Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Scenario that played out today

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sero, Aug 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cagori Rei

Cagori Rei Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

i ate a bug today

2. paxprobellum

paxprobellum Goblin Shaman

If I knew you guys loved us so much, I wouldn’t have left.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Dixie Normus likes this.
  3. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

your talking about dfo vs RoA

alot of people moved on with their lives. not everyone has the time to regrind etc, and launch was a grind albeit not a hard one imo.

there were decent amounts of people at RoA launch.

there may have been more people playing dfo but it still wasnt a large number and theres a million reasons why not as many people play and sure portal chambers and runebooks did play a factor for some, they were hardly the sole contributing factors.

I could just as easily say there were more people playing when there was racial warfare vs now that there isnt.

its true, but not necessarily reasons why (although in my opinion it had alot more to do with pop than portal chambers)

Honestly, i was a bit mean a few times and if i hurt your feelings I apologize. It really is all in good fun as Im certain you love the game as i do and are very passionate and opinionated about it.

Ill just stop here and say, hope to see you on the battlefield one day .

4. MWTaylor

MWTaylor Community Manager
    Staff Member BPG Representative Game Designer

Leave politics out of this.

5. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

FJW? Forum Justice Warrior? Is that better?

Cudelr likes this.
  6. MWTaylor

MWTaylor Community Manager
    Staff Member BPG Representative Game Designer

How about you debate the idea instead of the person? That would be better.

7. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Already attempted that, didn't work.

Cudelr likes this.
  8. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

He's not the "Darkfall equivalent" of an SJW... He's LITERALLY an IRL SJW/ professional victim that just happens to also play Darkfall

RoA needs a Trump type to take over high level management decisions at BPG if we ever want to Make Agon Great Again
    --- Post updated ---
    You should of seen the first 6 months of 2009

The sad part is there were still so many EASY to implement fundamental changes that RoA could have done (and didn't do despite being warned) to prevent such massive first/second month attrition

1.) Soft capped character progression (for example for the first 3 days after launch you can only get great swords to 25 and then it drastically slows down until Day 4) to prevent try hard vets from gaining huge character advantages while STILL ALLOWING longer term progression goals.

In addition to that it encourages people to PvP more early on and farm using the most EFFECTIVE method rather than doing it an annoying way because you need X skill/spell leveled

2.) Removing ALL mob dropped items over rank 20 and making crafting time gated (week 1 rank 20 cap week 3 rank 30 cap week 4 rank 40 cap week 6 rank 50 cap week 10 rank 60 cap for example). To keep the playing field even for longer and increase item progression

3.) In addition to point 2. making it so that high end rare ores are much harder to obtain early on and scaling clan city node RARE output based on overall population

4. Buffing Clan City buffs, requiring a resource for them and towers to be maintained (crystals for tower energy or specific monster kill quests or food offerings to the church for buffs as an example), and extending their influence over the entire tile while ALSO making it so.that sieges when won by an offensive clan required them to be fully rebuilt aside from the bank. The idea here is repetitive long term gameplay loops to force ALL players/ clans to keep going out and acquiring resources and BUILDING long term

5. Making it so that there is a percentage chance for 1 or 2 items someone is wearing to be fully destroyed on gank. Making it so when items are crafted and unused they are in a "packaged or pristine" state and don't lose durability, BUT once that item is "used" and loses 5% of max durability the item is put on a degradation timer slowly losing durability until it fully breaks even if its sitting in your bank the whole time. Items should also lose effectiveness based on durability.

The point being that it FORCES people to go out and keep farming and fighting over resources for longer which = more PVP AND encourages players to actually bust out that Dragon Armor they looted sooner because they know it will slowly break if they just let it sit in their bank for months

6. STRICT RACE WARS to provide a sense of "us vs them" and RvR mentality that even new players or soloers can understand and jump into with midmap or center Dungeon control objectives. The benefits of this are so blatant that it literally hurts my brain having to explain them all AGAIN (but I will if @kilrain @Andrew ever consider putting it on the table)

And NO opt in factions don't provide all of the dame benefits of Race Wars

I have more as well as a comprehensive RoA population revival plan, but I don't want to waste my time if it's just going to be deleted or ignored again.

#88 Battle Smurf, Aug 4, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    TyteDaddyTite, Squanto and propain like this.
  9. Uzik

Uzik Wildtribe Mage
    Affluent Legend

I'd also like to note that another problem with Darkfall is the aging audience. We are not the same bright eyed youngsters we once were, eager to spend 6 hours a night sieging and roaming for PvP.

Now we all have kids and wives and shit, so it is really hard to try and "Make Darkfall Great Again", when it would require too many other factors outside of the dev's control to make it happen.

That being said:

1) Bunny hopping is still as stupid as it ever was. I thought Abso made them nerf it?
    2) Still not enough specialization in the game
    3) Still a shitty new player experience
    4) Instant travel is a symptom of a larger problem (low pop). Adding portal chambers is like a fat obese fuck taking blood pressure medicine. I mean it may prolong your fat fuck of a life, but you are still slowly dying so long as u sit there as dont lose weight.

10. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Chosen of Khamset

What's an sjw?

Sero likes this.
  11. Owyn Magnus

Owyn Magnus Varangian Warthane

Sero, I struggled with the word to describe you. Was going with autistic or asperger (though its not diagnosed anymore) but worked with a lot of kids with those diagnosis and you are nothing like them.

So I will just describe you as sad.

ABSO as a whole has not pushed for anything.

I did push to nerf bunnyhopping. Its a wonderful game mechanic that was quite a surprise, yet was overly abused by the elite fuckbois to the point where it had to go. This is why we cant have nice things.

