Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Runebooks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by clyde frog, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Inkarnation

Inkarnation Frostjarl
    Legend

implementing them in the first place was the mistake, we dont want them back, we just want the nithron coins back now that bpg got people to pay dumb money for books and then made them useless

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Methodico

Methodico Winterbound

I want back the Old runebook!

3. WilliamTell

WilliamTell Goblin Warlord
    Prosperous Loyal Legend

I feel like there could be a lot more ways to make holdings worth more/buffed other than using rune books blocking.

-Bigger walls(to encourage using warhulks at city pvp)

-Clan city bindstone raids. I believe the rune glyph could be swapped into clans "designated" city capitol at the bindstone.

During the day clans set 1 hour live time to "flex" when they are online and ready for battle, where their main city they live out of is active for capture.

Other clans can raid cities creating city raid content/events "to do" throughout the day.
    Where clans battle other active clans at their primary holding during active windows.
    Runebooks could be "free" to clan/allies to port and use, while switching the glyph capturing mechanic over to "city raid". just some thoughts.

4. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

jesus christ, how delusional is someone who thinks ppl will use warhulks to raid a city?

5. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Ghost
    Wealthy Legend

He’s saying that the walls should be so tall that you have to use something to blow a hole in the wall to raid.

MaxiHori likes this.
  6. Porch

Porch Skeleton Archer
    Loyal

To be fair there is only 2 factions left playing and one of them reguarly brings cannons or warhulks to raid. Theyeve got wvery landtower besides two for over a month now so dont think its an issue.

7. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect Frostjarl
    Benefactor Contributor Legend

Why would you bring a cannon or warhulk to a land tower?

8. Porch

Porch Skeleton Archer
    Loyal

He was talking about city raiding.

9. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

I have no will to play now that I cant port around.

They need to have rune glyphs expire after server down or maybe make rune glyhs captured by the clan the whole clan can port for free to all the glyhs so the whole clan can mass port around, but they are not blocked, maybe they even get a message that someone ported to the glyph.

Otherwise we need wilderness portals are RIP this game for me.

NonFactor likes this.
  10. WilliamTell

Prosperous Loyal Legend

I also enjoyed being able to port around for pve.

11. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Ghost
    Wealthy Legend

but if you go out and farm the mats and take them back im sure you will get pvp. RIght guys? right? BPG idea of content is taking stuff that is already in the game and removing it and making it tedious to get back what was already there. Big picture stuff i tell ya

The Red King likes this.
  12. WilliamTell

Prosperous Loyal Legend

hmm the extra step of being required to pve something, in order to port somewhere, to pve something else is def tedious.

13. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

The issues with rune books really comes down to population. If there was a high population running from place to play would provide a lot of fun, however because of the population running places is just a boring time sink. The problem is the more instant travel there is the less random chances there are for pvp, if every1 is porting to a specific location you could be farming really close to each other and never see each other, where as if you had to run there you might have seen them on the way.

A way to fix this could be to only allow runebooks to be marked at specific small locations, it would cut down on travel and allow people to randomly run into each other while porting around.

I think they need to come up with ways to create more pvp encounters for the game being low population, cutting down the number of champs and making the loot better, or moving the champs close together, you could have 2 right next to each other on each continent. The good mob spawns could be moved closer together to make hot spots. Could have a couple or a few places on each cont you can make runes that can be put into books at.

14. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Ghost
    Wealthy Legend

Or you could stop doing things that benefit a small pop and instead actually fix the game and advertise it so you can get tons of people playing it.

Shadow-Demon likes this.
  15. WilliamTell

Prosperous Loyal Legend

ROA on steam would be really nice:)

16. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

The thing is the game isn't in a state that it would keep pop long term. It needs quite a bit of work b4 it would be worth doing this which would be harder to do than what I said. For example the economy and new player experience needs lots of work.

17. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect Frostjarl
    Benefactor Contributor Legend

I really haven't had any issues getting around the map without the blocked rune glyphs. There are enough chaos cities and wilderness portals around the map that it never takes more than 10 minutes or so to get where I want to go.