Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

server wipe

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shortjollio, Aug 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Ghost

That's the dumbest thing I've heard today. It would not be illegal to have a server wipe. Suppose when the server shuts down everyone gets a refund? Don't be delusional.
    --- Post updated ---
    Some people wont log back in again because they lost their shit. Some will come back for the newbie pvp and then quit the moment people spread out again.

A net loss in the end.

Andrew and Sero like this.
  2. Azdul

Azdul New Member
    Supporter

Gloria Victis has a good solution. All raw and cooked food spoil over real time hours / days. It also applies to some other resources, but it takes weeks / months, not days / hours.

It is good for economy, and for game balance. However it may be too "sandboxy" for RoA.

3. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

It would be pretty fucked up if people who spent real life money on things like gtt and skins didn't at least get store credit for what they have bought.

4. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Ghost

Fucked up, you bet, but not illegal. On the bright side there's no reason to get rid of any of the cash shop items anyway if there were a wipe. The only people missing out would be the ones who sold them for in-game gold, but that's one of the thing that can't be helped.

5. rats

rats Goblin Warrior

I have a decent bank and spent quite a bit of time on it but I would be open to a wipe if it would help but it wouldn't. As has been stated as soon as you wipe its over. The people who actually play and do the farming will never put in the time again and the people who don't will litteraly come back for a week or two until they quit again.

6. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

People are way to attached to pixels..
    It’s about the bang bro.
    People want to bang it out.
    I say we 3 faction planet side this bitch and call it a day.
    Nothing matters in this game..nothing
    Not even ur 18 million dollar stacked bank.
    --- Post updated ---
    Char progression??
    What char progression..mmos have this we don’t..
    The only progression is in this game is literally the player skill..
    There is nothing to achieve in this game..
    --- Post updated ---
    You have no lore for living breathing world.
    --- Post updated ---
    It’s achieve banger status and go fight period..lol you all are trying to make a mmorpg with out no lore or end game.
    Nothing added in this game what so ever..
    Robes and dyes and scrolls so you can get essences I mean come on man..
    There is no innovation here what so ever..
    It’s literally bank stack vill..dumb just just dumb. To bullet sponge mobs.
    MMORPG hahaha you guys are a joke.
    --- Post updated ---
    It’s achieve banger status and go fight period..lol you all are trying to make a mmorpg with out no lore or end game.
    Nothing added in this game what so ever..
    Robes and dyes and scrolls so you can get essences I mean come on man..
    There is no innovation here what so ever..
    It’s literally bank stack vill..dumb
    there would not be cause nothing of value has been added to the game to actually hold ur interest period. No new any one is coming...period.
    Y’all need to think of a new route to go with this game cause dyes and robes ain’t gonna cut it..
    --- Post updated ---
    We been farming the same mobs for 10 years

7. Bakken

Bakken Goblin Scout

I've been playing about a week now, went strait to niff and yssam killed Trent's at 75 stats. Got some full plate/r50 mob drops. Everything I've farmed sells for less than 1k including mahogany.... I'm lucky I haven't died yet because I still don't want to lose my starter bone or my 1 blackbolt...

I'm experienced and know what I'm doing and not exactly catching up with ease due to inflation. How is an actual new player going to do this?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    MaxiHori likes this.
  8. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

How inflated is the market?

If leenspar is around 3-3.5k, and good q4 mats are around 900-1200 ea, nothing is inflated. Its been like that for months, prolly over a year now.

9. Adam Worth

Adam Worth Goblin Warrior
    Hero

A game needs to actually have a population for it to 'plummet' - which RoA doesnt have.

A single wipe / relaunch with marketing after the game is ready doesnt pose a threat of guture wipes and is the only way the game would ever have a population the game world is designed for.

I dont care so much about low pop tbh but if you think the game world will ever be full again without a wipe / relaunch / marketing you are more deluded than Tork 'radial wheel' shaw.

For the game to have any real future you need to fovus on making the needed changes and relaunching to bring in new blood. Focusing on the ecisting plsyers or getting old df players back ate both roads that lead to nowhere

#29 Adam Worth, Aug 20, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    Battle Smurf and Slayven like this.
  10. Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker Crypt Guard
    Benefactor

If you think a mmorpg will be full again with a wipe, you should go play one of those, such as unholy shit. Oh, wait...

Marketing and big push for expansion, great idea for boosting the population, I am all for it. Heck, boost the drops/gains/etc, help new and returning players catch up and be competitive. But also incentivize them to become long-term players, by assuring them that the progress they make will remain.

Andrew likes this.
  11. Adam Worth

Adam Worth Goblin Warrior
    Hero

Unholy wars was not a wipe of DF! It was a different game dude... so completely irrelevant to the duscussion.

Marketing llike you suggest will bring a drip drip of plsyets who will be left with the same old problems of being the only noob on yhe server with no guilds yo join etc etc...

The only way to have a full pop is to fix and add conent yi the game and relaunch with massive launvh marketing yo bring a huge number of players at once. Them many nrwbs will acyually stay and have other newbs to fight anf play with.

And be honest - thete is only acyually one argument not to wipe - that the handful of players dont want to loose their banked pixels that there is no action yo even use anywzy! Kinda sad imo!

Battle Smurf and Slayven like this.
  12. Thrill Kill

Thrill Kill Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

You look at things in more than one way, it would be nice if more players looked at more sides of the situation.

Yomi Scythetalon likes this.
  13. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Celestial

Game just needs a better source of q5 eyeballs!!

14. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Should just pay yourself to lead NEW again @Andrew so there is always a place for new players to go or hire someone to do it full time.

for everyone else asking for a wipe, it's never going to happen as BPG has stated multiple times.

Personally don't care either way, I see the pros and cons of both.

BUT

It's pointless to discuss because it will NOT happen.

Andrew, Sero and Sique like this.
  15. rats

rats Goblin Warrior

Really it doesn't matter because they can wipe and start over completely with a relaunch with Embers or whatever and this game has zero chance of ever having the population it needs and that we would like. There just isn't people interested in playing a game like this and certainly not one that is 10 years old that hasn't had hardly anything major added to it in the whole decade its been around. At this point I don't care if there is a wipe or not or anything else I see the game folding soon I'm just going to try enjoying the little time left for df because I don't see anyone being insane enough to bring it back from the dead again

16. Volfen

Volfen Infernal
    Loyal Legend

DFO still had people playing until this happened. That's when population took a huge nosedive and never recovered.

Rimamok likes this.
  17. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Frostjarl
    Wealthy

Real numbers are needed.
    People might think different knowing only 10 people are logged in.
    I'm down for wipe just cause I KNOW more people would be playing then there currently are at the moment.
    Come classic..legit might be 4-5 people logged in.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  18. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Theres no way around this. People have been calling this for months. Hundreds of thousnads, possibly millions are going to play Classic. Just batten down the hatches and brace.

It'll be fine.

19. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Frostjarl
    Wealthy

that 50k can only go so far.

20. Rimamok

Rimamok Spellgazer
    Legend

LOL radial wheel, ahhhh memories. After I saw that and the side-scrolling backpack, my faith in the company’s 100 year plan began to waver.

Battle Smurf likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.