Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Server Wipe

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leo Woods, Sep 15, 2019.

1. The Cannibal

The Cannibal Akathar

No ones suggestions get added to the game because BPG is being held hostage by Kilrain. He runs the show and does not care what anyone else thinks.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    MaxiHori likes this.
  2. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

I dont know where this mindset of "you need gear to play" came from but its really not the case.

The only time gear matters is in even skilled fights/sieges. It is VERY easy to throw on a bone set and have fun in this game. Its also VERY easy to take 2 or 3 people and zerg down someone in better gear.

On top of this, the safe zone is coming and will let players farm wealth unhindered. Its very easy to acquire a bank in this game, and snowball your bank once you start winning sieges.

The people acquiring free wealth right now probably already had banks so nothing is really different from this minority. If pixel hoarding is how they have fun let them have it. Chances are they wont use it when they actually fight someone and the gear is on the line.

(Note: No im not playing atm and acquiring free wealth and I have tossed 2 full banks)

#122 Sero, Sep 29, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    The Red King likes this.
  3. FirstNameLastNameRpIsCool

FirstNameLastNameRpIsCool Goblin Warrior

Reason to why I suggested it is because it worked on my UO server, not saying it would work here though.

Started at 150. Sadly it had a lot of bugs because it was majorly customized, loot tables were imbalanced (too easy) and skill gain was too easy (which I found to be bad at a later point).

By the time I'd fix everything it was down to 40. Wiped and mass emails (to previously registered + forums), went up to 360-380, stabilized at 250-300. 300 for that type of old school UO server was quite a lot.

A fair point, but the idea isn't to just please the people that are actively logging in, but the ones that have given up. I mainly blame how the devs have used this forum (not what has been posted), but I think I'm in the minority on this one.

I think that new people would be forgiving with some people getting a few months ahead of the, at the end of the day, those people have lost a lot more than they gained.

Anyways, this won't happen, just wanted to post a suggestion if it ever did. Compromise is the way of life.

The Cannibal likes this.
  4. Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker Crypt Guard
    Benefactor

I disagree, look at unholy shit. It's launch was a an okay-ish success. The vets quickly left, and the new players stuck around for a few weeks to months and also left, leaving behind a dead game. Now it is still dead and almost no one misses it.

The developers are currently making the mistake of catering to the vocal crowd that does not play or support the game at all. Sticking to their refusal to do a hard wipe is their only course of action if they have any desire to see this game flourish.

5. Bug Eater

Bug Eater Undead Dwarf
    Legend

Wipe and make it single player..

Punch line: You don't need to wipe to make it single player

6. Bakken

Bakken Goblin Warrior

Sticking to their guns is what got us to this point.

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  7. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

They need full combat, skills ups, and loot revert.

They need seasons.

Players should always keep homes and Everything else gets wiped.

Seasons should be:
    - 3 months long
    - be random on skill gains: some seasons maybe we are maxed from start, some we have a super hard core grind, some it’s 8x, etc.
    - have random craft caps: some seasons you can craft everything, some seasons cap is r40, some seasons can’t craft at all.
    - some seasons should lock you to certain continents, if you try to leave area you auto die. Only out of continent place you can go to are villages but those villages won’t have a capture event during that season.
    - some seasons should be survivor man: everyone is maxed but no banks or crafting. Just find items and kill people.
    - some seasons should be pirate: only small islands with bind stones and banks and ship harbor for ships. Crafting ships should be super cheap and easy.

Porch likes this.
  8. Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker Crypt Guard
    Benefactor

They didn't stick to their guns. They were doing great at start - adding markets, removing fizzles, adding champions, adding capital recall and less useless alignment system and so on.

Then they stopped that to flop back and forth with small combat changes for 1,5-2 years.

Sliz likes this.
  9. Porch

Porch Goblin Warrior

I've actually never logged on to roa but this would do it.

aparks likes this.
  10. Fenrir Frauki

Fenrir Frauki Windlord
    Loyal Supporter

I would love to see all those changes, but I just looked at the patch notes since the last time I played... You are simply asking too much!

What they should do is revert the grinding back to old-school DFO levels stat/skill gains and THEN wipe this bitch. It would be pretty funny going around in platescale archer/meleeing these nerds with baby nukes. That would get me playing again.

--- Post updated ---
    Ahahahaha you guys are delusional. The graphics are simply too shitty, the GUI (even the heavily modified one we have now) is too clunky, the map is too big, the skill gap is too wide, etc. Where are the quests? Where is the content? Do most MMO players even want to play a game where everyone is essentially the same? This game is never going to appeal to casuals, because it was never intended to.

If you want people to try this version of the game, your best bet is to try and attract people who have at least heard of it... There isn't some new market of Gen Y players who want to delve into an old ass game with a bunch of goofy exploit mechanics that were never even intended in the first place.These mythical MMO gamers you want to attract to this game simply don't exist.

But on the other hand, when Darkfall was launched the demand was so high that a lot of people couldn't even get in on it at the start. Where are all those people? Because those are the only ones you have a chance of getting to log into this game.

#130 Fenrir Frauki, Oct 3, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  11. Clock

Clock Goblin Scout

This game is still fucking great don't get me wrong.. It could flourish still to this day. The grafics are dated but for a reason, high fps with a lot of players in range. Now that the game is so old... technology has caught up and that is not so much the case anymore but it was for its launch.

