Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Server Wipe

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leo Woods, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Lololololololol. Thats what the up and coming SAFE ZONE is for.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #141 Sero, Oct 4, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  2. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Ghost

All those games you mention have mechanics that make death much, much less painful than df. Like I said, maybe the zones they’re making will suffice, Maybe they’ll need a bit more. We’ll see.

3. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Exactly. Full Loot isn't the problem. The problem has always been the lack of development on the game. It's STILL after 10 years, barely scratched the surface of those other games.

Getting rid of full loot only serves to alienate the fanbase even more. The economy would be WAY out of whack. No one would PVE. The game would be the closest to a MOBA its ever been. All it would consist of is running out, dying, running out, dying, running out, dying. You might as well make it a MOBA at that point.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  4. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Legend

I cant speak on the others, but what exactly does eve have in place?

5. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

It has high sec which DETERS it, but you can really die anywhere except docked.

EVE probably has it 100x worse honestly. I get messages from my friend talking about how he was in a fight with ships valuing $10,000 USD. Imagine losing that and then complaining about making bone sets in Darkfall.

Battle Smurf and Korag like this.
  6. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Ghost

Empire space which is 99% safe for most people and you can get insurance on your ships. Also someone could play for years never leaving their station if they really wanted.
    --- Post updated ---
    It really proves my point. The problem IS full loot without reprieve. By adding in measures like insurance, safe zones, loot rules based on location and whatever else these other games have implemented then you're no longer 100% full loot.

Andrew likes this.
  7. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Except if you took out full loot right now the game would be even more stale than it already is, and players would still get shitcanned by zergs 24/7 until their gear broke.

8. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

This we agree is the issue, not full loot itself but a lack of a "recovery" zone. Even the most elite of "bangers" wants to relax and chill every so often. For this reason the new Blue and Yellow zone system is being implemented on the mainland. TJ has finished creating the zones and we're finishing up the rest of the rules and new PvP flagging system.

Blue is the zone new all players start in which will encompass the Human racial areas. There is no loot drop in this zone only. Yellow zone will be the rest of the mainland minus the centre wasteland and chaos cities areas. Yellow zone you won't drop your paperdoll and will drop some or most of your backpack. This means you won't have to regear much after getting killed in yellow zones but you still lose loot so the danger aspect remains. Outside of these zones is all red/lawless zones with no alignment loss and full loot on all players. Red and grey players will drop all items on death in any zone. We'll have all the exact specifics on patch day but the intention is a blue safe area, yellow semi safe area and red no safety area allowing players to choose their level of risk vs reward.

The Red King, KingLlama and Geezy like this.
  9. BeatIt

BeatIt Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

progression is close to gone in ROA and whit new safe zone ( no loot drop )... its gonna be perfect for mobile sandbox players like u.

10. Clock

Clock Goblin Scout

Its obvious... the same assclowns who have tried to say its not full loot are the only ones still here... I gave my opinion and im done. the same opinion I gave 4 years ago. The new safe zone literally changes nothing... no loot drops.. lol. Send me a message when you revert back to the way the original game was and you have dumped full loot.
    We all called it in beta before the game launched... it was too brutal when we went out in groups killing everyone. The game held population for about 3 months and after that the decline set in.
    I mean.. most guildies and friends main complaint was full loot and the crazy amount of time it took to skill. So you took the amount of time to skill and made it super fast and yet... for some other reason... no one plays.

11. Shadow-Demon

Shadow-Demon Skeleton Archer
    Legend

What is Rise of Agon?
    Rise of Agon raises the PvP Sandbox MMORPG to new heights, giving veterans and new players an epic fantasy experience like never before. In this sandbox MMO, thousands of players have the freedom to choose their own destiny, create and control empires, engage in unrestricted PvE and PvP combat with full loot, or sail the open seas in a reimagined naval warfare system. Strategy and skill will be your most valuable asset when choosing your path. Now go forth and explore new lands, forge alliances to lay claim to your territory, and conquer your enemies where Risk vs Reward will dictate your future

Thats from the RoA website so I think your playing the wrong game if you dont want full loot bud.

12. Clock

Clock Goblin Scout

Im not playing this game.. and no one else is either. Just the same handful of dumbasses. I played this game day one with murder herd. We got all your gear and some.. in beta and live.
    --- Post updated ---
    How is that naval warfare btw? Im willing to bet no one but a dev has even made ship on this server for fear of losing it.. Oh wait... the forums say one alliance owns the whole map so maybe im wrong.

13. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Lmfao. You're clueless bud. Not a lot of people are playing at the moment, including myself, and I promise the reason is NOT full loot. Lmfao.
    --- Post updated ---
    LOLOLOLOLOL. ASK @MikerotchBAGFACE ABOUT HOW SCARED HE IS TO LOSE BOATS. IT MUST SUCK BEING A PIXEL HOARDING NUB AND PROJECTING YOUR FEARS ONTO EVERYONE ELSE LOLOLOLOLOL.

CaptainAmerica likes this.
  14. Shadow-Demon

Legend

He probably died a lot at launch so now he blames full loot and hopes theyll remove it so he doesnt lose gear getting dunked 24/7 bout all i can figure.

Sero likes this.
  15. Clock

Clock Goblin Scout

Im real clueless...
    --- Post updated ---
    I bet I log in with no gear but a r50 bow and take both of you out? How about.. If I kill you both... Andrew bans both of you from ever posting in the forums again?
    --- Post updated ---
    You wont have to worry about if I lose... because I don't play the game. I have not played this game since center dungeon police.

16. Shadow-Demon

Legend

You say everyone quit cause of full loot but i mean i dont know 1 person that quit cause of full loot lmao everyone i know tried this game because it was full loot, they quit because the development of the game was almost non existent with nothing new to ever do but play 10 year old content and bugs that have also been around for 10 years with new bugs popping up anytime they did patch anything. theres no substance to shit you say about full loot besides you being some care bear in the wrong game.

Sero likes this.
  17. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA.

18. Clock

Clock Goblin Scout

19. Shadow-Demon

Legend

Dont worry soon youll have a new blue zone you can sit in and never lose loot just perfect for you, im sure that will really bring all the players back lol......

Sero likes this.
  20. Clock

Clock Goblin Scout

Like I said bad ass... name the spot when and where... I will even stream it for you in case I lose you can record it for the luls.