Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Seles golem/sele ore

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mc Nasty, Jun 20, 2017.

1. merkmerk73

merkmerk73 Earth Elemental

Lol whatever

Ain't nobody wearing 20-30k gear and dying after a good fight and thinking 'man that was so fun I totally don't mind that guy taking all my shit'

I mean maybe a few people but that's not the majority I can promise you that's

2. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I quit a month in cause of classfall

Sero likes this.
  3. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

I wanna stop replying to you because it's not even fun anymore after recent revelations up there^

It's just sad. Keep dodging though man. You're good at it. White Goodman would be proud.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I didn't say what majority felt, I said what I feel and it is true, ya I dun like losing gear but Ill toss bags for a good fight, people care way to fucking much for pixels

5. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

Sero I have clue who u are bruh and I don't understand why ur trying to turn this into a shit show..I have 15 sele ingots to my name and not not placed a single rank 50 in my hand yet..I play destro and no I'm not luck..I need some gear to compete is that a bad thing..wtf..
    Have not placed a single rank 50 weapon in my hand yet..does that tell u anything..other than get good scrub..just wondering ur thoughts on this...I play pretty much solo as well to..may be once a week I'll have a buddy on.
    If we want a low magic world make it that way one rare ore every 25 kills on a golem fuck it..that puts us all on a more stable playing field than what we have right now...

6. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

You quit cuz you were bad there. What's stopping you from lasting longer on this iteration?

Sero likes this.
  7. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

Then make it a grind what u have now is a shitty in between..

Circa and Korag like this.
  8. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

I dunno what to tell you man. The increase of selentine ingots doesn't just change things for you though. If it becomes available for you, it becomes available for everyone, and that edge you wanted to get ceases to exist anyways...

9. Clarence Swamptown

Clarence Swamptown Black Knight
    Legend

I agree with you for a lot of things, but how does this even make sense? If it's easier to get selentine for everyone, it will definitely allow players like him to close the gap with mages and destros with more play time who can afford to wear full plate more often than he can currently.

I really don't see the point of fighting against the basic level 1 mastery armor to be easier to acquire... specially since it's much harder to farm than leenspar which technically should be 3 tier higher as a rare ore. It doesn't make sense to me that you would prefer casual players to stay behind that much. Plate sets aren't even full sets, and you can buy scale on npc vendors ffs. Full plate is the first real full set of metal armor someone can craft/wear, and who here thinks that it is not balanced against a full bone mage?

#169 Clarence Swamptown, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    Slayven, Korag, Circa and 1 other person like this.
  10. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

It's impossible to strike a balance by just nerfing and buffing skill gain rates or gold drop rates or ore drop rates

What is required are limitation mechanisms for no lifers and catch up mechanisms for casuals

11. ZeuZ

ZeuZ Undead Dwarf

That is nearly an impossible task to achieve with a game that is catered to poopsockers.

Kurise LXV, Circa and Rocky like this.
  12. KoKane

KoKane Celestial
    Wealthy

Doesn't the Leenspar golem give up to 14 ore per kill? 7 drop and 7 skin? Or is that a long ass time ago?

13. Rocky

Rocky Goblin Shaman

I disagree, we need more content. Not grind.

Circa likes this.
  14. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

its like 6-9 i believe a kill now including skin.

Circa and KoKane like this.
  15. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

I just saying I wash they would choose one ore the other..either don't matter to me..
    Give a fuck ton of shot so I can go fuck around in it..
    or don't give me nothing but now I know a no lifer has nothing as well..
    The in between is what I don't agree with..
    As for content that's another thread big dog..

Circa and Rocky like this.
  16. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

What I been saying
    --- Post updated ---
    You cannot limit someone just because they have more time to play, that is like a punishment and punishing players in a game is just a bad Idea
    --- Post updated ---
    it is 8 max now

17. merkmerk73

merkmerk73 Earth Elemental

It's not pixels - it's time. People are going to care if they spend a lot of time to get a 20k gearbag put together that just gets looted.

It's one of the many reasons everyone is jumping on board with magefall - more power, less risk. Can't loot spell skills!

Anyhow it's incredibly dumb that selentine is as rare as it is when it's supposed to be the next tier up from regular old plate and represents R50 weapons - and very bizarre that the devs haven't adjusted the drop rates on it already.

Circa likes this.
  18. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Mages will also have more selentine available to them, meaning the FP helm + fillers with feather will start to come out, as opposed to the current bone set vs plate set.

The gap will still be there.

I've said before I do think the current form of selentine ore acquisition is too low. What these guys are arguing for in this thread far surpasses any reasonable expectation of a late game economy, whereas the same thing could be achieved without ruining selentine market by:

1. Finishing the plate set
    2. Creating another armour set that uses neithal or veilron.

Selentine is used for knightblades, silverbranches, deepblades, to name a few. it has more applications than just the full plate sets that they want. BPG Stated they want to bring things back to the DFO launch level, where anyone wearing good gear brought an oh shit moment.

19. Clarence Swamptown

Clarence Swamptown Black Knight
    Legend

You gain much more with a full set that they are with 2-3 pieces. The gap is still there, but it's reduced. It also takes a lot less ores to craft 2-3 pieces than a full set... it already is much more common to see a mage in a bone/fp set than a destro in a full fp set.

Nice to know you agree with that, and yeah, some people maybe want it too easy... but these 2 options require adding new content into the game. Not that it wouldn't be good for the game, but how long do you think it would take them to introduce new pieces of armors (remember, 12 different races/genders, meshes, textures, animations, etc) compared to just make full plate easier to acquire?

Yeah, which is an argument in favor of making the sele ores easier to acquire.

#179 Clarence Swamptown, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    Korag likes this.
  20. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

You cannot limit someone just because ethe
    It represents a lot more than just r50 weapons and I agree is again why I said I was speaking for myself not majority n I do want it to be easier