The mechanics in this game are unmatched (when I say this I mean the mechanics it had at launch.. specialized classes were not implemented at launch.. destroyer ect) and it was very sandboxy with all the fun skills (push and pulls been so long I forgot the names) we had.

being able to take territories, castles, hamlets ect.. its an amazing concept.. the mechanics and sieges were the very best even to this day imo.
    Sea towers and ships were hella fun too... people damn sure didnt wanna lose and expensive ship to full loot and so not many took them out. There was a time when many did... and it ended quick.. but those ship fights were hella fun.

pvp skills needed some tweaking and that's it.. rays needed adjusting.. some bow damage here and there.. would have been great. Could still be great to just fucking pvp again in this game.

I don't want to lose my damn gear (make it lose dura faster.. add more dura.. balance it)... have to respawn so far away ect..(make mounts a lil faster I dunno) maybe make a portal spell for sieges only.. long cast time.. cant be in combat... easy.

This whole full loot pvp niche bullshit is what has killed the pvp in this game and it always did. Hoards of people left in the beginning because getting farmed constantly by people around the safe zones. Its a damn fact. If the small niche people don't wanna do it fuck em.

Its guaranteed people would pvp the fuck out of this game if all these territories were split the way they were early in the game... by multiple clans. People allied sieges happened it was great. It happened a lot.

Losing ya gear and loot all the time killed it... sure the people on the grouped and experienced end did well after feeding off all the new and unskilled players. everyone had a hard time at times in high end loot areas because they were swarmed king of the hill type pvp fights.
    Having to constantly farm and make it was a bitch for even mediocre players that didn't belong to an alliance with the nodes to farm for mats.

If the full loot aspect was taken away... I believe even today people would be playing it, A lot of people.

What to you lose by taking away full loot? Not a damn thing because the crybabies will still pvp and there will be a lot more of it and it will forever be forgotten.

That's just my opinion.. but my ideas are only from the original form.

No damn reason to get rid of bunny hopping either... maybe make mounts a lot faster and diverse... but cant touch the physics or its all fucked.
    If someone don't wanna learn to do it that's their problem. This game was very much skill and technique... You cant alter it. Its just not gonna work.

Wipe and change back to original without full loot imo. Kill the subscription 1 character per account (1 time 29.95) and make costumes, loot drop percentage crap, bonus xp potions and such as microtransaction only obtained from the store. Shirts, hats, coffee mugs ect.
    Leave the skill and xp gains exactly as they were at launch as well.
    --- Post updated ---
    Its a pvp game.. it don't need quests and shit. Clans gear and take territories.. it has epic mobs ect.. fix devils no mount boxing.

MaxiHori likes this.
  12. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Full loot isnt the issue. Getting zerged down and losing your shit is. Guess what though, getting zerged down without full loot still isn't fun.

13. Clock

Clock Goblin Scout

The zerg was tough yes... you say full loot isn't the issue.. but when you lose ya gear and loot over and over because of that zerg it very well is a problem.

14. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Lmfao. If you die over and over to a zerg and it's not full loot, it's still a problem though isn't it?

Haven't heard full loot been complained about in a long time. Probably because everyones banks are fucking stacked and theres a shit ton of loot to go around where it's literally a non-issue except for stingy rats that think the pixels matter.

I have stacks on stacks of gear. It's not an issue. Theres no reason to login and go to a village or city to either find no one, or get zerged down. It's not a fun, and it's a waste of time.

15. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Earth Elemental
    Contributor

Probably because most of the people that complain of the full loot left. It's an intriguing idea, for sure, that many people think they want until they realize it's too much and can't spend their time replacing gear when they want to play the game. The changes they're making now will help alleviate that, though I do wonder if there shouldn't be more done. We'll see though, perhaps it's enough or at least gives them the insight and balls to take it wherever they need.

MaxiHori likes this.
  16. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Like holy fuck.

REPLACING THE GEAR IS PLAYING THE GAME. HELLO?

Just do away with the open world entirely and turn this bitch into a MOBA already. So sick of reading braindead statements.

Like I can run around naked with a blackbolt, R50 and 25 of each reg and have fun in this game.

#136 Sero, Oct 4, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    Battle Smurf likes this.
  17. ThiefGarrett

Contributor

That's fine for you and some others, but most people get burned out on it. You can yell in all caps all you want, it doesn't change the facts.

MaxiHori likes this.
  18. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

The fact that acquiring gear and PVE in this game is actually "playing the game?" Or does that one still elude you?

People get burnt on playing any game. How about instead of complaining about full loot and going through the DREADFULLY awful task of actually playing the game (jeez, what a nightmare!) to get some stuff in your bank. We complain about the lack of intresting things to do on the PVE side.

EVE. Full Loot
    OSRS. Full Loot
    Albion. Full Loot

All still healthy populated functioning games with depth.

Full loot isn't an issue.

#138 Sero, Oct 4, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    Battle Smurf likes this.
  19. ThiefGarrett

Contributor

The fact that people get burned out on it. Does that spell it out well enough for you?

20. Clock

Clock Goblin Scout

This game wasn't meant to be fucking carebear… but the fucking full loot added on top of that is ridiculous. People will play a lot longer than before especially when they actually play long enough to learn how to actually play it. This game is not ui and skills friendly for noobs.