Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Should Mob regen be removed(also no change to hp values)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blaze, May 6, 2020.

?

Should Mob regen be removed(also no change to hp values)

1. Yes

45 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

So not sure if undeath is fixed or not yet, I think it works again.

So the topic is whether health regen on mob is a good game mechanic and should be removed completely.
    From my own experience from killing Dark Dragon and Guardians I dont really feel a difference on mob regen, but I think this is due to me landing most of my spells hence killing it fast and not wasting time healing, dodging ect which would make it longer and give it more time to regen, but this is the experience from someone who has farmed these mobs a lot, for a new player tho regen would just make the mob a lot harder and more time sync to kill, since they would miss more and take more damage. Hence In my opinion any mob that has less hp and Dark Dragons and Guardians most veterans shouldn't notice that much of a difference but for newer players these mobs are already hard, with regen they become even harder and less enjoyable to farm.

Now for the real topic, mobs where undeath is a must are the ice dragon/ fire dragons, since the mobs have so much hp they take a long time to kill hence health regen is more noticeable, but the mechanics of these mobs make it so that they can fly off and be gone for minutes at time, the player has no control over this and as they fly away they regen health, seems kinda counter productive.

Again my own experience, I like where mob health pools are at, I don't notice health regen much on the mobs I farm, but I agree that health regen in general doesn't add much to the game but tedium, it only really hurts new players.
    --- Post updated ---
    Also if people wanna state their opinions on matter might help more than just voting xD

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Isaac Clarke and Darthlizard like this.
  2. Darthlizard

Darthlizard Goblin Warlord
    Hero

I agree. I do not see health regen on mobs adding anything to the 'pve experience' of this game. My only suggestion is that maybe instead of just removing the health regen on mobs, also add in a new mechanic that whenever a mob 'leashes' (goes outside of it's ai box and de-aggros the player), the mob will very quickly regen up to full.

I'm pulling this idea from how the jungle mobs work in League of Legends. This will solve the current problem of health regen on mobs being useless while also creating a new system wherein if you have to pull out of a pve engagement because your health is too low, it resets the mob instead of you being able to come back after statting to full and continuing the fight.

Kantor and Blaze like this.
  3. Dum Dum

Dum Dum Celestial
    Prosperous Wealthy Hero

You wanna get banned bud? Starting a poll on this?? Bpg worked hard to make the game more tedious for you and your gonna spit in their faces!
    [​IMG]

apophis, Inkarnation, Kalos and 3 others like this.
  4. tic tac

tic tac Dire Zombie
    Hero

I am a fan of this.

I know BPGs logic is that they found a bug, and the mobs should have been regenerating this fast the whole time. I would argue there are a lot of things in this game that weren't originally intended. Was the game made with bunnyhopping in mind or is the ability to gain momentum on successive jumps a "bug"?

Saying it was supposed to be this way from the beginning isn't a very strong argument, if for years it became the norm.

apophis, Inkarnation, Fengor and 4 others like this.
  5. Dum Dum

Dum Dum Celestial
    Prosperous Wealthy Hero

Its a lazy mechanic to begin with.. What it does essentially is increases mobs health pools substantially. Thats what we are upset about is the increased health pools and mobs taking significantly longer to kill.. Its adds an unrelenting tedium to the game.

Undeath is not a counter to tedium at best you get 40 seconds that stops a portion of the regen, you then need to reapply every 40 seconds..

Regen is their solution to make Champions a group activity.. but regen is a global variable for all mobs, its percentage based.. all mobs..

lets be honest its a lazy way to try to force people to play together to do boring content that is required if you want to progress your character vs annoying mobs with lackluster mechanics.. They could of chosen.. way better mobs as champions with way better mechanics.. but this is what we get. Rockthrowers, Health sponges, Erratic behavior with extremely fast runspeeds. This is what you get.. now with fully realized DFO regen.. God bless.

Fengor, Inkarnation and Blaze like this.
  6. Inkarnation

Inkarnation Frostjarl
    Legend

Not if youre zerging it down and it doesnt have time to regen *insert black guy pointing at his head*

Bpg doesnt give a shit about solo and small scale, everything they do is mainly to encourage zerging stuff
    Change my mind.