Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Server Wipe

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leo Woods, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Mea Kulpa

Mea Kulpa Akathar

WOW Clock
    Murder Herd AND Center Dungeon Police, no wonder you are so loud and proud ....

*rollseyes*

M ~

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Korag likes this.
  2. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

what exactly does albion have that makes death/full loot less painful? die here in a 2 v 2 or 5 v 5 and literally lose the equivalent of a dragon bag, and this happens a lot every single day, takes as long if not much longer to recoup the materials to make another.. Much longer in fact if it was enchanted. Just like DF or any other game you can farm and get rich to ease the pain of the loss but it damn sure doesn't make it any easier or have a mechanic to "ease" the loss.
    People just have gotten stupid lazy, dont wanna kill the same mobs they killed 10 years ago over n over again without any type of new content or steady flow of new players due to 1. small dev team and 2. a dev team that cannot get on a path and stick to it, constantly reverting and starting over leaving out content they promised well over a year ago, getting rid of any faction type warfare and then never replacing it. Not adding in rare drops or recipe's as they said they would 2 years ago. Comes down to a company being poorly ran and has NOTHING to do with full loot.

The Red King and Thrill Kill like this.
  3. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Ghost

It has blue and yellow zones.

If you want to only bring back the same people, sure, but if you want to attract and keep as much new blood as possible then no, new content isn't the only thing that's needed. Changing the rules as they are WILL attract a broader range of players, no doubt about it. Will the population suddenly boom? Nothing will make that happen outside of more people becoming informed of the game. The question is, of those that do try it for the first time will they stay? That's what it's all about.

4. soulpcbr

soulpcbr Infernal

The problem this game has is not the players bank.

They should work on the focus of the problem rather than on the palliative ones.

5. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

^

6. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Infernal
    Supporter

Are people really stupid and lazy for not wanting to kill the same mob they killed 10 years ago over and over again? Seems like you are blaming the player base for the games demise because they aren't entirely autistic.

MaxiHori, Sameog and onslaught like this.
  7. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

When i left because of full loot, i just left because i wasn't ready. I came back in 2010 because of full loot and i missed the rush from pvp.
    You can't possibly complain about full loot when there's tons of game that doesn't include this feature.

8. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

people are lazy as fuck, you can see that clearly. Now obviously some people are not but the overall population wants shit done for them or to not lose gear so that there is not much of anything to work towards.
    If you read my whole post you can clearly see the blame lies on ROA, hell even the part you commented on says that the people " DON"T WANT TO KILL THE SAME MOB THEY KILLED 10 YEARS AGO" so I am not real sure what you read but ya might wanna read it again - the feelings.
    --- Post updated ---
    It does have blue and yellow zones and you can still be attacked and killed in a yellow zone and while you don't, it also has factions that allows killing everywhere outside the city. But the game has full loot everywhere else, which covers like 90% or more of the game. You cannot do a lot of content without going into red or black zones.

9. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Ghost

Exactly. This is the kind of thing DF needs, a mix between albion and eve would do wonders.

Andrew likes this.
  10. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

WHAT?!!

Death in EvE is up to literally 1,000x MORE painful than in Darkfall it offers vastly more character / gear progression and risk vs reward

You 2 don't know WTF you're talking about, if ANYTHING top tier gear is too EASY to get in ROA (and doesn't give ENOUGH of a power advantage to combat cheaply geared zergs) which means almost no one has to consistently go out and farm resources which= far less opportunities for open world PVP to occur

I do like the new zones idea though

We really need a relaunch with soft or hard capped staggered character and crafting / gear progression so people don't max out so fast and then quit because they have nothing left to do

#170 Battle Smurf, Oct 7, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  11. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Ghost

*WOOOSH* straight over your head. Imagine if Eve didn't have high sec, Concord, and complete safety in stations that reside in almost every high to low sec system and many null sec systems. No one would play. It's because of these safety systems that it's even possible to have ships and equipment worth as much as they do. The average person dies a lot more in DF than they ever do in Eve. People have mined for years AFK, I know this from personal experience, in Eve without a single death.

If Darkfall had this level of safety it too could have vast more character and gear progression and risk vs reward.

12. DadGamer

DadGamer New Member

Hello, I totally agree with you. Thank you for first writing about it

13. cat

cat New Member

Instead of server wipe, how about new server for Europe regions? But it might be a bad idea to split the community apart

14. Bakken

Bakken Goblin Scout

It's not a 'wipe' it's a relaunch don't worry

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  15. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

"relaunch" when embers is done. Quit ur bitching until its close kids.

NonFactor likes this.
  16. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Infernal
    Supporter

why do you think embers will ever be done?

The Red King and Korag like this.
  17. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Why do you think anything we talk about matters if it isn't going to be done?

18. ijharb

ijharb Celestial
    Supporter

Hi

19. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

HOW is that a whoosh LOL?

Your reply didn't contradict anything I said, and I agree with everything in this quote (and have literally advocated for some of it for over a decade)

I'm completely fine with having SOME areas for carebears with less risk and less reward, if BPG wants to actually make money it just makes sense to have areas of the game that appeal to different player types.

Carebears living in relative safely in one part of the map aren't really negatively affecting the economy that much (as long as they can't farm high end gear in those areas) and it allows them to venture out into the more risky/ death penalty areas when they're ready.

The one thing BPG must NOT do is what AV did at the start of Unholy Wars which is let people in safe zones get leenspar and neithal from nodes because that flooded the economy with top tier gear made risk free by alts/bots/ carebears.

I have always said EvE got basically everything right except combat and that Darkfall should take steps to implement similar mechanics.
    --- Post updated ---
    Nothing we have said on these forums has ever mattered

I mainly posted out of boredom and to be able to say " I told you so " later.

20. Mega

Mega Air Elemental
    Legend

One thing is for sure. There is next to zero interest in playing on the Blackwater server or any 2nd ROA server in it's current state. If you had a HQ, Extinction Rebellion would be protesting outside about the damage you're doing to the environment, by keeping a dead server running just for a handful of players!

Seasons could work. Seasons = Full wipe, none of this carebear shit of keeping houses, skills or any-form of currency!

Rethink of your payment structure would be in order. Better incentives to sub to your product. Which, currently is laughable.