the ground when i'm overweight and i mark the spot on my map. Items dropped on the ground will never vanish unless the server goes down.

Blaze likes this.
  10. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

I heard they were gonna make runes bindable anywhere and you can place rune books on your house front porch so anyone can use them if you have black pearls.

11. Degamra

Degamra Earth Elemental
    Hero

Theres tons of Chaos stones. Anywhere you could get with the old system you can still reach with the new. Your sentiment seems so nit picky.

Blaze likes this.