Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Server Wipe

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leo Woods, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Leo Woods

Leo Woods Dire Zombie

Anyway we can collectively as a community keep begging BPG for a server wipe until they finally wake up and realise it is the best thing to do ?? Guys? :D We can do this!

Blaze and Inkarnation like this.
  2. JasperHawkins

JasperHawkins Infernal
    Loyal Legend

Why do you think the server needs a wipe? What purpose would it serve?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Donaddor Lightbringer likes this.
  3. chad

chad Infernal
    Loyal Hero

Nice attempt at getting my center house. Not gonna happen, nerd!!!!!

4. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

I wish people would stop asking for a server wipe when it will currently accomplish nothing. It may be fun for a month or 2 but then exactly the same thing that has happened will happen again, the new / bad players will have a shit bank, the vets / good players will have a good bank and we will be in the exact same position we are in now.

The only difference is that you would have a bunch of pissed off people that had their banks wipe that wouldn't play again. The bad players who think they are only bad because of gear will be in the exact same position they were in b4 with the good players in good gear shitting all over them.

Eventually you would just get to the state where the same people are still playing minus the ones who lost their banks and don't want to come back because of it.

Also the devs have said there wouldn't be a wipe multiple times so people would lose trust in them.

Now the reason I said currently is because there hasn't been any significant content or changes that would benefit from a wiped server so we would just end up in the same position.

If there was significant changes to the economy of the game (that would some how result in a better economy) + a good amount of low level to end level content added then it might be worth wiping the server. However the game is basically in the same state it was at launch with worse combat, lower grind and a few new items added that really makes 0 difference.

JasperHawkins and Methodico like this.
  5. Auron

Auron Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

If you ask that another time devs wipe and close the server leo

Methodico likes this.
  6. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

This thread is deemed as toxic and will be removed.

No more replies are permitted.

Inkarnation, Methodico, Sero and 2 others like this.
  7. lamigra

lamigra Gravelord
    Supporter

but actually.

8. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Hopefully one day a wipe relaunch happens after territory control, NPE, Economy/ new armor tiers for BONE, robes, Leather, and Metal are implemented/ fixed.

(Then again if BPG isn't going to give the new armor tiers any traits like +% stamina regen, +% mana regen, +% health regen, +% archery attack speed, and +%spell casting speed/ damage then what's the point?)

I'd also really like to see soft capped progression for both character leveling AND craft speed to prevent early game power cliffs/ blowouts, even up the playing field a little between the no life grinders and the newbs, keeps the hardcore from maxing out and having nothing to do, while allowing people who jump in late to catch up quickly because the leveling speed is fast and now uncapped

Also stagger villages/ Sea tower loot.

Maybe even reduce the number of high end mobs/ drops/ city mine rare ores for the first month and add them back in slowly.

Hell there's no reason Leenspar Golems, Fire Dragon, khamset (for cobras), Demon, or Devils HAVE to be in on day 1.

Better to start the game with TOO LITTLE resource faucets than too many. You can always increase it later.

Basically I'd like to see lower ranked gear used for longer and the most hardcore players NOT be able to max out so quickly if a relaunch ever happens. It would be REALLY good for the health of the game.

If you want this game to EVER have a population you MUST cater a bit more to the fish, NOT the sharks. Especially early game!

We sharks will still have more than enough edge just because of our player skill advantage.

Maybe even shuffle the loot tables/ mob locations/ enchanting recipes or make people "discover" the enchanting recipes through trial and error.

That would again remove some of the vet knowledge advantage/ even the playing field, while ALSO adding to the game via discovery, risk vs reward (risking mats hoping to discover an enchant), and information warfare (maybe you figure out a specific recipe and keep it to yourself/ clan). Maybe you find a really good mob spawn location or a mob that drops a really desirable item and your clan camps the fuck out of it (organic territory control like we had in DF1) to prevent others from knowing what it drops or at least getting the drop.

Without changes like this being implemented FIRST, there is no point in doing a wipe.

Leo Woods and Inkarnation like this.
  9. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

I want a wipe and seasons but be warned you will mostly likely get a month ban for posting this

Yomi Scythetalon and Inkarnation like this.
  10. Funky zeit

Funky zeit Spellgazer
    Tester

A wipe would be good, but would only serve a purpose if the game was in a good state. Combat needs to be reverted to beta, I used to be against this, but the constant changes and bandaids over the changes have messed with it more than BPG realizes. The BIG thing we need is content, stuff to do, and no, not 100 more useless tasks. Something to fight over, world events, things an actual mmo has.

11. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Ghost

Tasks, aka WoW quests, are exactly what an "actual" mmo has. Big brain think good.

12. Auron

Auron Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

13. Funky zeit

Funky zeit Spellgazer
    Tester

Darkfall's task system is nowhere near actual mmo content.
    Tree frog brain. Regardless, comparing tasks to wow quests has nothing to do with the fact that darkfall needs things to do outside of killing mobs and sieging.

14. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Then please explain to us HOW you think the population ever raises to where it SHOULD be, without one?

I'm genuinely asking.

I just don't think you or the anti-wipe crowd understand the psychology or tendencies of the MMORPG player pool or the image this game currently has.

When an MMO reaches this state it doesn't rebound without drastic changes.

Enough people just aren't going to give RoA another shot no matter what BPG change, not WITHOUT wiping, shutting the server down, and advertising a relaunch for 2 weeks

Fresh servers/ wipes of even trash games bring in TONS of people for the first month, it will work assuming BPG made the necessary changes prior to the wipe/ relaunch to actually RETAIN them. These are NOT hard changes to implement either.

And ya it's not a sure thing, but the way I see it... it's the ONLY play left.

I want BPG to actually make some real money and for my long-time friends to have a game with the necessary population to actually work, so I make brutally honest posts with uncomfortable truths on what's needed to make that happen.

If that makes me a "toxic/ negative troll" and gets me a 1 month ban, so be it. Nobody even posts here anymore anyway. That level of inactivity/ apathy is an even worse sign than a forum full of negative posts.

Thrill Kill, Leo Woods and Funky zeit like this.
  15. Leo Woods

Leo Woods Dire Zombie

Wanted to post this on my previous thread but unfortunately it got locked.

Just wanted to say, @Battle Smurf you are absolutely spot on mate. Couldn’t agree more with your points.

By asking for a wipe I ofc mean a good amount of updates/total overhaul accompanied by a complete re release with heavy advertisement. I understand that just wiping as it is now would achieve very little. But if points similar to that made by @Battle Smurf were to be followed, I’m sure we would see a great deal of success.

For real @BPG @Neilk why don’t you hire this guy?

I’m sorry if i am deemed ‘toxic’ or to be a ‘troll’ or whatever, I promise I am not - or at least I am not trying to be. I just genuinely want to see this game succeed. There is nothing else like it. I retain the same faith I’ve held for years that Darkfall could be a huge game on the MMO market, if managed well. I love this game. We all love this game. We all want to see it with a pop of 3000+ and with a tonne of content. Darkfall has SO much potential it can hardly be put into words.

@BPG I know you are set in your ways regarding a wipe but please just take the time to listen, at least to @Battle Smurf who is a lot more articulate than me on this matter. A good chunk of the community wants this. Unfortunately most of them aren’t active on the forums so they can’t back me up here. Most active forum go-era are unfortunately only anti-wipers.

I just don’t want to see Darkfall die for what would be the 4th time in my life. Again I’m sorry if I’m deemed as ‘toxic’, but please don’t mute this thread. It is important to have this discussion, in a non toxic manner.

Please listen to your community BPG. We want a healthy Darkfall. Not a quiet one.

Leo Woods signing out - For Agon!
    - All Love ❤️

PS. Please don’t delete this post again :)

16. BeatIt

BeatIt Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

bro we have 1000 players, no need for this

Inkarnation likes this.
  17. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

I'm reopening this thread for discussion, please keep it civil and on topic.

We're vehemently opposed to a hard wipe of the server so that option isn't going to really get anywhere. However we'll leave this open to opinion and discussion around methods to give "entry" points to new players in an existing server. There's many ideas in that regard that we are open to.

WithoutShame and Auron like this.
  18. Leo Woods

Leo Woods Dire Zombie

--- Post updated ---
    Lol, that made me laugh, and cry, at the same time
    --- Post updated ---
    Thanks @Andrew , appreciate it

Andrew likes this.
  19. Auron

Auron Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

New players start to play whit many resources/gold in they re banc....that can work for me....wipe only for holdings maybe....

20. Rune_Dragoon

Rune_Dragoon Goblin Scout

A wipe is probably the worst thing you could do. As a new player, the last thing I'm worrying about is catching up money-wise or stat-wise. I'm more concerned with improving my skill.