I personally fought tooth and nail against the removal of portal chambers from player holdings. Portal chambers and mines were the ONLY things that made holdings worthwhile and fostered a lot of conflict and real estate action that we just do not see anymore since DFO.

Uzik is part of abso but since I have him muted half the time I am not sure he counts.

Battlesmurf. You are nothing but a nazi. One day when you get older you will look back on your current self and realize what a douche you were. Until that day I wish nothing good for you. I hope you get lots of speeding tickets, a bad case of the crabs and finally realize which side of the plate you actually bat from.

I really hate that I agree with a lot of your ideas about Darkfall

#91 Owyn Magnus, Aug 4, 2018
    Marxman and Dixie Normus like this.
  12. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Affluent Loyal Patron

Do you have a case of the TDS?

Battle Smurf likes this.
  13. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

that
    \/

Cudelr likes this.
  14. Owyn Magnus

Owyn Magnus Varangian Warthane

Its ok dude, we are all wrong occasionally.

A lot of people just hide or avoid addressing that fact.

Go keep being you, its what you do best!

15. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

It's simple. Absolutely nothing feels organic in ROA. ROA is now the only iteration of DF where absolutely nothing feels organic.

In DFO:

-To cap VCP's, kill golems first.
    -Blue tails were on demand, mage island was hot.
    -You need several holdings to port around. Wage war!
    -Next, you must kill ghost/shades to get portal shards.
    -Selentine golems were very hot and i think rare ore were actually ''rare''. I just wish rare ores were not made for alts mostly to acquire.
    -Farming runestones was satisfying as fuck, but a little too easy with the cairn giants.
    -For some reason, even when cobra's were easy to make, taint of Khamsets were expensive and a hot-spot on demand.
    -Finally, for all of these resources that were on demand, the holdings that had these resources next to them were the most popular. For example, C-Bay for the mage island, JB's and more.

For ROA, with nothing that feels organic, you just login waiting for things to happen. Something is going on? Rune-in or use the billboard. It's too simple and it's way too far off DF vanilla. We have arrived to a point where i actually wish that ROA had a second server named DF Vanilla with no character leveling grind. Let's just see which server will die first after that.

Nat, Squanto, Mea Kulpa and 2 others like this.
  16. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

I agree nothing felt organic in the game. and one of these days I hope they make rare resources actually rare and not the abundant mess they are today. I'd love for items to be more regional too and I could see it as a great opportunity with their territory control patch but not in the way items work currently.

There is so much they could play with. Like introducing leather gear as a viable armor set. I could see the uses of salts to purify hides with salt itself being located in only a few locations to mine/farm. The animals dropping different tiers of rawhide because lord knows we got enough animal type monsters in the game that could drop high tier rawhide *cough* beastmen *cough* gnolls.

The same goes for trees. We got 5 million trees in this game and nobody had the foresight in all of Darkfall to make different trees for shipcrafting,bows, and staves? They could follow similar to the Selentine through Theyril mindset but instead of being slapped into cities similar to mines they could be out in the world as mini hotspots that are regional and provide city value by being nearby! Make up the names for them it could be redwood trees or some random cool sounding name, and the same goes for herbalism, introduce a cotton shrub and four other textiles for herbalism to make high tier robes, because anything not an iron ore vein or a city without a mine is just not worth much of anything in the harvesting world.

The regional benefits to most cities are only limited by what the development team could think of. It would take a massive overhaul of crafting and figuring out what would be suitable rewards or crafted items, but that in my opinion is what development time should be spent on. There is a world of items they could experiment with such as Crabs fished in specific coasts/rivers for cooking, Silver mined for Jewelcrafting, Coal mined for blacksmithing needs, or maybe even more common Gold hotspots that could be used a city tax currency...The point is there are numerous luxury resources the team could pull from and find a use for.

Hotspots is how I feel the current mines should be like in the game too. Instead of city mines they could be some 500 meters from your city walls. There might be a few "Veilron Iron Veins" clustered together or a patch of "Redwood Trees" and they drop its resource at a high rate when harvested. This would be a great reason to war over as they would be some of the premier ways of obtaining these resources. For example what if the only reliable actual source of theyril in the game was in 2 theyril vein hotspots and a few theyril golems? They might not be the over abundant piece of crap it is today and forever have been. If items had more meaning they could even open up trade routes to be thematically purposeful and rewarding at the same time with some of these rare items.

As a primarily farmer/harvester lover and all around enthusiast for political warfare im honestly saddened by the crafting and rarity of items in game, but I kind of went on a rant as your comment about hotspots just clicked with me.

#96 propain, Aug 4, 2018
    Nat and Sero like this.
  17. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

He thinks I'm a literal Nazi, but STILL agrees with my RoA revival changes

That HAS to mean there is merit to them

Also for the record and on a personal note, you don't know my political history or even understand my current leanings...

The simple fact that you would WISH me, or anyone else, physical illness and misfortune in life simply for having a different (and arguably more informed) political opinion than you, is just further evidence that many leftists like you, are actually pretty hateful/shitty human beings who base their political opinions more on emotion than logic

I have never hated or wished ill will on any genuinely ideological leftist, mostly I just empathize with or feel sorry for them because they succumbed to the brainwashing of Cultural Marxist propaganda that's so prevalent in MODERN Western Education and mainstream media

onslaught, Sero and propain like this.
  18. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Yea people don't understand the entire dynamic of darkfall, or how the economy worked/circulates. :(

Cudelr likes this.
  19. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Pretty much all there is to it.

Dixie Normus likes this.
  20. Marxman

Marxman Obsidian Golem
    Loyal

lol you know who talks about cultural marxism the most? Literal Nazi's, its their favorite thing to cry about and really only they talk about it, nobody else even knows what the fuck it means including actual Marxists.

- an actual Marxist

Dixie Normus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.