Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

SERIOUS: What do you guys do when you play?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Little Lamp, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

WRONG.

How many times have I explained the necessary economy fixes ALSO needed to prevent the same thing from happening again? At LEAST a dozen, if you didn't read them the first 10 times, then It's not even worth my time to write them again here.

I really get sick of myopic first level thinkers who single out a single suggestion and SOLEY apply it, and it alone, to the current game while claiming it won't work.

No shit more needs to be done than just the things you quoted, but when I write my entire "How to save Darkfall" manifesto you kids eyes glaze over and BPG ignores it.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Quit sucking the crygaul juice bud. With a properly sectioned game world, higher tier players and characters dont see newbier characters. The new upcoming safe-zone is just one of many changes that can start helping with that.

Its a very simple concept:
    - People want to become powerful and dominate > Grinding your character is how you do that = More people out in the world, grinding their characters.

- When your character is PVP viable you look for the maximizing potential, and the gear grinding = your 120 stats, your infernal armour, your dragon armour.

- While all of this is happening, different tiered players all over the map are fighting over different tiered spawns that provide better resources, better gains, better equipment = you have your wars/conflict.

So tell me, what is there to do when ALL of that is done. When your character is maxed and your bank is stacked, what is there to do in this game? Because that is CURRENTLY where we are at now. (THIS WHY I SUGGESTED A FRIKEN ARENA BACK IN BETA AND YOU IDIOTS ALL SHOT IT DOWN.)

The cycle needs to repeat. It needs to be replenished again and again and again and again, or the game STAGNATES. This is why you see games like WoW release an expansion every 3 months (something almost no other company can keep up with). People reach the endgame, and there is NOTHING to do. Which is why so many people are keen on the idea of "seasons" or whatever the hell you want to call it. This is also why games like pantheon (i think its pantheon) are exploring the concept of the "soul" or whatever when your character dies that persists with a dynamically changing world. It's recycling content for endless replay ability. Rust server wipes are the samething, Path of Exile leagues.. etc.

#82 Sero, Dec 10, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  3. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Streamer Contributor Legend

I read everything you say. You seem pretty logical to me.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  4. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

It's probably too late, BPG wasted 3 years where they had no competition, even I couldn't save this game now.

Word on the street says Amazon's New World getting a big announcement in 2 days.

The combat may not be as good (but at least it's aim/ physics based) but everything else will be SO much better than Darkfall and it will have tons of players, tons of developers, and tons of $ behind it... plus IN GAME VOICE CHAT and a Twitch streaming mode!

I'm going to start a clan for it and everyone who's ever played Darkfall + any of their friends will be welcome to join. I'm thinking of naming it 'New Founding Fathers of Agon' kind of as an homage to The Purge/ Darkfall.

I'll be posting a thread on it in OT when it closer to BETA in order to gauge interest/ get contact info.

Methodico and Yomi Scythetalon like this.
  5. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Streamer Contributor Legend

Im in

Methodico likes this.
  6. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

New World feels like it is going to suck. It's looks more like a "look what we can do" than the creation of a well rounded game.

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  7. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

I would at least wait and see what changes they made after taking the alpha down for "majorly disruptive fundamental additions"

Like I said we could see something pretty cool by this weekend (maybe testing servers coming back up soon?)

Even before they took the servers down it was really promising, it ticks a lot of the same check boxes as Albion/ EvE/ Darkfall/ Rust, BUT it fixes a lot of each of those games short comings (at least for me)

It's not going to be the medieval quake combat I loved in Darkfall, but it's going to be better combat than basically every other open world PvP sandbox mmo with any kind of population.

At this point there is a lot I'd sacrifice for a game with a real population and skilled developers with money behind it.

8. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

If other changes that you didn't say in this post, which maybe you have said b4 and I missed or don't remember which fixed the economy then sure putting a time gate on gear would help, but putting a time gate is only a short term solution and would not help anything past the first few months, then it would be back to normal, and if the economy of the game was fixed the time gate would be pretty irrelevant anyway.

Andrew likes this.
  9. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Speaking of seperating tiers of players, removal/nerfing of devil while fixing an exploit, completely ruined the highest tier competitive mob. That alone made ~30 high tier players farm noobs more than they would of if the devil was like DFO.

The Red King, Animal and Sero like this.
  10. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

You can 2 man Devil's in like 20 mins. Nowhere near as efficient and much more tiresome then the sub 5 minute mount rape before. Hitting bullet sponges for that long is the most tiring experience this game has to offer. I really wish they'd either make mobs like the Devils more engaging and fun.

11. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

it was broken but it was balanced in a wierd way, super risk vs reward. obviously it needed looked at but I always hated what they did with it.

12. Void

Void Varangian Warthane
    Loyal Legend

Xpac coming ?

13. Eagleglow

Eagleglow Ghost
    Hero

I huge issue atm is clans like BW that own almost every mine city in the game and is rolling 60-70 enchanted gear all day long.
    The game needs a cap on mines, one type of mine per clan, even if a new clan with 30 ppl start playing they are never going to get a holding with a mine.
    A game where noone plays but if theres a siege you got 50ppl logging in is dead and broken, there needs to be a upkeep on citys

The Red King likes this.
  14. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

Game needed upkeep from day one. Everyone has said this, they don’t listen, they would rather change combat and remove portal chambers.

Battle Smurf and Sero like this.
  15. Marxman

Marxman Obsidian Golem
    Loyal

Defiance owned 3/4 of the theyril mines for the vast majority of the game while we had just a small handful of holdings, mostly shit and useless. Now that we are merged into one clan (forced by 100+ no shows) instead of being split into 3 the way defiance/tta/pe are it makes the map look more consolidated even though it always was (on the other end). Didn't see anyone crying when collectively their nutcup alliance owned 40+ holdings and we had less than 10 with 1 mine despite being by far the most active clan in the game and the only major clan who actually plays outside of sieges.
    Who want's to pay for upkeep on "worthless" holdings? Wouldn't that make holdings even WORSE than they already are? You guys only ever want what is politically convienent for you at that exact moment without thinking of the long term.

Maybe after holdings have more value sure, but right now it's purely political, just like all of you retards newfound support for no shows and incredibly cheap sieges as long as it negatively affects us.

#95 Marxman, Dec 12, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  16. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

actually everyone hated that defiance had a lot of holdings

17. Garou

Garou Crypt Guard

theyril mines are garbo way lower rate of rares.

its all about the leeeeeeen

Battle Smurf and Sero like this.
  18. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

PURELY POLITICAL.

Obviously with holding upkeep their value would also have to be increased. The only thing upkeep would do right now is reduce clans holdings to 1 and the ones they want (hrmmm, maybe it isn't so bad).

The current situation in this game is a shitshow, and it just goes to highlight EVERYTHING wrong with it. So short sighted and biased its hysterical.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  19. Marxman

Marxman Obsidian Golem
    Loyal

So an empty map is better than one owned by separate clans? And our holdings wouldn't all be under one tag if it wasn't for the 100+ no shows you dropped, so if you want to cry about how the map looks to noobs you can blame your dumbass self and defiance fags for quitting to wow temporarily
    --- Post updated ---
    If you were fighting 6+ sweaty full dragon nerds every siege for over a year you might feel a little different

20. tntcrafter

tntcrafter New Member

I check back on this game every few months, and seeing one clan owning almost every holding is a huge contributor to me staying away. (not really into crafting just lost access to my real forum account)

Battle Smurf likes this.